Spyder Garage

Default Lost more tupperware.

Speaker grill and fairing on my F3T top box went flying yesterday somewhere along my breakfast ride. No flipping clue how it popped off or where. Never had any reason to pull the cover off so it's never been removed by me. I was the last guy in the group so no one saw it come off. I had two panels come off my RTL in 35k miles and now this with 9500 miles on the F3. I love the bike but this speaks to PP design and engineering on BRP's part when it comes to all the tupperware. Dealer started paper work and ordered parts yesterday. Not something I'd think to check on a pre-trip but maybe now.....
    Pat
    top box speaker cover missing.jpg
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Default Not common.....

Could a passenger or photo oportunist have bump/hit it and knocked it loose...?? could it have been actually stolen...?? were all the gromets still there in place..?? just some questions I would ask myself....bummer but if brp doesn"t have them try cheapcycleparts.com, they are cheaper and have better oem stock....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If your dealer added the top box I’d say they are likely to blame. If panels are properly positioned they don’t just fall off. I’m guessing your dealer agrees since they “started paperwork”.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default BRP is paying for the parts.

Well the panel was on when we left from the diner. I've looked and looked and can't see how it could have come off. Dealer called me today and since I was in the area I stopped by. Beats them and everyone that looked at it. BRP said order the parts and they would pay for them. That's the Great news. I guess that will start to be on my pre-ride check list from now on but...
    Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.