Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The End is Near

Spyder Garage

Getting chilly here, about 84 today.

Spyder Garage

Default Priorities are messed up

This is the third weekend in a row I will miss ryding and football to help my son remodel his bathroom. I'm tempted to dig a pit in his backyard, put a refrigerator box over it and call it good.

Spyder Garage

Default 365 days of riding in Vegas

I dont think I’m going to put my spyder up ever, here in vegas. Cloudy (a rarity) and mid 80s for the high.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can always become a "snowbird" and come to Florida for the winter months-just remember to bring the spyder Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiceman64 View Post
    I dont think I’m going to put my spyder up ever, here in vegas. Cloudy (a rarity) and mid 80s for the high.
    Was there in December about three years ago. It was cold and there was about six inches of snow on the ground in Zion Park.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Our riding season is just beginning here in Arid-Zone-A. Went for a lunch ride today with a couple of friends. Our riding protection is sunscreen. Close to 100 degrees today. Did some mountain twisties and some slow sweepers and all is good. Looking forward to a long winter of riding with good friends.

Oh oh for goodness sakes, SHUT UP!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Answer is you need to pop down to the Southern Hemisphere for a few months. It's Spring here, daffodils have done their dash, the snows retreating from the closest mountains and we've just gone to daylight saving..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Answer is you need to pop down to the Southern Hemisphere for a few months. It's Spring here, daffodils have done their dash, the snows retreating from the closest mountains and we've just gone to daylight saving..
    Hmmmmm....wonder how much it would cost to get my Spyder there?
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It doesn't matter: it'd be worth it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Got out the First Gear headed clothing and tried it out. Waiting until next weekend do do a color tour here in MI. Last color tour we rode in some 20 degree waether in the mornings and the heated gear from Bajaron worked flawlessly!! Great stuff, great price!!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I quit smoking about 10 days ago. I have to keep ryding thru the Winter or I'm gonna chew my own arm off!!

Spyder Garage

The co-founder of NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) and myself plan on a ride today. the temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's (40 something now)... Might be one of our last decent rides for the year??
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Quitting

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    I quit smoking about 10 days ago. I have to keep ryding thru the Winter or I'm gonna chew my own arm off!!

Hang in there Hank----------

Quitting that dis-gusting habit was one of the best things I've done in the past 20+ YEARS. I tried 6 times and finally did it. Just don't give up. If you are really ready to quit----- you can do it. Get support from people around you ( non-smokers of course) . Local heath care providers, wife and kids can help. Mints and exercise help also. Find a friend or get a quitting buddy---- make a big bet.

Think of all the advantages:

Money in your pocket, taking a real deep breath, skiing the mountain from top to bottom with out stopping 4 times, no more smelly car, clothes or breath, ***** better gums ******. Oh, did I mention the big C.

But---- You may loose some contact with people who still smoke cigs as you won't want to be around them.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Hang in there Hank----------

Quitting that dis-gusting habit was one of the best things I've done in the past 20+ YEARS. I tried 6 times and finally did it. Just don't give up. If you are really ready to quit----- you can do it. Get support from people around you ( non-smokers of course) . Local heath care providers, wife and kids can help. Mints and exercise help also. Find a friend or get a quitting buddy---- make a big bet.

Think of all the advantages:

Money in your pocket, taking a real deep breath, skiing the mountain from top to bottom with out stopping 4 times, no more smelly car, clothes or breath, ***** better gums ******. Oh, did I mention the big C.

But---- You may loose some contact with people who still smoke cigs as you won't want to be around them.
    Bingo, bingo on cigars after 20 years or so. Last one 10/30/10. Never looked back. A real money pit for me--I liked the $5.00 and up per stick versions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rode last night here in the Laurentians in the beautiful province ( home of the Spyder) Quebec. It was a warm day, hoping there will be a couple of more, but it is getting near the end!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post

Quiting smoking is one thing you will NEVER REGRET!!!

I quit smoking on 4/3/92. Over 25 years ago and thousands of dollars saved!!!

It wasn't easy and took four attempts before I was successful. Trust me, it will be well worth the effort. And yes it will be an effort but after about a month or so it will become easier and easier. Your body will show it's appreciation, along with your family.

Kaos and akspyderman are absolutely correct with their comments.

Good luck, Bob.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Quiting smoking is one thing you will NEVER REGRET!!!

I quit smoking on 4/3/92. Over 25 years ago and thousands of dollars saved!!!

It wasn't easy and took four attempts before I was successful. Trust me, it will be well worth the effort. And yes it will be an effort but after about a month or so it will become easier and easier. Your body will show it's appreciation, along with your family.

Kaos and akspyderman are absolutely correct with their comments.

Good luck, Bob.
    Thanks all. I asked my 16 y/o daughter what she wanted for Christmas...and this was it. So, there is a little extra motivation behind it.

Spyder Garage

Where is that Global Warming when you need it!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

RE: Global Warming

The ice is melting more every year north of AK in the Northwest Passage. Polar bears are affected. The walrus population has adapted.

The glaciers are melting back--all over. I have seen this happening the almost 20 years I have lived in AK. Glacier National Park, Montana. Four drive to glaciers in AK. Matanuska Glacier, Knik Glacier, Portage Glacier, Exit Glacier in Seward.

Droughts in the western US.

I am leaning in favor that global warming is real.

But...lets not start a big discussion in this thread.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-19-2017 at 02:48 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that. we have been hoping for cooler weather here, last few days have been in the mid to high 90’s. Down in the 80’s today and tomorrow, then the heat comes back for the weekend. Been windy here this year too. Wishing you all good riding weather, from Temecula, California.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default California

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Woke up to black ice on my road and 20 degree temps. It's getting to be about time for me to park em for the season. Last year--it was 10/21. Will let you know when its "official" here. Linda is done for the year--to darn cold.

Anyone else???????
    That's the nice thing here, we are coming out of the heat into the best time of the year for riding. Consistent sixties to seventies and no marine layer clouds to make the skies gray. During the summer months I tend to stay right on the coast to dodge the hundred degree heat inland.

Spyder Garage

Default Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Oh oh for goodness sakes, SHUT UP!

Joe
    I was born and partially raised in Cincinatti. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Ohio; cold and dank in the winter and hot and humid in the summer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Where Did The Riding Season Go?????

I still remember "getting out of Dodge" early from Spyderfest to avoid the weekend monsoons and flooding in the area that followed. This week's weather has been Indian Summer like. The mid-to-upper 70s will hold through Saturday. Next week the highs will only get to the 50s. Not taking any chances. I'm taking my Spyder to my dealer for its annual service on Saturday before getting it ready for its long winter's nap.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I still remember "getting out of Dodge" early from Spyderfest to avoid the weekend monsoons and flooding in the area that followed. This week's weather has been Indian Summer like. The mid-to-upper 70s will hold through Saturday. Next week the highs will only get to the 50s. Not taking any chances. I'm taking my Spyder to my dealer for its annual service on Saturday before getting it ready for its long winter's nap.
    Yup! The season does pass by fast. And I am one of the earliest/latest riders up here.

2020 F3L , Magma Red