Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Search for a specific Spyder

Does anyone know of a way to search a national database for a specific new Spyder model? I'm looking for a very specific model and short of calling every dealer across the country to try and find it I don't know how to locate it.

I know I can use Cycletrader and e-bay but they are only as accurate as what people have posted and updated. I've found 3 bikes on Cycletrader that aren't really available for sale when you contact the dealer. They were sold months ago.

For automobiles you can use carguru which shows every new vehicles location, price and options. It's an excellent way to search dealerships for a specific vehicle nationwide you may want to purchase.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking

have you gone to a dealer and have them check..?? they do have better access to whats out there and where. many dealers come here and pitt bull and I motosports are very active...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The dealer data base may be an answer--IF--the dealer wants to be helpful and make a smaller profit by becoming a "middleman."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Google it. It takes some refining of the search terms and results, but that will give you the most comprehensive look at what is out there.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What is it that you're looking for?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

What are you looking for???

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The dealer data base may be an answer--IF--the dealer wants to be helpful and make a smaller profit by becoming a "middleman."
    This is probably your best solution. I know 4 years ago when I was looking to buy my first Spyder the local dealer located several in the crate at various NW dealers.

You can also go on individual dealer websites and search their current inventory. Many, if not most, or maybe even all, dealers list their inventory online. But that would be a slow process, yes.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 10-17-2017 at 02:44 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    This is probably your best solution. I know 4 years ago when I was looking to buy my first Spyder the local dealer located several in the crate at various NW dealers.

You can also go on individual dealer websites and search their current inventory. Many, if not most, or maybe even all, dealers list their inventory online. But that would be a slow process, yes.
    RE: Online dealer inventory. Most dealers post the "generic--everything in the line up" stuff. It appears that every dealer carries everything. That is usually not the situation. A call to the dealer about Spyder X is in order if you are going to make a special trip. My dealer shows the whole line up and they have about two total.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks people.

I talked to a couple local dealers but they don't show any interest in dealer trading (or searching) for a holdover model.

I have been going to each dealers website in each state looking at their inventory. Some sites are great and others are not so great. They say they have the inventory but in reality they don't. I find the dealers that rely on the standard BRP web inventory page are the ones that don't have the inventory they say they do.

Google wasn't much help either.

I have found 2 confirmed bikes. I just don't really want to travel 1000 miles (one way) minimum to get them.

I'm looking for a 2016 RSS SE5 in red/black, new holdover.

May have to wait a few years until BRP drops a new sport seating position bike?

Spyder Garage

Well, you could always try asking the source. BRP sales division is the one place that knows where all of its models get shipped, and whether or not the dealer has sold or may still be holding (barring a swap with another shop). You could try asking nicely, telling them exactly what you're looking for and where you are located. It's in their interest to sell (and help their dealers sell) unsold product, so just possibly someone might help steer you to a find. Aside from that, travelling 1000 miles to get the ryde of your dreams is a small price to pay if you have found the exact Spyder you want, and the price is agreeable. Or, maybe you could get real lucky and have them deliver.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Or.....🤔

find an all black or all red and paint the parts you want the other color.... your wait will be a long one and a lot of lost ryding time....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I have found 2 confirmed bikes. I just don't really want to travel 1000 miles (one way) minimum to get them.

I'm looking for a 2016 RSS SE5 in red/black, new holdover.

May have to wait a few years until BRP drops a new sport seating position bike?
    If you can get a good deal pricewise have it shipped. Should be able to do that for between $500 and $1000.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't call it my dream spyder. I have a 2012 RS now so I'm riding. I was just trying to find a way to have a "new" Spyder with a 5 yr warranty......hoping the 5 years would be enough time for BRP to release a new sport riding position model.

I can keep my 2012 and ride it (goes great) but the warranty expires soon and who knows what could happen to it in the future. I guess I'll just keep riding the 2012 cross my fingers it requires no major repairs in the future and wait for BRP to release a new sport seating position model (if that ever happens).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    What are you looking for???

Cruzr Joe
    He's looking for a crazy retired cop that keeps buying new Spyders every year!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    He's looking for a crazy retired Fireman that keeps buying new Spyders every year!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
    BIG F

Fixed
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6