Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    I was on Cheap Cycle Parts and was front checking sprockets and found that they did supersede the number on the '14 RTS. The old part number was 7055011986. The new part number 705502134, which is the same number for the '17's. The bolt numbers are different though, so I figure to get one for the F3.
    Did you find the bolt number for the 2015/17 F3S?
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Sprocket

Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
    It was not me that started the comments and no one asked for your opinion fat man! Learn how to spell and the proper use of there and they're.
    Road Kill and I settled our difference of opinion and we can settle ours!
    There is no need for you to be such a smart mouth troublemaker - or being so ignorant.
    Have a nice day Buttercuppy!!
    There you go again, now you’re down to name calling, you jumped in on a thread that we had going concerning failed sprockets I’m trying to gather data to send to BRP to address an issue that affects all F3 owners, you included and you’ve had nothing to contribute other than negative comments. So let it go, sit back and hope the info I’m gathering will help you and others!

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Side Comments

Guys, if we bicker enough in this thread it will get pulled, we will be doing a disservice to any fellow ryders that come in after this. Please don't offend someone and if you get offended by someone, don't let them bait you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Did you find the bolt number for the 2015/17 F3S?
    thanks
    https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/cam/57d2c01487a8660e6845ba4a/drive-system-rear-all-models

Item # 40.

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...ve-system-rear
    #4 and #9

I didn't look up the 2016, but it looks like the only difference is flange bolt vs. bolt and washer.
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 11-01-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

cmarsala - please see post #134 and advise. (hint:ignore the fools - don't dignify their posts with acknowledgement as it only serves to encourage them.)
    Last edited by Freddy; 11-02-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Default Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    cmarsala - please see post #134 and advise. (hint:ignore the fools - don't dignify their posts with acknowledgement as it only serves to encourage them.)
    Freddy, Sorry I missed your question, but the bolt turned about an 1/8 of an inch, I cleaned off the mark I had and put a new one on. I’ll keep a close eye on it, but I’m still installing a new bolt with safety wire.

Spyder Garage

Default WIRE WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    Freddy, Sorry I missed your question, but the bolt turned about an 1/8 of an inch, I cleaned off the mark I had and put a new one on. I’ll keep a close eye on it, but I’m still installing a new bolt with safety wire.
    CMARSALA;
    if you install a 'tie wire', obviously you'll need to drill a hole in the bolt head and the sprocket... if yours fails (i hope it doesn't), and your dealer sees the 'wire', i'm willing to bet your warantee is cancelled on the spot.... also, the bolt does nothing other than stop the sprocket from migrating off the shaft... it has nothing to do with the sprocket failing..... jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    CMARSALA;
    if you install a 'tie wire', obviously you'll need to drill a hole in the bolt head and the sprocket... if yours fails (i hope it doesn't), and your dealer sees the 'wire', i'm willing to bet your warantee is cancelled on the spot.... also, the bolt does nothing other than stop the sprocket from migrating off the shaft... it has nothing to do with the sprocket failing..... jmho
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Spyd3r, you’re correct about the warranty cancellation IF the drilled bolt is there when and if it goes in the OEM bolt will be in place, sprocket doesn’t require drilling because of its design.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I just received a call from my dealer and my Spyder is ready to be picked up. It was in for the dreaded sprocket replacement. The svs mgr gave me the old and new sprocket numbers. The old #: 7055502131. The new: 705502134

What is interesting is that a friend of mine had the same problem but a different dealer. She just got hers back today and her part # on the new sprocket is 705502131. So I really don't know if part numbers mean anything. My dealer told me that a different part # usually means a different supplier.
    If you order part number 2134 from BRP parts, the actual sprocket in the box is stamped 2131. 2134 is the part number for the retail boxed item as a replacement part, its the same sprocket.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/cam/57d2c01487a8660e6845ba4a/drive-system-rear-all-models

Item # 40.

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...ve-system-rear
    #4 and #9

I didn't look up the 2016, but it looks like the only difference is flange bolt vs. bolt and washer.
    Part number 705502292 with the wide flange has replaced the separate bolt and washer used on early 2015s. If you order the older bolt, you will get the newer one. The washer still shows as available but useless with the new bolt.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Front sproket

Just checked both of our 2015 F3SE’s from sprocket with approximately 12,000 miles AND my wife’s bike has the dreaded rust. My bike, however, is clean. We use our spiders mostly for touring and my wife is a moderate rider. We do not pull a trailer and we do not ride two up. I am more aggressive. Not crazy, but definitely like to “burn fuel” once in a while. Yet my bike has no rust.
    Will need to fix my wife’s bike, but do I replace mine even if there is not rust?
    Did BRP address this issue with improved parts?
    Really appreciate this forum and in particular this thread.
    Any advice?

