Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tombstone AZ Ryde-In scheduled for Jan 12-14, 2018

This is the same one originally planned for Dec 8,9,10 but the venue was booked solid through the month of December. So, January it is. More details of the ryde event will be forthcoming but for now, take a look at Tombstone's website for info on RV parking, hotel / motels, restaurants and night life. Tombstone is a funky little town that is very walkable, so wherever you stay in town you won't be far from the venue (American Legion Hall).

Although this is an event focused on rydes and opportunities to socialize with other Spyder Ryders from all over the US and Canada (there are a lot of snowbirds in Arizona, plus it's accessible from California and the gulf states regardless of the winter weather up north). No pre-registration or fees required.

So, put it on your calendars as a must-do mid-winter event and hope to see you there. The primary source of information will be the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1369778466453469/

Tombstone's website; tombstonechamber.com

Those without a FB account can watch this thread or PM me for more info once it's available.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 10-24-2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Delete reference to Squared Away
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure what the itinerary is but you might want to include a day trip from Tombstone to Bisbee and back. Interesting little town with a big open pit copper mine in the middle.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know...

Gonna check the dates and site....put in a join request but its my wifes Facebook...
    Last edited by Chupaca; 10-16-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Smile Tombstone Smiles Ride

Will be watching for more info, sounds like a great midwinter gathering. We will plan to be there. Great country-side for exploring and rides.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Speaking of mid-winter. Although this ride is in sunny and warm Arizona it is at altitude and cold weather is possible - even snow! If you want to make this ride be sure to pack cold weather gear.

Spyder Garage

Bummer, we'll have to miss that date, we're shooting a match in Yuma that weekend.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

That sounds like a nice trip.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Not sure what the itinerary is but you might want to include a day trip from Tombstone to Bisbee and back. Interesting little town with a big open pit copper mine in the middle.
    That one is on our radar for sure. If you think of any others, let us know.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Bisbee!

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    This sounds like a fun event, but unfortunately we'll be up North in the middle of winter. Enjoy!
    And, definately try to get to Bisbee, AZ if you can. We've been several times, funkiest little hippy town ( in a totally good way) and it's our favorite place ever!!! Next time we go, we'll definately enjoy it on the Spyder!!
    Nate and Lori

2021 Spyder RT Limited--Deep Marsala Red--Chrome Edition

[/B]​Nelson-Rigg half cover, Hopnel side bags and trunk liner bags, , Driver's Backrest, BRP Trailer hitch and control module, 131 DB horn from TricLED, "Shadow" trailer from Mini Trailer USA,

Spyder Garage

Living in the area I will also highly recommend a visit to Bisbee. While there be sure to have breakfast at the Breakfast Club in Lowell which is just east of old Bisbee and the Lavender pit. Lowell will take you back to the 50s. It is a must see!!! There is also a great RV park in Bisbee right next to the Lavender pit. As mentioned it will be cool and could snow in Bisbee..

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I already got a room at the Sagebrush Inn.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I already got a room at the Sagebrush Inn.
    Cool. That's commitment!

They take pets; that's good. http://sagebrush-inn-tombstone-us.bo.../amenities.htm
    Last edited by UtahPete; 10-17-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At this point, we have two 100+ mile rydes planned. One includes Bisbee; the other is through Arizona's wine country. The rydes will be on the Saturday and Sunday. The hall will be set up Friday, with vendors available and tables for anyone who wants to participate in a gear swap. This will be a good time to get settled into lodging, explore the town, come down to the hall and mingle with other ryders from all over. The local ryding club is enthusiastically preparing for this event; it will be a great time!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Latest info on the Tombstone Ryde-In Jan 12-14

2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

It is shaping up nicely and should be a lot of fun. Not too much longer...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Getting closer!!

Just a few weeks away!! We are very excited- many friends, old and new, are going! Look forward to seeing everyone again! While we don’t plan on working, we are there to help people if needed. If you are New, come. Friendliest folks around. If you can’t stay the whole time, come. You will enjoy the time you get. If you are worried something might break, we can fix it. If you don’t know anyone, come find us; we know lots of people. We will introduce you!! Just come. We need a winter gathering, and this gets it done!! Come! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I am beside myself. Just can't make it. Have a week end job and can't leave the boss uncovered. Dang Nabbit. This is my last year of part time employment so will be watching for a like event next year. Looks like a tremendous ride. Have fun.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That sounds like a good time, but the Ryde from Ohio to Arizona in January would definitely be more of an experience than I care to make. Brrrrrr!

I do love AZ as I went to the U of A in Tucson, it was awesome, did not wear shoes for 8 months, oh yeah, did not get a hair cut either, Dad was not happy about that one!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer!

Joe,
    load up, and go! Breaks up the winter!! Or, due South, make a right, take 10 over!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Rumor has it there will be a gunfight on main street between some grumpy cowboys while we are there. Yump, happens almost daily there. You don't want to miss it.

Getting Spyder and RV ready starting tomorrow.

Just a reminder, bring warm clothes for evening and early morning riding. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I am beside myself. Just can't make it. Have a week end job and can't leave the boss uncovered. Dang Nabbit. This is my last year of part time employment so will be watching for a like event next year. Looks like a tremendous ride. Have fun.
    Sorry to hear that. Can you get away for one day at least? Some others from the greater Phx area are doing that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Just a few weeks away!! We are very excited- many friends, old and new, are going! Look forward to seeing everyone again! While we don’t plan on working, we are there to help people if needed. If you are New, come. Friendliest folks around. If you can’t stay the whole time, come. You will enjoy the time you get. If you are worried something might break, we can fix it. If you don’t know anyone, come find us; we know lots of people. We will introduce you!! Just come. We need a winter gathering, and this gets it done!! Come! Joe
    Well said, Joe. Looking forward to ryding with you and Ann this time around.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I'm thinking that Tombstone in January and Wickenburg or Prescott in March will be annual events to plan on.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Bisbee on Saturday and Sunday

I'll be leading a ride from Tombstone to Bisbee on both Saturday and Sunday. This ride will provide you a bit of a historical perspective on Bisbee as well as give you two hours to do-as-you-please in the town. It's a great place for food, walking, people watching, shopping, and touring. Please look at the Bisbee website to get a feel for this unique town: http://www.discoverbisbee.com/ I've also attached a map showing where we will park. This should give you great access to about anything you wish to do.

I look forward to your joining our ride.

Regards,
    Rob Owen

Bisbee Map.jpg
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.