Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    hmmmmmmm. Maybe I can fit a centrestand to the F3-L, Ann......that’d work

Pete
    Pete,
    put the centerstand down before I looked. Right there! Too easy! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Try a product called Ride On, it's a tire sealant you put in before you go, self seals if you get a nail or other hazard.

Very Happy Rider

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Idaspud View Post
    Try a product called Ride On, it's a tire sealant you put in before you go, self seals if you get a nail or other hazard.
    Thanks Idaspud, but nooooooo. I have a great relationship with my tyre fitters that would disappear quickly once they had to work on rims full of Ride On ( as much as I’d like to have an “auto” plugger )....I’ll stick to my Lamonster Balancers and credit card (with a plug kit in the frunk just in case)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    I filled all three tires with the Ameriseal tire sealant that Lamonster sells, but also purchased his Air Pack, along with a kit mentioned above. Covered all my bases along with an AMA membership with towing plan.
    My prescription as well, said nstalled on the front, rear and 622 tires, plus the battery powered Compressor. If you are going to do all those tires you will need to purchase two bottles of Amerseal.

During the recent Maggie Valley rally, I used the pump to inflate the air bags on two bykes, they did not even know were there. That is a great tool, just charge it up once in a while.

Joe

Permit me to add a short note. I too also dispose tire sealants until Amerseal. Even my tire guys had no problem changing a tire with it in there, it is water soluble and really just wipes off.
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 10-16-2017 at 06:43 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Idaspud, but nooooooo. I have a great relationship with my tyre fitters that would disappear quickly once they had to work on rims full of Ride On ( as much as I’d like to have an “auto” plugger )....I’ll stick to my Lamonster Balancers and credit card (with a plug kit in the frunk just in case)

Pete
    Ride on is not like the fix a flat that tire changers hate. Ride on leaves a narrow band of sealant around the inside center of the tire, nothing is on the rim, no mess for the tire changers. Had several changes with ride on and have never had any complaints or extra charges.
    Used fix a flat once and the tire guy wanted to shoot me.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    As soon as Joe got off his bike the screw in the tire was quite obvious.

Either Joe is reading the directions (men don't read directions) or he is making a homeless/help poster from a piece of cardboard in the picture.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I would suggest that after plugging the flat the next stop be at a tire shop or dealer to have it fixed properly or replaced. Putting a patch on the inside of a

tubeless tire is recommended after you plug. This is a proper fix. Plugs do have a failure rate that I would not want to test.

Also if the nail/screw is within an inch/app. of the sidewall get the tire replaced. Tire shops will not fix a flat with this condition and recommend replacing

the tire. JFYI

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Fix a flat

We always carried a can of fix a flat atv riding. You can use it to air the tire, and a lot of times it would show you where the hole in your tire is. I can’t tell you how many tires I plugged for rookies out on the trail, sometimes miles from nowhere. We put 6 plugs in a friends tire, he rode the rest of the day with all 6 intact at the end of the day.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    ....down the road to Page Utah that night.
    Page is in AZ, not UT. It is just several miles south of the state line.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I usually carry a air pump, plug kit and a spray bottle full of soapy water. Done this for years thankfully only had to fix a flat one time on a ride. And another time the valve stem was loose. Just tightened it up added some air and off again. Also keep a stem tool in the tool bag just in case.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by regor View Post
    We always carried a can of fix a flat atv riding. You can use it to air the tire, and a lot of times it would show you where the hole in your tire is. I can’t tell you how many tires I plugged for rookies out on the trail, sometimes miles from nowhere. We put 6 plugs in a friends tire, he rode the rest of the day with all 6 intact at the end of the day.
    I've seen on other threads that knowledgeable people discourage use of fix a flat on high speed tires. I think it creates balance issues plus pretty much renders the tire useless for a permanent repair.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Never had to but I also have an RS... lots of viewing area. But I have found most times what made the hole is in the hole and fairly easy to spot. If it's raining you'll see bubbles... but to make life easier carry a scissor jack.
    Do you carry a scissor jack? I hadn't considered that, but not a bad idea. That, or one of those small floor jacks HF sells.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Check out youtube.......

There are approx. 6 thousand videos on this subject involving "fix-a-flat kits" and which is the best and how to use them. Check it out. As luck would have it I've only had one flat (that I remember) on a motorcycle tire and I was close enough to home to get it into the garage and fixed it by replacing the tire. About 10 years ago I was on my ATV trucking down a dirt road when I noticed this green stuff flying passed me through the air! It took me about fifty yards to figure out what was going on. This green stuff was green slime which I'd installed in all four tires. I'd gotten a nail in my rear tire and the slime was trying to plug the hole, but the nail on each turn of the tire would hit the ground and move and wouldn't allow the slime time enough to dry and plug the leak. I pulled the nail out and a few more bubbles of slime emerged and within about 30 seconds the leak was sealed. I've never repaired that puncture and it still holds air to this day. It's only about 5 psi. of course, but if it were on a higher pressured vehicle tire I'd replace the tire for a proper fix. Today I run with a green slime repair kit, including their mini compressor, along with the gummy strip(s) puncture repair kit all tucked away in my spyder. By the way, don't forget the rubber gloves and the plastic tarp and handy wipes.