Spyder Garage

I'm curious on your two 2015 F3SE's if they both have the same part number on the sprocket? Also when they were build at the factory. Could it be that there is a range of Spyders that where made with a different manufactures part? Also check your S/N to see if they are close to the same.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3-s View Post
    I'm curious on your two 2015 F3SE's if they both have the same part number on the sprocket? Also when they were build at the factory. Could it be that there is a range of Spyders that where made with a different manufactures part? Also check your S/N to see if they are close to the same.
    Went down the serial #, build train of thought after my first failure. Unfortunately the responses I received from people showed a wide range of serial numbers and model years. Mine is a early 2015 F3s SE6 (I think it was the first retail delivery in FL) but we are seeing the issue with 2016's and 2017's as well.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    Freddy, Sorry I missed your question, but the bolt turned about an 1/8 of an inch, I cleaned off the mark I had and put a new one on. < snip.
    Thanks cmarsala - that's 100% of rusty pulley bolts (2 out of 2 reported here ) that tightened when re-torqued. Same old cause with same old result - failure probably due to 'inadequate clamping force' at the factory and/or inappropriate materials.

BRP = - Spyders riders =
    Last edited by Freddy; 11-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Default Dust

Checked mine today and found gray dust on the pulley but it wasn't red.
    I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow and ask him if he has changed any yet or what his thoughts are.
    The last four digits on mine 2131 too
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    Checked mine today and found gray dust on the pulley but it wasn't red.
    I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow and ask him if he has changed any yet or what his thoughts are.
    The last four digits on mine 2131 too
    I'm thinking that if I wash off my red dust the problem will go away.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3-s View Post
    Sprocket # 2131
    not sure how to check the build date, but both bikes were bought by the same dealer that were in the dealer’s stock.

Spyder Garage

I was talking to a very knowledgeable retired machinist the other day and he expressed his surprise that the splines were not tapered. He said that in most of these type applications, they will taper the splines for a more secure fit.

Spyder Garage

Is it safe to re-torque (Turn the bolt an extra half inch or whatever IF Needed ) without actually Putting a New Bolt On?

My New Sprocket won't be here till Monday.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Is it safe to re-torque (Turn the bolt an extra half inch or whatever IF Needed ) without actually Putting a New Bolt On?

My New Sprocket won't be here till Monday.
    I don't think that is a TTY (torque to yield) bolt, so you should be OK for a few days. Might reapply loctite. If it was TTY bolt they actually stretch when put in the first time, become work hardened, and then hold an exact clamping force. The torque procedure is to torque them to a specific torque, then rotate the bolt a specific number of degrees. With this bolt just having a set torque with no additional rotation it is not a TTY bolt, so you should be good.

Spyder Garage

Default In shop for the second time for sprocket failure

The local shop checked the shaft and said that it was within specs. They will be installing a new sprocket ending in part number 2134. This is the second replacement sprocket. (Original failed - 28,000 miles, first replacement failed - 6000 miles later). I put on about 24,000 mile a year. I would hate to think that every 6000 miles I would have to replace the sprocket (each repair takes about 2-3 weeks)
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

Default 2 - 3

2 - 3 WEEKS....?????????
    mine was done in 4 days... took her in on a Tuesday, rode off on Friday....
    my dealer just ordered a bunch (3 or so) to have on hand... inform your dealer to do the same...
    best of luck, and hope this is the VERY LAST ONE you'll ever need to replace....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I don't think that is a TTY (torque to yield) bolt, so you should be OK for a few days. Might reapply loctite. If it was TTY bolt they actually stretch when put in the first time, become work hardened, and then hold an exact clamping force. The torque procedure is to torque them to a specific torque, then rotate the bolt a specific number of degrees. With this bolt just having a set torque with no additional rotation it is not a TTY bolt, so you should be good.
    I'm confused Now? (OLD) So if I put the torque wrench on it at 92 Foot Lbs. and it moves just a little its OK.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I'm confused Now? (OLD) So if I put the torque wrench on it at 92 Foot Lbs. and it moves just a little its OK.
    It should be fine to check it.

Spyder Garage

Default GOT MY SPYDER BACK

Got my Spyder back today after having the sprocket replaced. Old part # was 2131. New part # on work order is 2134. But when I pulled the cover to check there were no numbers on the sprocket. Just an X on the edge at 180 degrees and one at 360 degrees.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast