Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default full outside cover for an F3 with top case.

Will a full outside cover for the RT work just as well for an F3 with a top case ? does anyone know , or maybe where I can buy the full outside cover for the F3 /top case at a good price / THANKS IN ADVANCE

Spyder Garage

Default Nelson Rigg

Wife and I use Nelson Rigg “full cover for an RT”on our F3S’s and she has a top case on hers. It fits all the way around and goes to the ground almost. It is prolly 3 inches from touching the ground yet fully covers fenders, floor boards,rear tire and fender, AND even has a windshield pocket where the top of windshield is used as an extra kind of retaining hold. It actually fits nice and snug and has removable bungee cords on the sides if needed. There is a heat shield built into it where the muffler is and it has vents on the underside near where the handlebars are. Has 5 year warranty too.
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default nelson rigg

thanks looking into that one now .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.philgood View Post
    Will a full outside cover for the RT work just as well for an F3 with a top case ? does anyone know , or maybe where I can buy the full outside cover for the F3 /top case at a good price / THANKS IN ADVANCE
    I don't think it would work.
    I too recently purchased a new 2017 F3T-L, and had a cover left for my 2012 RTS, they are no way even close to the same size - didn't fit.
    2017's have the top case...

If you tow it though, there is an excellent cover that Can-Am sells (or eBay or Amazon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.philgood View Post
    Can't tell you about the RT covers; others have said they won't work.
    Can tell you about the 'trailering cover' for the F3L (T) with top case. This is a lined, heavy duty (somewhat bulky) cover with tie down straps meant for the extra strain involved in towing. Part # 219400768. It will generously cover your Spyder F3L, including top case, with hole for antenna. If you have added arm rests, there are zippered pockets which expand to fit over them. This cover easily fits over the short, stock OEM windshield, and also has another zippered expansion pocket to allow it to fit over the higher 'tall boy' shield. Probably would also fit over a Madstad shield with similar profile. However, if you have switched to anything wider, such as F4 or CalSci shield, the zippered pocket is unlikely to be big or wide enough to fit down properly over the front of your bike. At least, that was my experience. This is a bulky cover when folded; not really ideal for use as a light, overnight seat/bars/dash cover, unless you have lots of storage room to carry with you. Also runs about $250 so, if you want something lighter and cheaper for quick on/off temporary cover, maybe the Nelson-Rigg at 1/3 rd the price is the way to go.
    Last edited by bushrat; 12-21-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside