Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Adventures 2018 -

When and Where is it in 2018?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEXT EVENT

Quote Originally Posted by kpspyder View Post
    When and Where is it in 2018?
    I just got off the phone with Regina ...... and She needs some folks to step up and volunteer to help Her out with this .... ONE person cannot put on an event of this magnitude....and yes, she did have some help with this years Event ( and thank you to those who assisted ).... but More help is needed ........... This event was fantastic and I would be very sorry if it wasn't continued ......So any locals who could pitch in ( like in Missouri - the MoGang ) don't hesitate to contact Regina aka " Catniption " ..... Thank you .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-18-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018 event

First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to all the vendors and guests of this year's event! The dates for 2018 are Oct 11-14. It will be at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds, as usual.

BlueKnight is correct, I need more help with the event. The main thing is ryde leaders. The only reason I didn't set ryde schedules this year is due to lack of volunteers to lead. There seems to be some out there, I just don't know who they are! If anyone wants to lead a ryde, please let me know.

Otherwise, help with set up and tear down is needed. Setting up picnic tables, rolling trash cans out and so forth to start, followed by returning everything to its original position, cleaning restrooms and picking up the entire area has to be done. The fairgrounds are inspected by the town maintenance manager before I can leave.

Obviously, I am not much for posting on any forum. After 9 to 10 hour work days, I can hardly look at a computer any longer! However, I do get emails on my phone, so anyone can contact me at regina@spyderadventures.com.

Spyder Garage

Default STAND & BE COUNTED

Quote Originally Posted by Catniption View Post
    First and foremost, a huge THANK YOU to all the vendors and guests of this year's event! The dates for 2018 are Oct 11-14. It will be at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds, as usual.

BlueKnight is correct, I need more help with the event. The main thing is ryde leaders. The only reason I didn't set ryde schedules this year is due to lack of volunteers to lead. There seems to be some out there, I just don't know who they are! If anyone wants to lead a ryde, please let me know.

Otherwise, help with set up and tear down is needed. Setting up picnic tables, rolling trash cans out and so forth to start, followed by returning everything to its original position, cleaning restrooms and picking up the entire area has to be done. The fairgrounds are inspected by the town maintenance manager before I can leave.

Obviously, I am not much for posting on any forum. After 9 to 10 hour work days, I can hardly look at a computer any longer! However, I do get emails on my phone, so anyone can contact me at regina@spyderadventures.com.
    Regina since I brought this up .... I'll be first to commit to helping with anything You need done .....( Andy, has already volunteered to do a ride for you ) ...... I plan to arrive early & leave late so just keep me informed ..... ..........PS, to those thinking about attending - I would like to put a group together and rent a cabin ( 4 to 6 ) ... I like to cook and have been complimented about my culinary skills .... Unfortunately this year was a disaster for the cooking thing , no stove, mini frig , no table or seating, in a cabin that was 15 x 10 ,....the ONLY good/great thing was my roommate Joe ( Buckeye ) Bleau. I couldn't have been happier......Thanks Joe I was honored to bunk with you --- even if this cabin .....not your fault ....Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Regina since I brought this up .... I'll be first to commit to helping with anything You need done .....( Andy, has already volunteered to do a ride for you ) ...... I plan to arrive early & leave late so just keep me informed ..... ..........PS, to those thinking about attending - I would like to put a group together and rent a cabin ( 4 to 6 ) ... I like to cook and have been complimented about my culinary skills .... Unfortunately this year was a disaster for the cooking thing , no stove, mini frig , no table or seating, in a cabin that was 15 x 10 ,....the ONLY good/great thing was my roommate Joe ( Buckeye ) Bleau. I couldn't have been happier......Thanks Joe I was honored to bunk with you --- even if this cabin .....not your fault ....Mike
    I have never rented a cabin in Maggie Valley. But I have stayed at quite a few in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Severville. There are some good deals out there, but the earlier you make arrangements, the better the price. I try to make all my arrangements for the year by the end of January.
    And Regina, I will be contacting you to voluteer to help on leading some rides. I will work with you to see how long you would like them to be. I will also be able to help in other aspects also, but I just need to see how much attention my other half will need. Looking forward to working with you, and thanks for doing this.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Count us in!

Rhonda and I are planning on being there for the week for extra ryding. We can definitely help with the set up. We love this rally and are looking forward to it.

Ryde Safe, Rich

p.s. sending Regina a separate message
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This event really was a spectacular rally. Perhaps because the weather could not have been better, surely in part due to the work of Regina and her crew.
    The vendors seemed to be doing well and the Ryders had no shortage of GREAT byking roads. I honestly believe that you could go there with no map and just take off in any direction, take whatever turns you prefer and have one of the best Rydes of your life.
    We managed to have maps, acquired by Andy Mauger that outlined about 40 different routes, Snake, Rattler, Dragon, Mooshiner, Devils Triangle, Green Loop, etc. that made it easy.
    The restaurant story were great, the lodging is ample and the town is small enough to make everything easy.
    Wow, this was just great! You owe it to yourself to put this on the list.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Email sent to Regina.
    Really looking forward to next year and ready to do what I can to help.
    See you guys next fall.
    BTW, we will be in the area with the M109 guys next June, so come crash our party. I always do. Might even have another M109 by then.