Spyder Garage

I had a blowout going 80 mph on the fl tpk. It tracked straight, no problem.
    Only problem was the $500 tow bill.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default JACK

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Do you carry a scissor jack? I hadn't considered that, but not a bad idea. That, or one of those small floor jacks HF sells.
    .... I have one from a small car .... it's even Alumin , folds down to about 2 3/4 in. .... if you have a junk yard you can visit check them out .... you can probably get a dozen or so for cheap ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Jaybros.....I know and accept all that. I was just wondering if anyone had a good method of finding a leak. Looks like you don’t, eh

Pete

It's really difficult. Pull out the air compressor. Start airing up the tire and see where the air is coming out.

Spyder Garage

Watch out using the small portable 12 volt compressors with your Spyder as they can draw more current (amps) than the power outlet of the Spyder or the Battery Tender cord was made to carry.

According to the manual for a 2014 RT "The 12-volt power outlet is not designed to supply current of more than 3 amperes." It is protected by a 5 amp fuse.

The fuse that comes installed in the Battery Tender lead is a rather small value, 3 amps or so as I remember.

I use the Battery Tender lead for my portable air compressor but I put a larger amperage fuse in the fuse holder, a 10 amp I think.

No fun to be out somewhere and need the air and it only runs a few seconds before the fuse blows!
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

I used run flat tire on the Wing .I have plugged (none run flat ) tires ,but when i get home i replace the plug with a plug patch .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Watch out using the small portable 12 volt compressors with your Spyder as they can draw more current (amps) than the power outlet of the Spyder or the Battery Tender cord was made to carry.

According to the manual for a 2014 RT "The 12-volt power outlet is not designed to supply current of more than 3 amperes." It is protected by a 5 amp fuse.

The fuse that comes installed in the Battery Tender lead is a rather small value, 3 amps or so as I remember.

I use the Battery Tender lead for my portable air compressor but I put a larger amperage fuse in the fuse holder, a 10 amp I think.

No fun to be out somewhere and need the air and it only runs a few seconds before the fuse blows!

You need to be very careful when replacing fuses of say, 3 amps, with a larger size, such as 10 amps! The fuse size is determined by the current carrying capacity of the components involved in the system.

If you replace a fuse with a larger one to allow using an air compressor on a circuit that it was not designed for, you run a high risk of overloading the wiring and melting the insulation on the wiring. That could lead to an expensive replacement of wiring harnesses, or even catching your Spyder on fire. The same rule applies to your car, truck or even your house.

To do this is quite literally playing with fire. Do you want to chance it? It would be best to install a dedicated wire for the compressor (or whatever) that is the correct size for the maximum amp draw rating required.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default If its a Big Leak - Just Listen or feel with your wrist being most sensitive to the

Area near where air is escaping. Listen to find the Leak. If there is a puddle nearby, and you are in a relatively flat area, release the parking brake and roll the bike slowly ahead by hand, while another watches the tire to spot the bubbles or likely offending nail or screw. We also had been hearing a "tic, tic, tic" as the tire rolled slowly through the gas station at the last stop....Look and Listen!
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Default Question asked & answered

Plug kit & mini compressor. I have used a liquid put into the air cavity of the tire only once. The liquid filled the hole, stopped the leak. But also screwed up the tire balance enough to cause a bad vibration. I’ve used sticky worm style plugs several times, with CO2 cartridges and compressor. The cartridges would fill narrow tires of yesteryear. Now, I use a mini compressor. Check the plug after 50/100 miles, any issue is apparent in short order.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    You need to be very careful when replacing fuses of say, 3 amps, with a larger size, such as 10 amps! The fuse size is determined by the current carrying capacity of the components involved in the system.

If you replace a fuse with a larger one to allow using an air compressor on a circuit that it was not designed for, you run a high risk of overloading the wiring and melting the insulation on the wiring.

From what I see in the wiring diagram for the 2014 RTS, and looking up capacities vs. wire size, you could safely use a 7.5 amp fuse in the F7 position (hot all the time). You could use a 10 amp fuse there also but that would be right up against the limits for the wire size and length. Wire gauge for the F7 position is 14 coming in and 18 going to the power outlet. For the F6 position it's 18 gauge both in and out so you definitely would not want to use a 10 amp fuse there. 7.5 would be OK.

Current capacity charts on the web vary. Some are not as restrictive as the above numbers.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Your information is correct and your point is well taken, but apparently not that easy to comply with. Can someone recommend a good portable 12V compressor that runs on 3 amps? I've looked at a bunch on Amazon and most are 10A and a couple are 5A ... I couldn't find any that are 3A or less.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

My stop and go arrived today but now you’ve given me something to think about.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    I filled all three tires with the Ameriseal tire sealant that Lamonster sells, but also purchased his Air Pack, along with a kit mentioned above. Covered all my bases along with an AMA membership with towing plan.
    Also have the air pack & AMA specifically for the roadside that includes towing the trailer too. Thankfully have not had to test it.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights