Thread: Road Trip

Spyder Garage

Default Road Trip

On this past Thursday morning 5 of us loaded up and departed Graham Tx for Medina
    Tx. Friday morn found us finishing breakfast and headed west. Twisted Sisters is a very
    scenic ride thru some beautiful country with absolutely outstanding rivers with clear, cold
    water over a mostly lime stone bed. I think this was my 6th trip over the past couple of years.
    If you have never made the trip, please be aware that it can be deadly. One of downhill runs
    has big sign at the start that states 13 people have died on that road. If memory serves it
    was 11 this past June. You will see a lot of bikes cruising easy and a lot of crotch rockets
    burning up the road in both directions. Just be aware. You can make the loop and wind up back in Medina or go the north route and go thru Hunt and Ingram back into Kerrville. This also has a nice river running along the roadway. There will be a lot of signs warning of possible high water on the
    road. Well worth the trip.

I believe the last fatality was a policeman trying to better his time from a previous run and he
    did not make it. His son was behind him and first on the scene.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Another good argument to ride your own ride, and stick within your abilities.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default What he said..

I find the fun roads are best traveled early...the crotch rocket types sleep in so you don't have to deal we them.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black