Spyder Garage

Default DIY Flag Holder for my RT

Been wanting to add a flag holder for awhile now but wasn't liking what was out there commercially. Time to figure out something as am planning on joining the Road Warrior Foundation as they come through North Georgia on their way to Woodstock, Georgia.

Here's what I came up with: essentially I replaced the antennae which wasn't getting great reception anyway.

• Removed the antennae and determined thread size.
    • Epoxied the head of a proper size bolt to a 3/8" nut.
    • Used a 3/8 die to cut threads on a plastic rod I had from an old set of blinds.
    • Slipped the stock rubber boot on the rod, screwed the rod onto the 3/8" nut and then screwed the rod/nut/bolt into the threaded hole for the antennae. Slid the boot down over the hole.
    • Have several appropriate size flags, took one off original wooden dowel, used a hole punch and attached flag to shaft with hot glue and small tie wraps through the holes and around the shaft.
    • Topped off the shaft with the finial from the wooden dowel.

Test rode and everything was good to go. As I had everything, total cost...$0. Works for me. Also-even with no antennae, the two local stations that were coming in clear...still do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done....

Looks good on there. Always like to see the DIY'ers at work. Let us know how it holds up out in the open road...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

GOOD JOB! DIY Pride!
    2017 RT-S. Bone Stock!

Spyder Garage

Default Nice job

Nice job!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.