Spyder Garage

Default MAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    This event really was a spectacular rally. Perhaps because the weather could not have been better, surely in part due to the work of Regina and her crew.
    The vendors seemed to be doing well and the Ryders had no shortage of GREAT byking roads. I honestly believe that you could go there with no map and just take off in any direction, take whatever turns you prefer and have one of the best Rydes of your life.
    We managed to have maps, acquired by Andy Mauger that outlined about 40 different routes, Snake, Rattler, Dragon, Mooshiner, Devils Triangle, Green Loop, etc. that made it easy.
    The restaurant story were great, the lodging is ample and the town is small enough to make everything easy.
    Wow, this was just great! You owe it to yourself to put this on the list.

Joe
    annnnnnnnd Regarding the above mentioned MAPS .... they are FREE for the taking at the Welcome Center on Soco rd. when you enter Maggie Valley from the East ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Well, after being shut down with high temps in the 30's for the past week (and next 7 days appear the same), I got anxious. So I have made my reservations for this rally. I will be there from 10/10-14. My wonderful wife has committed to going this year, so rides that I lead will be adventurous, but not nail biting. Hope to see you there.

Spyder Garage

How many people usually come to this rally? The wife and I are planning on coming this year... Maggie Valley inn is the correct hotel???

David

After last year's water logged Spyderfest, the better half has informed me it would be a good idea to trailer it LOL. But that's another story.

Spyder Garage

Default MAGGIE VALLEY

Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    How many people usually come to this rally? The wife and I are planning on coming this year... Maggie Valley inn is the correct hotel???

David

After last year's water logged Spyderfest, the better half has informed me it would be a good idea to trailer it LOL. But that's another story.
    My guess would be about 500 people ....... Maggie Valley Inn wasn't high on anyones list for lodging ...... Go on-line ie. Booking.com or Kayak, Price line etc ...... and they will get you the best rates ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Maggie Valley Inn wasn't high on anyones list for lodging ...... Go on-line ie. Booking.com or Kayak, Price line etc ...... and they will get you the best rates ............ Mike
    Maggie Valley are full of hotels and motels. Some are nice, clean, cheap places to stay. While other places get a little more luxury. Last year, we had a nice clean place for around $50-60 a night. This time, the wife is going, so I had to step up my game a little. We are renting a nice 2 bed, 2 bath condo. I hope the weather is good, but if there should be rain, the wife and I will have a good place to relax.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Adventures 2018

We’re interested in attending, this’ll be our first Spyder event. Do we need to register in advance to attend? If so, where and how?

Thanks!
    So raise the sails, and trim all the sheets.
    Set your course, and jam all the cleats.
    We'll follow the north star to know where we are.
    So, you sleepyheads, get out of bed, right now.
    Let your fortunes be cast to the wind

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NaDSoB View Post
    We’re interested in attending, this’ll be our first Spyder event. Do we need to register in advance to attend? If so, where and how?

Thanks!
    If you go to the main page on SL there is a link (the picture of Lamont in the center of the page) to many Spyder events including Maggie Valley. For this event here is your link for additional info: https://maggievalleync.gov/events/sp...entures-rally/
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    If you go to the main page on SL there is a link (the picture of Lamont in the center of the page) to many Spyder events including Maggie Valley. For this event here is your link for additional info: https://maggievalleync.gov/events/sp...entures-rally/
    Thanks!!!
    Looking forward to it!
    So raise the sails, and trim all the sheets.
    Set your course, and jam all the cleats.
    We'll follow the north star to know where we are.
    So, you sleepyheads, get out of bed, right now.
    Let your fortunes be cast to the wind

Spyder Garage

Just booked room and registered for event. We can only do Friday and Saturday nights, though.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Adventures

I'll ne up with a couple of guys from Cumming, Ga. This will be my third one. For a new rally I thought it was a good time. Would be willing to lead a ride. We make the trip to Maggie Valley 3 or 4 times a year.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default Coming from Indiana

Got our cabin and ready to go.

David and Mikki

Spyder Garage

Default Coming from South Georgia

Looking forward to the Maggie Valley Spyder Rally, we have attended the last two years! Hoping the weather will be good for those days of October 11-14th! Regina needs help to carry out this large events, so if anyone is there before the 11th of Oct., please check and see if you can assist her in anyway! I want to thank her for working very hard to put this Spyder Rally on for us, this is the one true Rally we have down South, all the others are too far up in the Northern states for us to attend! Thanks Regina!!!!

Spyder Garage

Is the hurricane that blew through going to effect this outing???
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Is the hurricane that blew through going to effect this outing???
    According to what I have heard, the rains and wind was quite light in that area. I did see a couple of rock slides, but nothing that will affect the majority of the riding. We go 2-3 times a year, and this is one of the top places for riding. Really looking forward to this event. I will be able to help out and lead a few rides, but they will be shorter and slower than last years, as I will have the wife with me. We will arrive on 10/10.
    BTW, this year I will be bringing some of my M109 buddies with me. Since I crashed their party, they will be coming to ours.
    Last edited by blacklightning; 09-25-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Anyone else on here going? I’m headed down on 10/8 and returning on 10/14. Can’t wait!
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Anyone else on here going? I’m headed down on 10/8 and returning on 10/14. Can’t wait!
    I'm headed up on the 8th with another guy. This will be my 3rd one.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I can hardly wait. Tell Georgia that she will have to take it easy on me this year, as I will have a passenger and will have to drive like I have some sense. This will be my 3rd rally in Maggie Valley, and I attended the on in Fontana Village prior to that(we stayed in Robbinsville). I need this break some kind of bad. Weather here is supposed to be perfect this weekend, so I will do a pre-ride.