Thread: Custom Seats

Spyder Garage

Default Custom Seats

I was talking to some of my group I ride with on occasion and mentioned I wanted to get a custom built seat for my RT. One of them said I wouldn't have to go far; that there is a Custom Seat place right here in Washington, "Rich's Custom Seats" in Kingston, WA. He had his Harley done there and said it was custom fit to him and made a big difference in his riding comfort. I contacted Rich to see if they do Spyders too and he said yes, and there are pictures on their web page. All the reviews I've read have high praise for his seats. One neat thing my friend told me, and Rich mentioned it too,
    Is that they have a bedroom attached to their shop so you can ride over the day before your appointment and spend the night. It's a 4 hour ride for me so that will be nice. Has anyone on our Forum used his?
    Thanks,
    Ken
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like an interesting experience especially if he lets you peek in on the work being done to your seat! Now another route, I went with the Mustang seat on my RT. While not a true custom seat built for my rear, I do love it!

Pat

Spyder Garage

Rich builds a good seat but IMHO Russell is better. I've had 6 Russell seats and loved every one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    Sounds like an interesting experience especially if he lets you peek in on the work being done to your seat! Now another route, I went with the Mustang seat on my RT. While not a true custom seat built for my rear, I do love it!

Pat
    Had a Mustang on my Goldwing and it was very nice.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

On my GS I went with the Comfort seat. I tried the stock and the Cannonball seats on my F3. Ended up going to Russell Motorcycle Products, had pictures of my wife on the stock seat and they took pictures of me on the Spyder. My wife and I both are very pleased with the Russell Day Long. Best seat we have ever had. We ride 13 to 15 hours a day on long trips and never miss a beat. No pain in the inner thighs or the butt. As far as I am concerned, the Russell Day Long is the best seat in the business. Of course that is just my opinion, but try one, I’ll bet it becomes your opinion too.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    On my GS I went with the Comfort seat. I tried the stock and the Cannonball seats on my F3. Ended up going to Russell Motorcycle Products, had pictures of my wife on the stock seat and they took pictures of me on the Spyder. My wife and I both are very pleased with the Russell Day Long. Best seat we have ever had. We ride 13 to 15 hours a day on long trips and never miss a beat. No pain in the inner thighs or the butt. As far as I am concerned, the Russell Day Long is the best seat in the business. Of course that is just my opinion, but try one, I’ll bet it becomes your opinion too.
    13-15 hours a day on long trips, Hawkii? Day-Long should use you as their poster boy (and girl).....I am absolutely knackered after 7 or so hours.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I had a Russell seat on a two wheeler once, absolutely the most comfortable seat I ever owned!

Pat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    13-15 hours a day on long trips, Hawkii? Day-Long should use you as their poster boy (and girl).....I am absolutely knackered after 7 or so hours.

Pete
    I retired last year but the wife is still working so when we travel long distance on the Spyder we will put in a couple long days to reach our destination. When my wife retires we will start doing shorter days. We still love to do the tourist trap stops so sometimes we put the long days on ourselves by staying too long at an attraction. Love the Russell.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default Russell Day Long the best

IMHO. Absolutely luv my RDL...34k miles and still luving it. There is a nice Motel 6 only 4 miles from RDL location.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5