Spyder Garage

Default Flat rate time for R&R of ACS and rear wheel on a 2014 RTL ?

Having my ACS compressor replaced under RPMOne "Diamond" warranty and the dealer says RPMOne told him they would only pay 1.5 hours labor total !!
    Anybody know what BRP says it should take to do this - considering that to do this the rear wheel needs to be removed, replaced, re-lined up, etc after the actual ACS compressor is replaced ??

Spyder Garage

Why don't you ask the dealer. They use book time, not actual time. It might take 2 hours but book could say 6. You get charged for 6.

I asked dealer about rear shock replacement. They saidb2 hours labor. It took me about an hour.

Spyder Garage

I asked dealer about R&R my front shocks. They quoted an hour per side. Said they have to drop the A arms to do the job. I said "no way". Mechanic said "then do it your self". I did. Moral is: do not believe what is quoted by a pimply faced "mechanic" about the actual time and procedure for doing any job..... A friend had his rear tire replace at the same dealership. Cost him $390.00 and HE supplied the tire! I had the same job done at another dealership (on the road in an emergency) for $213.00 INCLUDING the (crapola) Kumoh tire. Your dealer cost may vary.....
    Last edited by canamjhb; 10-11-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi