Spyder Garage

Default Brake light strobe?

Hi folks!
    Has anyone installed a brake light strobe box on their Spyders? My dealer advised me not to do it due to the Spyders advanced electronic system and installing something like a strobe controller might put the entire system out of whack. However, I wanted to hear your guys thoughts/experiences on them. If so, how did you install it?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Hi folks!
    Has anyone installed a brake light strobe box on their Spyders? My dealer advised me not to do it due to the Spyders advanced electronic system and installing something like a strobe controller might put the entire system out of whack. However, I wanted to hear your guys thoughts/experiences on them. If so, how did you install it?
    Thanks!
    I've got one that I purchased from Magic Man; he used to be a vendor here. I can set the timing, and I've never had a problem on my 2008 GS. As for installation, I can only say I followed the instructions. Magic Man had his own spyder that he tried his parts on before selling.

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has kits with LED lights and the strobe controller all with OEM quality plug in connections for several Spyder models. Great solution.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi folks!
    Thanks!
    The brake lights are the one part of the Spyder that is still old time electrical circuitry. A brake light modulator has no affect on the CANbus or the electronics. Different story for turn signals. No idea about 2018s. They may have transitioned to CANbus connected brake lights like BMW and others.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default I installed a brakes light modulator and no issues

I have installed a brake light modulator on every motorcycle I have owned over the past 10 years and one of the first things I did to my Spyder was install one. No issues at all. I’m a firm believer in these to help with visibility..!
    I say go for it ..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Default TRICLED's on my '13 RTL

I have TRICLED's on my '13 RTL.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 10-11-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I am about to install a pulsing, strobe-type additional brake light which is activated by the bike's deceleration without the need to touch the brake pedal. Doing this in the interest of extra visibility and because I like to downshift without always tapping the brakes first. This will hopefully provide additional warning to following vehicles. This equipment can also be hooked up to brake light and turn signals, but my first priority is to have the deceleration light feature. It is programmable by computer. I ordered some weeks ago, and have been putting off installation until first oil change/inspection, coming up in a few days.

see: https://www.admorelighting.com/produ...ration-safety/

I'll be happy to report results once installed. There is a similar product available from Ohmics, (http://www.ohmics.com/projects/) and still others from Gear Brake and Vololights, but I was advised by reps of the latter two companies that their products might not be suitable for all versions of Spyders. I went with the Admore product over the Ohmics, after being told that either would work. Have yet to find out.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderpops, TricLED and Custom Dynamics all sell various strobing brake lights I have had the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe on my 14 RT since it was new and I’ve never had any issues with it
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. The one I have I bought from Amazon. It's a small rectangle box with one black and one red wire on two ends. Simple install, connect the red to the brake light wire(s) and black to ground. Thing is, I cannot figure out what wire(s) is the brake light wires. I bought a tester, but I don't want to be poking into wires trying to figure out what one is the brake light one.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. The one I have I bought from Amazon. It's a small rectangle box with one black and one red wire on two ends. Simple install, connect the red to the brake light wire(s) and black to ground. Thing is, I cannot figure out what wire(s) is the brake light wires. I bought a tester, but I don't want to be poking into wires trying to figure out what one is the brake light one.

DO NOT cut the factory harness to install one of these generic strobe boxes. Do the job right with the right waterproof OEM grade connectors. I have had to repair FAR too many of these after a few years of corrosion.

And for what its worth, on the F3 and F3S the brakes and turn signals are the same lamp and the wiring is indeed connected to the cluster/ECM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame