Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The End is Near

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Weather has been nice,

but the Spyder is in the shop. That's a first for me. I'm told they had to order parts. Missing the riding.

Spyder Garage

Default Ohio weather prediction report is good for 15 minutes

Approx 68 degrees in the afternoon today--same or higher predicted for the weekend. Jet stream controls our weather. I grew up in a Green Bay area farm. I remember the old nylon rayon tires would flat spot over night--initial ride was up & down until I turned & the flat spots got out of sequence & it was rock-roll & twist time. After the US Army & 3 yrs in NJ with IBM I moved to Calif for 22 yrs. After having a successful business in S. Calif I moved to Laguna Beach, CA on a street named LaVista (for the 180 degree ocean view). 12 houses on this street--every home had an as*hole for a neighbor I'll take this weird cold weather & neighbors over the floods & fires anytime.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hawaii Spyder--- who can service these??

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    All good in the 50th state. Come down and visit anytime.

Hispyder,
    below is recent thread i started... who works on your machine..im on oahu... any problems---?? thank you for the insight.

Hello Everyone,

I am purchasing a 2013 Can Am Spyder RT Limited SE5 with 2000 miles on it....very clean.. has had a gently life up to this point. After reading forum entries for a few weeks, I have questions as to the reliability of this machine. I have no dealer close, living in Hawaii. Yea..... sounds great... year round riding, beautiful Hawaii……the downside of Hawaii? Cam am told me to ship it to California to preform heat issue recall… my serial number is one of the lucky ones. No dealer means no computer diagnostics locally. Can am will not allow a local licensed motorcycle dealers to perform. I half agree… liability is the issue today… for everything, but a qualified shop should be able to assist. Not worried about changing tires, oils, all routine maintenance. I have 47 years riding motocross..and crashing, plus 135,000 miles on the street, no crashes. This spans Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasaki’s…. all of them used to the max, with no problems. So reading about the RT--- and having no dealer to reset the error codes…that may be valid or just loose bat terminals---I question if they have the quality of above mentioned work horses. So a few questions asking about everyone’s experiences.

1)BUDS software sold online—amazon sells it--- that makes it legal..right..? If I purchase it, and learn how to use it, I can address computer codes and troubleshoot and reset? Below is what is listed on Amazon…..

BRP BUDS / BUDS2 MPI-3 Diagnostic Scanner 4TEC/ETEC for SEADOO SKIDOO CANAM LYNX

2) Is there a way to get recall parts/ECU data to perform the heat recall?

3) The RT is in the same class as a Goldwing—sofa with wheels. But how does its quality and reliability compare?

I appreciate all comments. I understand, this machine may never even have one hiccup… my hope. Or it maybe a maintenance nightmare….. But want to know what she’s like before we get married.

And..your all welcome to bring your Spyders over and ride---any day--- summer year round you know…….

Thank you very much!!

Joemoto

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP

Quote Originally Posted by JOEMOTO View Post

Hispyder,
    below is recent thread i started... who works on your machine..im on oahu... any problems---?? thank you for the insight.

Hello Everyone,

I am purchasing a 2013 Can Am Spyder RT Limited SE5 with 2000 miles on it....very clean.. has had a gently life up to this point. After reading forum entries for a few weeks, I have questions as to the reliability of this machine. I have no dealer close, living in Hawaii. Yea..... sounds great... year round riding, beautiful Hawaii……the downside of Hawaii? Cam am told me to ship it to California to preform heat issue recall… my serial number is one of the lucky ones. No dealer means no computer diagnostics locally. Can am will not allow a local licensed motorcycle dealers to perform. I half agree… liability is the issue today… for everything, but a qualified shop should be able to assist. Not worried about changing tires, oils, all routine maintenance. I have 47 years riding motocross..and crashing, plus 135,000 miles on the street, no crashes. This spans Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasaki’s…. all of them used to the max, with no problems. So reading about the RT--- and having no dealer to reset the error codes…that may be valid or just loose bat terminals---I question if they have the quality of above mentioned work horses. So a few questions asking about everyone’s experiences.

1)BUDS software sold online—amazon sells it--- that makes it legal..right..? If I purchase it, and learn how to use it, I can address computer codes and troubleshoot and reset? Below is what is listed on Amazon…..

BRP BUDS / BUDS2 MPI-3 Diagnostic Scanner 4TEC/ETEC for SEADOO SKIDOO CANAM LYNX

2) Is there a way to get recall parts/ECU data to perform the heat recall?

3) The RT is in the same class as a Goldwing—sofa with wheels. But how does its quality and reliability compare?

I appreciate all comments. I understand, this machine may never even have one hiccup… my hope. Or it maybe a maintenance nightmare….. But want to know what she’s like before we get married.

And..your all welcome to bring your Spyders over and ride---any day--- summer year round you know…….

Thank you very much!!

Joemoto

... since you are new to the Spyder. You will learn that almost every procedure that BRP says must be done or else isn't always so .... A lot of what BRP states must be done and checked and/or adjusted via BUDS is mostly CYA from the BRP lawyers...... They ( BRP ) know what the truth is, but aren't likely to share that info .... Now don't mis-understand me ..... I have owned three different Spyders and loved each and every one of them.....But to me Truth rules ..... You have the V-twin and might believe you will need to have the Valves checked at 14,000 (?) miles ( costing $ 600 to $ 800 )...... This has proven to not be true ..... 1000,s of Spyders have gone 75 to 100,000 miles with out them being adjusted..... I firmly believe a lot of Spyders that were brought to dealers to have them checked ..... were NEVER even looked at because the dealers know they 99.99% of them won't need an adjustment ...... if you still have the Kenda tires when they wear out get some Auto tires in the appropriate sizes and run them at 15psi front and 18 psi rear for best performance ....... And we are here to assist your enjoyment so ask questions ....lots of answers here ......good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    This would be the subject... sorry to hear that Just cleaned the Jag up after a ryde through a forest fire. Was a cool refreshing ryde up in the hills till I hit the fire zone...But we too suffer the cold here....have to stick closer to the coast
    That's just so not right. Rub it in ok.

Spyder Garage

We have snow on the ground and it is April 6th. Hurry up Spring!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Still a ton on the ground here in the Laurentians of Quebec. We are usually a month behind the nearby cities, and it is snowing like crazy today. So we may not see riding until the beginning of May!!!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I'll be riding next week-end, the temps in the 50's WOHOOOOO!!!!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Here in the Dallas area it did not get above 37 all day with a stiff north wind. I stayed in the cage for another day. Brrrr.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default about time !

like all of you , the temps are getting better ---- today - should be 55 high ( if we push it ) next week ( Monday high 50`s --- Tuesday low 60`s as for Wednesday ---- Thursday -----> 70` degress bayyyyy beeee ) ohhhhh man ------ work gets in the way always something

Spyder Garage

Default Riding this week - yippee

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    like all of you , the temps are getting better ---- today - should be 55 high ( if we push it ) next week ( Monday high 50`s --- Tuesday low 60`s as for Wednesday ---- Thursday -----> 70` degress bayyyyy beeee ) ohhhhh man ------ work gets in the way always something
    Youngers - I live in Bloomington and see what you see in the weather forecast which is terrific. Did you know a Spyder owner in New Albany named Gary Solodkin with a Yellow RTS?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Yea

Its cold today in middle tennessee. The good thing is its going to get up to the 60's and 70's as we get closer to the weekend. I believe Saturday its going to get up into the mid to upper 70's. I'm so ☺ its time to go out and Happy Trails. Life is Good