Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone tried using the Kuryakyn XKursion 5.0 Roller Bag

Has anyone tried using the Kuryakyn XKursion 5.0 Roller Bag in the passenger seat area of the RT? Does the bag fit in the passenger area of the stock seat with a driver backrest installed or is the bag too wide? If you have used this bag, would you by chance have any pictures with it installed?

• Dims: 22" wide x 13" deep x 16" tall
    • Cubic Inches: 3,553
    • Liters: 58

I looked through the "Fitment Details" on the Kuryakyn website but the Can Am Spyder RT was not listed; the only touring bikes referenced were Harley-Davidson, Honda (GW), Indian, and Victory. Here is a pic of the bag mounted on a Goldwing...
    Kuryakyn XKursion 5.0 )pic 1).jpg Kuryakyn XKursion 5.0 (pic 2).jpg
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Rider; 10-25-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    Has anyone tried using the Kuryakyn XKursion 5.0 Roller Bag in the passenger seat area of the RT? Does the bag fit in the passenger area of the stock seat with a driver backrest installed or is the bag too wide? If you have used this bag, would you by chance have any pictures with it installed?
    Compare it to this one: https://www.saddlemen.com/br4100-bac...-bag-universal. This is the one I use and it fits perfectly on the passenger seat. I have the Comfort seat and the bag works good for a backrest. I have mine strapped to the seat and the Rivco luggage rack, and with a tougher gas strut on the seat I have no problem lifting the seat to gas up without having to take the bag off.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Unless I compared the numbers incorrectly, the Roller Bag is smaller in each dimension than the Saddlemen bag so it should be no problem to fit it onto the passenger portion of the saddle. Looks good too, and Kuryakyn products are first class in my opinion. Go for it!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Passenger bag

The only problem is when you have to get gas, you will have to remove the bag.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davehirst View Post
    The only problem is when you have to get gas, you will have to remove the bag.
    I don't. The stronger gas strut helps.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

SACHS SG359011 gas strut works great. Get it from Amazon or eBay.

2014 Copper RTS