Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default LaMonster Air Pump Question

I have the LaMonster Air Pump, which came with a 12V cigarette lighter style charger and a wall charger. My Spyder has USB ports but no 12 V port. Can I get a USB cable somewhere that can be used to charge or power the air pump in case of emergency (ie - if the pump hasn't been re-charged in awhile)?

If so, could you please provide a link?

Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since my old Spyder didn't have a USB port: I just took the pump and it's charger up into my office, and plugged it in there.
    You can pump up a whole bunch of stuff on just one charge!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Can you? No.

USB power is only 5 volts. You need 12 volts to charge the pump battery. So, just use the wall charger to keep it charged up or install a 12v port yourself, someplace, fused off the battery. Good winter project.

There's no 12 volt power port on an F3? Weird.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 10-16-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Charge Lasts

Just checked all 6 tires and added air as needed yesterday, an a two week old charge. The charge you put on it from a hotel room is going to be sufficient to last you a while!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I have found the following product to be incredibly useful, including plugging in an air pump that draws more than 2 A. I just connect it to the SAE plug under my seat used for attaching a battery tender.
    SAE 18" Connector Adapter Converter to 12V Cigarette Socket
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by RiverCity45; 10-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity45 View Post
    I have found the following product to be incredibly useful, including plugging in an air pump that draws more than 2 A. I just connect it to the SAE plug under my seat used for attaching a battery tender.
    SAE 18" Connector Adapter Converter to 12V Cigarette Socket
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Now, that looks like it could be pretty darn useful. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

The lithium ion battery in the pump can hold a useful charge for a long time... So you shouldn't be too worried about it if you topped the charge off a month ago. Just top it off every couple of months and no worries for two to three years when the battery will likely not perform as well. It is what I do and no issues.

Generally my experience with tire pressures has been that I check before I leave the house and I rarely have to add air even on a two week trip. Over that period I might lose a pound at best per tire and that is nothing that warrants pumping them back up. I've taken dozens of week long or 2-3 week long trips with the same results. I keep the pump with me as an emergency item in case I have to plug a tire that was losing air and need to get some pressure into it.

However, that 12volt SAE to Cig outlet that was linked on amazon will work just fine to top it off on the road. I installed a 12volt outlet in my frunk in case I ever need to charge it or the jump start battery pack I carry while riding.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER