Spyder Garage

Default E- Brake Problem

On our trip down to Medina Tx. We all gassed up in Kerrville. Done, I pulled out
    to let the others to the pump. I stopped and set the E Brake and switched the
    the motor off. Ready to go, started up, no problem with exception that the bike
    was in low gear, the E brake would not release, orange indicator on dash flashing a
    motor emblem and the bike would not move. Then there was the beeping horn telling
    the world my E Brake was not set. Called my dealer and got good instructions to loosen
    the nuts that secures the E-brake cable to a pawl on disk brake and slip the cable
    off the pawl. This done, everything worked as it should. The exception was that I no
    longer had a E-brake and every time I parked the beeper told the world my E-brake
    was not set and I had to block the wheels. Further inspection revealed that the rear
    nut had backed off several turns and allowed some slop in the linkage and that may
    have caused an over center lock. I will play with it and chat with dealer some more.
    It is a warranty problem. My gas mileage had slowly gotten noticeably worse a few
    days before, so it's possible the E-brake was dragging some all along. The brake rotor
    is definitely polished. Time will tell.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default good find

good to notice the small things like the nut that had backed off , allowed the sensor not to pick up the brake , or the brake actuator not aligned correctly ! let us know what happens too the gas mileage drop ?

Spyder Garage

Slightly off topic, & it won't really help fix anything, but it might be a good habit to get into if you start thinking of it only as a Parking Brake - it won't work at anything over about 6 mph, so it's never going to be an Emergency Brake...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Dray, PM'd you.

Spyder Garage

Default E-Brake

Yep, should have said parking brake!! One thing for sure, you can not
    budge one when the park brake is jammed on.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default Mine too

Mine is in the shop now, did the same thing dealer has stated the switch is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    Yep, should have said parking brake!! One thing for sure, you can not
    budge one when the park brake is jammed on.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default E-Brake problem and fix

Got back off trip Saturday, Church and rest on Sunday. Monday, I read up on E-Brake,
    printed out the how to, followed instructions and fixed problem on 1st go round.
    I did remove the muffler and put a 4" x 6" block under rear tire for more room.
    Back to happy camper.

Dray