Thread: BMW myth

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    Read harder.

communicate better.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Name calling is not a good thing to do in any case--we try to get along with each other here.
    I didn't name call anyone. Please show me where I did. My comment was a general statement about how you could find a few people on every forum that gives that particular forum a bad reputation and could play into getting all there stereotyped.

I did not single out any forum, this forum, nor any member of any forum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    communicate better.
    Reading comprehension was important in school. Did you cut that class?

See post #29 above for an explanation.

Spyder Garage

Pretty bold statement to make toward someone you know nothing about after you have attempted to make point thinking everyone can read your mind. Why didn't you make it more clear with some of the thoughts used in post #29 to begin with? Clarity of communication with complete thoughts is also a skill learned in school. It just so happens I did not take mind reading 101 in earning two degrees with near perfect scores in obtaining my master's degree. So maybe you are the one who needs to review your level intelligence and education.
    Last edited by cruisinTX; 10-24-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Every forum has a few obnoxious posters that seem to have little time to ride, as their post count is up to 20,000.
    A few obnoxious loudmouths can cause us to feel that's the norm for that group.
    Maybe you should just apologize to anyone who was offended by this post, then remove it and all the related posts. I don't think you meant to offend, but obviously some people took it (and then your rebuttals) the wrong way.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Maybe you should just apologize to anyone who was offended by this post, then remove it and all the related posts. I don't think you meant to offend, but obviously some people took it (and then your rebuttals) the wrong way.
    I actually wasn't offended by the original statement; just a bit confused. The follow-up remarks questioning my intelligence and education, on the other hand were quite offensive and totally uncalled for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I actually wasn't offended by the original statement; just a bit confused. The follow-up remarks questioning my intelligence and education, on the other hand were quite offensive and totally uncalled for.
    Ironic, because you both seem intelligent and educated. Misunderstandings happen a lot on the forum; have to learn to stop digging when you find yourself in a communications black hole! Been there, done that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Ironic, because you both seem intelligent and educated. Misunderstandings happen a lot on the forum; have to learn to stop digging when you find yourself in a communications black hole! Been there, done that.
    Funny, I have a different definition of an intentional offensive attack;

this goes way beyond the term "misunderstanding." Just my humble opinion, mind you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Funny, I have a different definition of an intentional offensive attack; this goes way beyond the term "misunderstanding." Just my humble opinion, mind you.
    I'm suggesting this as a graceful way to exit this conundrum...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Funny, I have a different definition of an intentional offensive attack;

this goes way beyond the term "misunderstanding." Just my humble opinion, mind you.

All this bickering is upsetting my dogCole sitting on the table.jpg At 105 lbs--you tell him to get off the table.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Really

There seems to be a lot of discussion here about what I see as a non-problem. Perhaps the other rider was looking at their instruments, or the scenery or something else interesting on the right side of the road, or the cage approaching from their right, or the idiot in front of them who was on their cell phone. Do you always focus to the left? And if the other rider doesn't wave, so what. I know I have missed other riders that waved at me. And I didn't miss them because I was on a BMW at the time. I am 2200 miles into owning a Spyder and really do enjoy the ability to keep riding. Actually, instead of messing with the computer I am going for a ride.
    2015 F3S , Orange

Spyder Garage

WOW the "OP" that was me, was trying to say that sometimes groups of people get a bad rap. I met a nice guy on a BMW and wanted to point out that they are not all bad as some have indicated. As for waving, I wave to every one I pass unless something is preventing me from doing so like shifting. (SM5). Most wave back (even crotch rockets), some nod, some put up two fingers without taking their hand off the grip. Some don't respond (including other spyder ryders).

This thread seems to have gotten toxic and that a shame. People take offense now days way too easy. Some are bold when they are behind a keyboard. Too much computer and not enough ryding me thinks. What will winter bring when we are all cooped up. SMH
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

I was wondering when you would come on. I apologize for being a part of the Hijacking of the main subject. It is a good subject and before the name calling started, all went pretty good. The argument now seems like a lost cause. I will go back and delete my part.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-24-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    People take offense now days way too easy. Some are bold when they are behind a keyboard. Too much computer and not enough ryding me thinks.
    Too much computer and not enough thinking, me thinks!

OR, to paraphrase the old adage, "Too much talking, not enough listening," it might be a case of, "Too much typing, not enough reading!"

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Populas?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    I've had most BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Harley, Victory, etc. riders wave as they go by. Far and away, the majority who don't wave are Harley riders but that is most likely due to the fact that they are the most populous among riders.
    Populas, or Pompous?