Spyder Garage

Default Why can't BRP make Turn signal dash repeaters & switches that WORK!?

You’ve probably realized Can-Am turn signal indicators are mostly invisible during daylight hours. Apparently Can-Am couldn’t figure that out, or else they just didn’t give a damn. They couldn’t provide a turn switch with a positive, tactile “off,” either. I bought these LED lights at an automotive store and had them wired in. They use 3M tape that should stick well to the glass mirrors, and they are VERY noticeable in all light. Total cost for the lights and dealer installation was $105, money well spent because I can finally tell what my signals are doing.

I recently read about the new 1600 cc. BMW bagger. This top of the line motorcycle has all the bells and whistles including heated seats and nav...AND IT SELLS FOR $10,000 LESS than my new F-3 Limited. Think about this. 1. Top shelf Spyders F-3s lack amenities found on MOST high-end machines from other manufacturers. 2. The mirrors jiggle violently because of indifferent design. 3. The company advertises F-3s can be fitted for drivers of different statutes...but charges extra for the parts during dealer set-up on a new machine. 4. The drive belt vibrates at high speed like a sex toy and the factory part to fix it is an extra cost “optional” part plus labor. 5. And the company doesn’t reply to emails.

How are these guys still in business?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo Creek View Post
    I recently read about the new 1600 cc. BMW bagger. This top of the line motorcycle has all the bells and whistles including heated seats and nav...AND IT SELLS FOR $10,000 LESS than my new F-3 Limited. Think about this. 1. Top shelf Spyders F-3s lack amenities found on MOST high-end machines from other manufacturers. 2. The mirrors jiggle violently because of indifferent design. 3. The company advertises F-3s can be fitted for drivers of different statutes...but charges extra for the parts during dealer set-up on a new machine. 4. The drive belt vibrates at high speed like a sex toy and the factory part to fix it is an extra cost “optional” part plus labor. 5. And the company doesn’t reply to emails.
    You forgot #4: Sell the bike....
    Bill W

2019 F3 LTD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Apples and oranges. The K 1600 B is a two-wheeler (starting price, $23,545). The best comparison would probably be the HD Tri Glide which starts at $34,500, or their Freewheeler, which starts at $26,450. But both are delta configurations. Our tadpole configuration Spyders are far more stable.

I added these lights to my mirrors and love them. No glare in my eyes as they're out of sight. When in doubt, I just glance down to see them reflecting on the nearby body. $70 http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...ror-light-kit/

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Default Ahhh..!!

They stay in business because they are the only ones making these machines and they also make boats, planes, off road four wheelers etc. you may have missed that. I put up with the little things and this site will get you the fixes for most others. They do fix their mistake after Joe public gets their hands on them... but I have found no better ryde out there..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You’ve probably realized Can-Am turn signal indicators are mostly invisible during daylight hours. Apparently Can-Am couldn’t figure that out, or else they just didn’t give a damn. They couldn’t provide a turn switch with a positive, tactile “off,” either. I bought these LED lights at an automotive store and had them wired in. They use 3M tape that should stick well to the glass mirrors, and they are VERY noticeable in all light. Total cost for the lights and dealer installation was $105, money well spent because I can finally tell what my signals are doing.

How are these guys still in business?
    How long have BMW's been made? 94 years. The spyder has been around for 10 years and it has come a long way.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Item 1 - 4 are often discussed here and therefore old news. Did you research the Spyder before purchasing? Cut your losses with the Spyder and get whatever makes you happy.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Turn signal indicators invisible? I can see mine and since the turn signals on my F3 are self cancelling, it isn't a bother to me. Turn them off-just push the button in (like any other bike).
    A new K1600B starts at $19,995 and most will be in the 24000 range.
    My mirrors don't "jiggle" at all. Actually less vibration than almost any bike I've had.
    Driver fitment is an issue on many bikes. Not sure why the factory should make the bike to fit everyone. A lot (most?) of bikes have that issue for some riders. Changing seats is the most common cure but seats cost way more then the U-fit options from Can Am. And seats are not free from very many manufacturers.
    Belt vibration is an issue on many Spyders. It is what it is. You may not have done your homework before your purchase?
    I think you should dump your Spyder.
    Get what ever bike you think you'll be happy with and then start bitching about it after a couple hundred miles.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 40Xshooter View Post
    You forgot #4: Sell the bike....
    Or did you just post this thread in order to complain about something, that we've all known for years?
    Adding some extra LEDs is a nice way to personalize your bike...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default turn signals

I think somebody missed the point. My problem isn’t primarily with the bike. I LIKE the bike. What I find infuriating is the indifferent customer service from Can-Am, the casual dismissal of legitimate issues, and the inattention to detail on a very expensive machine. And by the way, the self canceling turn signals work fine...when you turn. When all you do is signal a lane change, they suck. And if the sun isn’t perfect, they ARE invisible.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once again: did you offer a solution? Or just post a complaint?
    We kind of prefer to see solutions...

Spyder Garage

I think somebody missed the point. My problem isn’t primarily with the bike. I LIKE the bike. What I find infuriating is the indifferent customer service from Can-Am, the casual dismissal of legitimate issues, and the inattention to detail on a very expensive machine. And by the way, the self canceling turn signals work fine...when you turn. When all you do is signal a lane change, they suck. And if the sun isn’t perfect, they ARE invisible.
    Im with you and if i wasnt disabled our F3 would be long gone. Unfortunately for me its either this or nothing for me. Solutions are not super easy. The ergos leave a ton to be desired for sure. The turn signal button itself is recessed further than on two wheeled bikes and its def not as inuitive as it could be without actually taking your eyes off the road. It is def not the same as on other machines. The actual function is ok for me though. BRP seems to want to be different and for the most part that works, but again the ergos is not an area to sacrifice function for trend. Frunk opening via a cable seems trendy but cmon, a simple latch like the side bags would be cheaper and actually more intuitive. Every time i use that i feel like im stretching the cable out more and more. The handlebar controls/buttons are another area of overly complicated design. Not something that comes natural to use without having to take your eyes off the road. Their short time in production is glaringly obvious so far.
    I like the bike but it feels like in trying to be so different they have actually missed the mark just a bit with rider interaction. Its not a crime to point it out and ive noticed people reacting to that in a surprisingly negative light. People seem to only want to read how great these machines are.
    And for all the comments that will surely ensue - "sell it" "find something else" "stop complaining" - this is a forum to enjoy fellow riders but also to express ourselves and hopefully find suggestions or even soutions to issues we have. Sometimes we want to just vent about things that probably cannot be changed, like me with how awkward and over complicated the rider interaction currently is. Solutions are great but not always possible. But i will still point out the downsides if i have concerns in the hopes of someone having a suggestion or god forbid, others having the same concerns and improvements being implemented on future designs. If people are shamed into not complaining then improvement will never happen.
    Now let the flaming begin.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: We kind of prefer to see solutions...

Who is this 'we' you speak of?

I think coming on here and complaining quite often results in answers that alleviate the complaint.

Is that not what forums are for?

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jerry,
    Would you rather hear someone complain; or someone tell us about a solution to a perceived problem?

Spyder Garage

Default Rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Jerry,
    Would you rather hear someone complain; or someone tell us about a solution to a perceived problem?

If if you look...

I posted a solution to the problem. There is a picture attached to the first post that shows LEDs wired onto the mirrors. That’s my fix. (And I’m still pissed.)

Spyder Garage

Default I installed these

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey