Spyder Garage

Default Shark 1400 motorcycle speakers wired remote beep

Hi i purchased and installed the speakers and i love them the only problem is the annoying beep caused by the wired remote when i try to change the input or control the volume. Can that beep be turned off and if it can how ? Or is it a problem with the remote? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I threw the remote back in the box and just used the wired controls. Might check your manual or contact Shark. They are pretty good folks...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHARK

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    I threw the remote back in the box and just used the wired controls. Might check your manual or contact Shark. They are pretty good folks...
    ... He is using the WIRED REMOTE ..... what are your wired controls if Not the Remote ............. To the OP, I've had two sharks and never heard any beeping ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ... He is using the WIRED REMOTE ..... what are your wired controls if Not the Remote ............. To the OP, I've had two sharks and never heard any beeping ..... Mike
    Sorry, you are right, BN! Have never had that happen on mine.

Spyder Garage

I connected the amp to the daylight running lights( the strip led ones) so it can come only when the bike is on. Do u think the amp is not getting a good ground connection that way?
    I even tried the other remote and it is doing the same thing. Loud beeps whenever i increase the volume, change the input or even when i turn it on!! ������

Spyder Garage

Default beeping

Quote Originally Posted by Samir221 View Post
    I connected the amp to the daylight running lights( the strip led ones) so it can come only when the bike is on. Do u think the amp is not getting a good ground connection that way?
    I even tried the other remote and it is doing the same thing. Loud beeps whenever i increase the volume, change the input or even when i turn it on!! ������
    About the POWER source ??? I have not encountered any interference from my NUMEROUS LED's ..... however I haven't used them for a power source involving RADIO's !!!!! ..... The ground connection is critical imho , so make sure you have the best you can ...... I would try a different power source for starters ...try it even if it's just to test this Theory temporarily .............good luck /.... Mike

Spyder Garage

About the POWER source ??? I have not encountered any interference from my NUMEROUS LED's ..... however I haven't used them for a power source involving RADIO's !!!!! ..... The ground connection is critical imho , so make sure you have the best you can ...... I would try a different power source for starters ...try it even if it's just to test this Theory temporarily .............good luck /.... Mike
    Thanks!! I did try and connected it directly to the battery and it is still doing the same thing. Everytime i change the input or lower/increase the volume a loud beep comes out of the speakers!! I sent an email to sharkmotorcycle and also called amazon and they said to ship the unit back to them and that is what i am doing now. Also after further inspection of the unit the screws on the amp looks like they have been messed with and the speakers have some minor scratches as well and the screws look like somebody tempered with them as well so i won’t be surprised if the unit is a refurbished one. I should have inspected it initially before doing all this work. Oh well sending it back to amazon tomorrow and going back to square one to figure out what stereo to get next. Thanks again !!

Spyder Garage

Default SHARK ISSUES

Thanks!! I did try and connected it directly to the battery and it is still doing the same thing. Everytime i change the input or lower/increase the volume a loud beep comes out of the speakers!! I sent an email to sharkmotorcycle and also called amazon and they said to ship the unit back to them and that is what i am doing now. Also after further inspection of the unit the screws on the amp looks like they have been messed with and the speakers have some minor scratches as well and the screws look like somebody tempered with them as well so i won’t be surprised if the unit is a refurbished one. I should have inspected it initially before doing all this work. Oh well sending it back to amazon tomorrow and going back to square one to figure out what stereo to get next. Thanks again !!
    IMO.... you got a unit that was probably returned ( and not checked or re-furbished ) and they just re-sold it !!!! ..... Unfortunately some sellers ( not many ) are Piss Poor at what they do .... Me and lots of others here have been happy with ours .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Not sure what happened there with your unit, but it might have been one of the two that I sent back due to not having enough clearance for the heat sinks. I burnt one out fairly quickly, got a replacement, then a couple of weeks later the replacement went bad also. It did not say in the instructions, but I figured out that there needed an air gap on the back so I added 2 flat washers to each hole. This offset the unit just enough to flow the air through. Have hundreds of hours on the third unit now with no problems. They never gave me one minutes' problem about the exchanges. I then had one of the speakers start rattling so I contacted them again. They then sent me not one, but two speakers. I can't say enough good things about the way Shark has treated me. Hope they get you straightened out.
    Also, I ran a separate dedicated circuit directly from the battery with an in line fuse and a shutoff switch. Now, when I turn it off, it is completely off. No battery drain that way. And, the amp is so hot, it is excellent for putting fast food in the frunk to keep warm for on the way home.
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 10-22-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Not sure what happened there with your unit, but it might have been one of the two that I sent back due to not having enough clearance for the heat sinks. I burnt one out fairly quickly, got a replacement, then a couple of weeks later the replacement went bad also. It did not say in the instructions, but I figured out that there needed an air gap on the back so I added 2 flat washers to each hole. This offset the unit just enough to flow the air through. Have hundreds of hours on the third unit now with no problems. They never gave me one minutes' problem about the exchanges. I then had one of the speakers start rattling so I contacted them again. They then sent me not one, but two speakers. I can't say enough good things about the way Shark has treated me. Hope they get you straightened out.
    Also, I ran a separate dedicated circuit directly from the battery with an in line fuse and a shutoff switch. Now, when I turn it off, it is completely off. No battery drain that way. And, the amp is so hot, it is excellent for putting fast food in the frunk to keep warm for on the way home.
    Given that i ordered the unit through amazon i have to return it, get a refund and then order a new one. They said they can’t just ship me another one because they are not the sellers of the product and they are not sure if there will be new units available to ship from the manufacturer. I did email shark and i am waiting for their response as well. Amazon did email me the return labels but i am going to hold on till i hear from shark maybe they can recommend a quick fix. Fingers crossed!

Spyder Garage

Mine beeps also!
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    Mine beeps also!
    Glad to hear that i am not the only one! That is an annoying sound and very loud as well. Hopefully it is just a feature that can be turned on/off!