Spyder Garage

Default Bumperskid (Spyderpops) for F3T Limited

I just purchased my F3, and the need for a bumperskid has become very apparent. I have purchased a bumperskid from spyderpops; however, I feel that I need more instruction than the paperwork they offer. Has anyone installed a bumperskid on their F3?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GrayAuthor View Post
    I just purchased my F3, and the need for a bumperskid has become very apparent. I have purchased a bumperskid from spyderpops; however, I feel that I need more instruction than the paperwork they offer. Has anyone installed a bumperskid on their F3?
    I have a 2016 F3T, and it is pretty easy to install. The real secret is to get it as high as you can.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

put it up on jacks....remove the front plastic piece from the underside.....unneeded...also have to remove the two plastic pieces that fit right behind the larger front plastic piece. leave the plastic on the bumpskid until ready to intsall....the 2 40 mm bolts get put in the appropriate holes indicated on the instructions and tighten them up careful not to cross thread them. now with the bumpskid up tight, take your 1/4 inch drill bit and carefully drill the remaining holes using the bumpskid as a template plus the 2 through the metal frame in the back. then remove the bumpskid, put the nut backers or whatever they are called on...the 2 in the small plastic bag go on the metal frame in the back. all the bolts are the same except the 2 40mm ones which you know where they go. 2 of the others are marked differently on the bolt head....put those two into the metal frame holes. tighten all the bolts up carefully so not to cross thread the nut backers. then replace the 2 plastic pieces you removed initially.
    Now if permitted, it is time to admire your craftsmanship and have a cold one.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for your help!

Thank you both for your advice! I really like the look, I really need the protection.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

If you have any more questions you can always contact Spyderpops (Harvey) he will be more than happy to assist you.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer