Spyder Garage

Default RAM mount suggestions for a new F3-T owner

I want to try the RAM mounts cup holder and cell phone holders for my F3-T. However, I am curious what base mounts people have found to be the best. the base mounts that go on the handle bars will obviously work, but will the base clamp that uses one of the 4 screws that hold the handlebars on work?

what are peoples experience with the RAM Mount products on the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

I went with top caps from Lamont and put ram balls on them. Very clean looking. Phone and go pro mount like that and used the ram tough claw mount to mount the ram cup holder which holds a yeti to the rear passenger handle. works great.

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Spyder Garage

Default hi, i have a new f3t too, can you explain more..

what you did sounds good, but can you be a little more basic explaining it, and be able to do a picture or two? im still unclear on what the RAM really is

Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post
    I went with top caps from Lamont and put ram balls on them. Very clean looking. Phone and go pro mount like that and used the ram tough claw mount to mount the ram cup holder which holds a yeti to the rear passenger handle. works great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
    I want to try the RAM mounts cup holder and cell phone holders for my F3-T. However, I am curious what base mounts people have found to be the best. the base mounts that go on the handle bars will obviously work, but will the base clamp that uses one of the 4 screws that hold the handlebars on work?
    I bought the base clamp with the four screws and an X grip from www.lamonstergarage.com. I thought it was perfect due to the way I can place my cell phone so that it does not block anything visually. However he has since come out with a power plate which looks like a cleaner, but also more complicated installation. I have a power cable on my handlebar that I use on my cell phone using adapters and I think the power plate would look potentially better.

Spyder Garage

Default Hybrid approach

I went with Lamonster's smaller plate (the lower two bolts of the steering wheel) with the RAM ball in the middle, connecting it to the standard RAM collar/sleeve connected to an Arkon adapter (RAM ball on one end, 17mm ball on the other) connected to a Techmount TechGripper. I like the RAM standard, but the X-Grip had a lot of reviews indicating there was more rotational play in it than I would want, and it also looked like it would be a chore to place my phone correctly without one of the arms pressing either the volume or power button(s).

I've only had it for a month, but it's been rock solid.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I went with this one, mounts using one of the bolts in the handlebar clamp:

https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...MMountKit.aspx

Select 'F3' and then 'with 3" arm and standard x-Grip'

RAM is a modular mounting system all based around 1" balls on everything (mount to bike, holder for phone/cup/etc.) and then linking parts that clamp between the balls. Being a clamped ball they have infinite adjustment.

Very good quality gear.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Default thatnk you, explains alot--

now I get it
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I went with this one, mounts using one of the bolts in the handlebar clamp:

https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...MMountKit.aspx

Select 'F3' and then 'with 3" arm and standard x-Grip'

RAM is a modular mounting system all based around 1" balls on everything (mount to bike, holder for phone/cup/etc.) and then linking parts that clamp between the balls. Being a clamped ball they have infinite adjustment.

Very good quality gear.

Spyder Garage

Default Ram Mount

I used this on my RTS and my new RT but I think it will probably work on the F3

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works Great!
    ESCI LED Brake Light, Ram mounts including ATV mount, mug holder and phone/GPS holder. Lamonster's NBV highway brackets. My version of Running Boards, Skid Plate, Bajaron's anti-sway bar, Dual flag bracket and flags. Bad Boy air horn. BRP air deflectors, Non-BRP hitch and USA Minitrailer Nomad, SENA Bluetooth Dongle.

Spyder Garage

Default Ram Mount

Was going to post today expressing how well made Lamonster's aftermarket products are. At first i thought everything was a little pricey, but now that i have seen the quality, they are worth every penny. First I added the Lamonster F3 Powerplate but substituted to the waterproof USB plug, (as i have battery tender routed underneath) (see picture) Very easy install, very clean and out of the way. Today i received and installed the Lamonster F3 Spyder cuff with cup holder and added two ram balls to mount the X-Grip that i already had, left an open ball for something down the road, plus I hate looking at empty screw holes. If i can find a black plug to fill the unused holes i might take the extra ball off. I did move the cup holder lower down the cuff by drilling a hole midway on the backbone of the cup holder. To my eye the bottom hole made the holder sit high and the top hole created interference at full lock. In my opinion the set up looks great, is very clean and functional. It comfortably holds a Yeti 20oz cup and with a little effort will hold a 30oz. See pictures. I just need to get a 12" USB plug to connect phone.

Its the wife's 16 F3 T limited SE we picked up a couple weeks ago. Happy Wife Happy Life.

Ram Mount wih cup holder Front.jpgRam with 30oz .jpgRam Mount wih cup holder.jpg
    Last edited by Inflatableman; 06-27-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    2016 F3-TSE , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inflatableman View Post
    Was going to post today expressing how well made Lamonster's aftermarket products are. At first i thought everything was a little pricey, but now that i have seen the quality, they are worth every penny. First I added the Lamonster F3 Powerplate but substituted to the waterproof USB plug, (as i have battery tender routed underneath) (see picture) Very easy install, very clean and out of the way. Today i received and installed the Lamonster F3 Spyder cuff with cup holder and added two ram balls to mount the X-Grip that i already had, left an open ball for something down the road, plus I hate looking at empty screw holes. If i can find a black plug to fill the unused holes i might take the extra ball off. I did move the cup holder lower down the cuff by drilling a hole midway on the backbone of the cup holder. To my eye the bottom hole made the holder sit high and the top hole created interference at full lock. In my opinion the set up looks great, is very clean and functional. It comfortably holds a Yeti 20oz cup and with a little effort will hold a 30oz. See pictures. I just need to get a 12" USB plug to connect phone.

Its the wife's 16 F3 T limited SE we picked up a couple weeks ago. Happy Wife Happy Life.

Ram Mount wih cup holder Front.jpgRam with 30oz .jpgRam Mount wih cup holder.jpg
    compagny Québec spyderchrome.net
    Attached Images Attached Images