Spyder Garage

Default Tire sealant timing

Hey all,

Need some timing advice. Should I put tire sealant in my f3 tires (first time ever) now as the end of the season is right around the corner (I do ride in the winter months but they can be iffy here on Long Island) or should I wait until the start of the next season? I was wondering if the sealant congeals or gunks up if it's not rolling around in the tire for a few weeks. Thanks in advance!

-Rob

Spyder Garage

Default Not a fan....

I would suggest , if you must, waiting till next season. As a mechanic and having had to deal with the from its introduction as a farm equipment product I do not use or recommend it. if in a bind and the only thing available fix-a-flat would serve you better. Then fix the flat and wash the stuff out...jmo
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Unless things have changed, most of that sealant/"fix a flat stuff" should have been called "Rim-Wrecker!"
    Best part (aside from sticking like glue to rims) was the residual effect it has on balance.

Would never consider putting it into tire system unless emergency!
    As far as balancing is concerned: Wouldn't count on it & would expect wheels to be almost "un-driveable" @ normal speeds.
    Last edited by TRLBLZR1; 10-17-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I know of two people who had major handling issues with tires that had AmerSeal in them. Weather changed and it was like they had rocks in their tires. So bad they both had to have their tires removed and the junk cleaned out of them.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

The stuff was created for tractors and farm equipment so they did not have to repair tires in the fields. Later used on mountain bikes, trail bikes off road trikes and quads. All slow moving vehicles where balance and alignment were not an issue. Not so for the vehicles we are ryding. Not crazy about balacing beads either, they remind me of the neothane tires that would flatten till you warmed them up. Hopped around like a bunny for a few blocks but you could get your tires in any color and translucent...and lighted.. this was the 60's no LED's never made it to market..no good when wet, no good over 65 mph and melted under heavy braking...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black