Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake won't release

Parking brake won't release,I have a 2015 F3s spider it has 7699 Miles on it I went to take it for a ride and the parking brake won't release never had a problem with it no code showing up never had a problem with it before it starts up fine but the brake won't release does anybody have a clue to what might be wrong with it any help would be appreciated thanks in Advance

Spyder Garage

Default Search

Did you do a search for parking brake release? I found a number of prior posts on that same subject.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck-f3 View Post
    Parking brake won't release,I have a 2015 F3s spider it has 7699 Miles on it I went to take it for a ride and the parking brake won't release never had a problem with it no code showing up never had a problem with it before it starts up fine but the brake won't release does anybody have a clue to what might be wrong with it any help would be appreciated thanks in Advance
    i had that problem pull in gas station set parking brake wouldn t let go i rock it back and forward and it release

Spyder Garage

Default parking brake won't release

take the nut off the lever on the rear caliper, remove lever and reinstall nut on bolt. Should now be free and you can go about your business. Carry a couple of blocks with you to chock your rear tire when you stop to keep it in place till the dealer gets it fixed.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Issue/Fault

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck-f3 View Post
    On my own 2012 Spyder RT-SE5, a message popped up on the display simply reading, Parking Brake Fault. There was a drag on the rear wheel, because the brake hadn't released the wheel. In my case, I was at a loss, but turned off the ignition, then turned it back on. The brake had released, but the parking brake itself could not be set. The parking brake cable had snapped and it needed a new cable, cable pulley, rotor, and brake pads. I wish you a less costly repair if it comes down to that. The owner's manual states when troubleshooting, to check the brake sensor itself and also fuse #4.

Spyder Garage

Default Chuck F3

Check out the link below -- might give you some answers.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...brakes-lock-up

Spyder Garage

Default parking brake won't release

On an '0ll RT where and which fuse does one check for stuck parking brake...? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    On an '0ll RT where and which fuse does one check for stuck parking brake...? Thanks
    Adjust your windshield. If that works the fuse is OK. Your owners manual has all the fuses listed.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Not sure if your year byke is included, but I know there is a recall for the parking brake on my 2014 RT Limited. That might be a reason for the issue you are having.