Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Actually have 3 two-wheel bikes and a RT-S Spyder. I ride each equally..... have no health issues AND have a MB AMG in the garage. Love my toys!!
    Bruce A. Brown #164572
    MSF 2-wheel Instructor
    H-D Riding Academy Instructor
    S/TEP 3-wheel Instructor

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Spyder Garage

56 with no health issues, have ridden two wheels since I was 22. My wife got scared on two wheels for some reason and did not want to ride anymore. We looked at a Spyder and she fell in love with riding again. I did not plan on going to three wheels until I had physical issues, but hey, she is riding with me again!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder reason

Am 68, have ridden 2 wheels since 16 years old. Have had Yamaha's Suzuki's and Honda. Last bike was an ST1100 Honda. Loved the bike, but was 17 years old, and thought I needed to upgrade. Have admired the Spyders since they came out, test rode one and loved it. I always liked being different, and the Spyder is definately different. My wife likes the safety of the bike, and feels more at ease riding with me.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Default hahaha thought you were calling me !

IMG_20170930_130236.jpg I went nutz , { mid life toys I suppose , 2015 indian , crazy fun to ride I gotta admit , and the temps are in the 40`s for the lows and the 70`s for a high so this is the go to work ride for now } 0729141909.jpg < ---- the first cycle to get back into the road game , had this for about 3 or 4 years 0902161807.jpg and the one on the left is the spyder we ride together { 57 or 58 years old I do forget ! }

Spyder Garage

Default a foot note

anybody want to buy a cycle ? every thing is fun and every thing can be bought , do not fall to much in love with the toys we gather , some one else might like them just as much

Spyder Garage

At 55, I can still hold up any sized bike. I just choose not too.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OPTIONS / REASONS

Back in 08 my equilibrium was pretty much shot .... been riding bikes since I was 10 or so .... I was going to sell my GoldWing and just stick with my Cobra for the open air experience ...... Then I found the Spyder .... Traded for it on the spot , got a fabulous deal and 3 Spyders later I've NEVER regretted it ....... If my balance somehow returned ... I wouldn't go back to TWO wheels ............ Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    It seems that the majority of Spyder-ers are relatively older or they have medical issues that makes it difficult to ride two wheels or they are just simply apprehensive on two wheels. I was wondering how many of you have a Spyder "just because".
    Me? I'm 49 and, thankfully, fully capable of riding two wheels. However, I chose a Spyder not only because of the safety features and the stability, but simply because it is different. Unless there is something out there that is really unique, everything else is just cookie cutter. Sure, there are different models of Harleys, cruisers and sport bikes, but for the most part, if you've seen one, you've seen them all. Most people don't take a second look at most bikes. With the Spyder, sooo many people check it out
    Actually, I don't think the demographics of Spyder owners is greatly different than for all touring bike owners, although it may be a bit skewed toward older men and a greater percentage of women riders of all ages. My local Spyder Ryders chapter doesn't look a whole lot different than my local Goldwing Road Riders chapter, and the crowd at Homecoming didn't look much different than the one at Wing Ding.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The average age of motorcyclists, any type, is increasing. My son, 23, bought a Victory Gunner. You don't find many that age buying cruisers these days.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Almost 59. Reasons for getting the Critter: I like it, Safer and auto clutch with paddle shift. I don't want to be the only driver & my lady can't drive a manual.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default 72

I'm 72. No health issues. Road motorcycles for over 40 years. Love my f3t. Got it in June. The more I ride it the more I like it.

Spyder Garage

I'm 48 . I use my 2015 RTS as a daily driver, with 17k so far. I've had lots of 2 wheel bikes.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

58 HERE. Been riding all my life from dirt to street. Instead of spending money on a bigger Goldwing or other big touring bike, just went ahead with the Spyder. Wife is happier with more room and luxury touring Spyder. Me too, with no previous bike being bigger than 800cc. next year in summer planning our biggest ride to Colorado / Utah, from NC
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Spyder is primarily my wife's bike. I'm 45 and she just turned 47. She has been riding as passenger with me for years. She has experience on dirt bikes and ATVs, but no street bike experience. She had been talking about getting her own bike for the last 2-3 years, but just never found a bike that really peaked her interest until we rode with Blacklightning back in June of this year. When she saw his F3T, she knew it was what she wanted. We did a demo days, bought it 2 weeks later and the rest is history. I have two bikes, but still enjoy riding the Spyder too. I'm signed up for the 3 wheel MSF course next weekend so I can be legal riding it. Honestly I think that is one of the stupidest laws VA has. I understand requiring it if someone doesn't have a motorcycle license already, but if you can ride a motorcycle legally, you should be able to ride a Spyder legally too! VA won't even let you take the written and driving test all at once either. You can take the MSF course and get it in 2 days, or if you want to test out at DMV, you pass the written test and get a learners permit. Then wait at least 30 days before they allow you to take the driving test.

Sorry, rant over!
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Default On a good day I ride my. Spyder....on a bad one this!

They both make me feel young.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

49 here and no health issues.
    My RTL is my first ever bike. Never really felt like I wanted to learn how to ride a two wheeler. But about 2 years a go I fell in love with Spyders I found on magazines and the very few on the road.
    Last February me and my wife went to the dealership for a "test ride" not knowing they don't do those any more, a couple of hours later I came out with an ear-to-ear smile riding my bike home.
    Julio Aburto

Black Currant 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2013 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Honestly I think that is one of the stupidest laws VA has. I understand requiring it if someone doesn't have a motorcycle license already, but if you can ride a motorcycle legally, you should be able to ride a Spyder legally too! VA won't even let you take the written and driving test all at once either. You can take the MSF course and get it in 2 days, or if you want to test out at DMV, you pass the written test and get a learners permit. Then wait at least 30 days before they allow you to take the driving test.

Sorry, rant over!
    Totally agree. I took the three-wheeled course last month. There were several people who showed up on two wheels and I asked them why would they be there if they already had their motorcycle endorsement and they told me they had a 2w endorsement but that didn't allow them to drive a trike. Yes, the Spyder rides differently than 2wheels, but you would think that if you have a motorcycle license, that would be enough. Meanwhile, there was one or two people who didn't seem like they should be driving a car, much less a trike and then suddenly after 2½ days, they were legally allowed to ride a trike! So dumb!
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I’m 32 and I’m on my second spyder. First one was 2012 rss, new one is 2017 f3s Daytona. I’ve had Harley’s and streetbikes but I just prefer the spyder and so does my wife.

Spyder Garage

OK. Since no one with health issues posted here (as requested) It seems that of those with no health issues, most of you guys are on a Spyder because your lady didn't want to ride on 2 wheels with you, but will ride on the Spyder... Interesting.

So the vast minority are people who chose the Spyder just for the sake of choosing a Spyder over say, a YamaHondaSaki. (Rubs Chin)...
    Last edited by classicvw; 10-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    OK. Since no one with health issues posted here (as requested) It seems that of those with no health issues, most of you guys are on a Spyder because your lady didn't want to ride on 2 wheels with you, but will ride on the Spyder... Interesting.

So the vast minority are people who chose the Spyder just for the sake of choosing a Spyder over say, a YamaHondaSaki. (Rubs Chin)...
    That sums it up for me! I had thought about getting a trike kit for my Victory, but that would have been close to what I paid for my Spyder.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Pedal Box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjoe2016 View Post
    I'm 72. No health issues. Road motorcycles for over 40 years. Love my f3t. Got it in June. The more I ride it the more I like it.
    and on your new F3

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post

My wife still rides with me, but wanted a ride of her own. She likes the looks, handling, and performance of the Spyder. With her smaller size, she was having a difficult time finding a 2 wheel bike that fit her and hit all three of those points the way a Spyder does.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Default funny that you should mention that

edit edit edit edit edit edit picking a bike up off the ground would be impossible three wheels eliminates that. I drove up to Mora Mn. for the 10am ride (40 degrees) and when I walked in the dealership immediately noticed I was the youngest one there (54) I asked where the under 40 crowd was and someone chimed in and said they meet in the building next door (its a swamp) hehehe
    Last edited by grieppc; 10-30-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

I am 55, I don't have any health issues.

I bought my first spyder when I was 50 years old, I went with a spyder because of the safety features, stability, visibility, comfort, opening up different avenues for me,( spyder events, meeting other spyder riders, etc.), and freedom on the roadways.

Deanna

Last edited by Deanna777; 10-23-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I am 47 and havent met anyone on a spyder that is younger than me yet. I know they are out there. Riders of 2 wheels have no idea what they are missing. I have a brand new Victory Magnum, but I ride my 2014 RT-S all the time. I only rode the Victory once this summer and now it needs a new battery. Would be nice to meet some younger riders who like to ride hard and carve the corners, and pass some Harleys.
    I am thinking that the older age demographic has to do with the cost of the . When they came out in 08--entry level was about $15,999. In those days you could buy a pretty nice motorcycle or even a car. Lot's of money for a toy.

Currently--entry level for new is about $23,000 and change, with prices now topping out at about $33,000. You can buy a really nice car for that amount. Most twenty somethings do not have that kind of cash to throw around.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red