Spyder Garage

Default Tent site or RV site

Hello,

All the people that own a aspen or bunkhouse, i have a question for you. When you go camping with it, can you park it and use
    it on a tent site, since it is part tent. r does the campground want you to go on a RV site.

Thanks, Lois

Spyder Garage

I would think RV, because aren't they considered pop ups?

Spyder Garage

Default We always rent a tent site...

for our Bunkhouse. An RV site has potable water and sewer hookups... our Bunkhouse doesn't have those...
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

When I towed a camp trailer behind my motorcycle I always used a tent site. I was never asked if I wanted an RV site.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default rv or tent sites

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    for our Bunkhouse. An RV site has potable water and sewer hookups... our Bunkhouse doesn't have those...
    Jim
    I know now that the Bunkhouse doesn't have potable water and sewer hookups. Some motorcycle tent trailers have openings where an a/c can be mounted. But I'd be curious to know whether any motorcycle tent trailer has potable water, electrical, and sewer connections.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lois35 View Post
    Hello,

All the people that own a aspen or bunkhouse, i have a question for you. When you go camping with it, can you park it and use
    it on a tent site, since it is part tent. r does the campground want you to go on a RV site.

Thanks, Lois
    Depends on what's available and what you want/need. If a tent site is available near showers, and the campground manager is willing, and 110 volt power is available close by, that's what I'll use. If an RV site is the only spot available, then that's what I use. There is no hard and fast rule or practice. But generally speaking, a m/c pull behind tent trailer will be allowed on tent spots because of it's smaller size and lower weight.

I use a CPAP machine so if I'm going to be in one place for more than three days I like to connect to power. Up to three days I can get by with my deep cycle battery quite well.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

http://www.motocampers.com/ is a good resource for motorcycle trailers, including campers. Lots of good info over there.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The site that you use; depends upon the services that you need. If you needed:
    Water, Electric, Sewer hook-ups, or Cable T.V.: you'd ask for an RV site.
    Otherwise: it's a tent site that best suits your needs.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always asked for a tent site with electricity. Some places don't have electric at the tent sites, or not at all of them. I used a long outdoor-type extension cord so I could charge devices, etc. in the camper.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I have used both. On a RV site, the business usually lets a friend set up their tent or another tent trailer for free since two easily fit into a site. I like having water and elect to use a small heater if it gets cold
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have towed a trailer all over the USA and Canada and always used the tent site
    unless for some reason we wanted elect. then we use d the RV sites but in well
    over 100,000 miles hauling a trailer around I could count on one hand the times we used an RV site

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lois35 View Post
    Hello, All the people that own a aspen or bunkhouse, i have a question for you. When you go camping with it, can you park it and use
    it on a tent site, since it is part tent. r does the campground want you to go on a RV site. Thanks, Lois
    It all depends on the campground and what they consider a tent site. Some tent-only sites are set back from the road so you wouldn't be able to park the trailer at the site. Some tent-only sites have a 'platform' for the tent, which you're not going to be able to use with your rig, but typically the tent site parking is big enough to accommodate your small rig.

Some sites have full hookup and you would be wasting your money paying for services you're not using, but you're not required to use them unless you want to (or there's no other sites available).

Private campgrounds are usually geared for RV's, providing the space and utilities required by bigger rigs, but typically have smaller 'tent' sites available that would accommodate your small rig (they're in the business of renting out spaces; they don't really care what you have as long as it 'fits' in the designated space).
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It depends on the campground, I have had some let me setup in a RV site and charged me for a tent site and some charge me full price. We usually ask for a tent site with power and water . When we were at the Red Rock Rally last year we camped in a high-end RV Park and they charged us less than they did the big coaches. I like having the power and water handy as we also cook our breakfast and supper and eat out at lunch.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I always use campsites with water and electric since i had a a/c unit liked my water close to me had a porta potty in the trl bought at bass pro 3 leggs with bags and chems folds up,nice not to have to go out in the middle of the night tripping over rings of fire etc. Also had electric blanket with dual controls always stayed warm also plugged in a small heater, dragged the bunkhouse 50000 plus miles; Enjoy