Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Dying battery

Pretty sure it's not a dying battery , it's brand new . Maybe a loose terminal but haven't checked that yet but will tomorrow . Had to make an appt. for dealer and leave it but he will at least check using BUDS. Will do that after I check the battery. Dealer did say it's funny it's not showing any codes when it fails .

Spyder Garage

Faulty DPS doesn't generate a fault code I believe, just a dash warning on earlier trikes - if you are lucky.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Faulty DPS doesn't generate a fault code I believe, just a dash warning on earlier trikes - if you are lucky.
    It did on my 2013 RT. The failure also was intermittent. Took it to the dealer and the DPS was on the list of problem units. Replaced under warranty.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

That's good to know IMS - however I wouldn't put a 2013 in the 'earlier' class.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It did on my 2013 RT. The failure also was intermittent. Took it to the dealer and the DPS was on the list of problem units. Replaced under warranty.
    What did they replace??
    I have the same intermittent problem....brand new 2017 RT-S....I am taking it back to the dealer this weekend!
    Thanks

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cowwee View Post
    What did they replace??
    I have the same intermittent problem....brand new 2017 RT-S....I am taking it back to the dealer this weekend!
    Thanks
    The power steering unit, DPS.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    Pretty sure it's not a dying battery , it's brand new .
    That could mean that it wasn't properly charged before being put into service.
    And.....sometimes "brand new" things don't work right.

Edit: But I see that the problem has been located and fixed.

Spyder Garage

Default problem fixed

Took it out this afternoon and rode curves back and forth that I had the problem on while testing before checking the terminal and absolutely no problem. A loose terminal on the spyder is a big deal for causing goofy problems .There's a lot of threads relating to the loose terminal and should be the first thing checked ....but on the older spyders it's a PIA big time to do.