Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default wish me luch, hernia surgery

Well, tomorrow I am off to see the surgeon to go over the procedure for a hernia surgery. I guess there very common but after watching some video's it looks brutal, lol.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Good luck on your surgery.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!! Things will be fine. I had a double groin hernia taken care of in 2006. The biggest problem, deciding which leg to put under me after rolling off the couch to go to the bathroom. OUCH!!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default KNEE

BEST OF LUCK PAL.....
    i'm heading for knee surgery... fun fun fun...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Those surgery videos now leave nothing to the imagination. I watched plenty of hip surgery videos prior to my procedure. Glad that they used good drugs before, no worries going in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    Well, tomorrow I am off to see the surgeon to go over the procedure for a hernia surgery. I guess there very common but after watching some video's it looks brutal, lol.Jim
    It's not. VERY minor outpatient surgery.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Just had mine done.

Just finished my recovery from my surgery about 6 weeks ago. Not a big deal, frozen peas really worked well for icing things down. If you can, ask your surgeon about the “on q” pain ball. It’s a little softball sized ball full of the stuff they use to numb the pain and it stays on you for about a week with a little tube that goes right to the nerve area of the surgery I didn’t need any pain meds at all and at the end of a week, you just pull the tube out
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

with all above wishing you well... jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Oh man, just the thought of anyone doing something like that down there freeks me out. I'm a Paramedic and they talk about having us put in catheters and I cringe at the thought. That's too close to home. I'm always afraid of that when I have surgery I might get a catheter. I'm sure the ladies on here think I'm a sissy but-----.

I've had 4 knee surgeries (one acl), 2 shoulder surgeries (one was a reverse replacement) and I need another shoulder surgery and a knee replacement but so far no catheter. Good luck, keep us informed. Oh I forgot I also have a small inguenial (sp) hernia, but other that these things I'm fine.

Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Good Luck!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Just my .02 cents

I'm 52, in relativly good shape, and had robotic assisted laproscopic hernia repair in July. I have to say I feel great. Out patient, great doctor, great hospital staff. I was up and walking the following day and made sure I did exactly what the surgeon instructed me to do, and made sure NOT to do the things he said not to do. That in my opinion is key. Do not rush recovery.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Default Listen to the DR

All I can say is listen to the Doctor, I had left and right side Inguinal hernia repaired Doctor said be up walking around so it did not tighten up ( DO THAT DO NOT SIT AROUND) Doctor also said to take it easy here is where it went south, I was in very little pain the next morning once I got up and moving, being that I'm way smarter than the doctor I decided to take the Jetski out for a few hours, while it was a lot of fun while out there after I stopped it was horrible, I had nuts the size of grapefruit and pain like you would not believe and later a blood clot to deal with. So whatever the doctor says I would tend to think he/or she knows best. Other than that nothing to worry about good luck and wish you a speedy recovery.

Well, tomorrow I am off to see the surgeon to go over the procedure for a hernia surgery. I guess there very common but after watching some video's it looks brutal, lol.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Default You got it...

best of luck on your upcoming surgery...may it be a speedy painless recovery...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I had two separate inguinal surgeries in 2104, about six months apart. After the first one, I had a heck of a time getting out of bed for the first several days. The transition from horizontal to vertical is painful, even if your spouse is helping. So, for the second one, I slept in a reclining office chair with a stool under my feet.

Getting up out of a chair is pretty straightforward, as opposed to trying to roll out of bed and then sit up. Scootch to the edge of the chair, get your legs under you as best you can, then just push up with your arms (don't tense your abdomen!), and stand up. Easy peasy, as compared to the first time.

Thus, based on my experience, I strongly suggest you sleep in a reclining chair of some sort.

Spyder Garage

Jim
    The first thing my surgeon said to me after announcing that I needed hip replacement surgery was, "Don't go online to see how "DR. YOU TUBE" is going to perform your surgery!" I didn't BEFORE but of course curiosity got the better of me so I checked AFTER! Best of luck with the surgery and recovery. Just by reading through these forums, I'm convinced a lot of us are held together with Duct Tape and Super Glue!!!
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    I had two separate inguinal surgeries in 2104, about six months apart. After the first one, I had a heck of a time getting out of bed for the first several days. The transition from horizontal to vertical is painful, even if your spouse is helping. So, for the second one, I slept in a reclining office chair with a stool under my feet.

Getting up out of a chair is pretty straightforward, as opposed to trying to roll out of bed and then sit up. Scootch to the edge of the chair, get your legs under you as best you can, then just push up with your arms (don't tense your abdomen!), and stand up. Easy peasy, as compared to the first time.

Thus, based on my experience, I strongly suggest you sleep in a reclining chair of some sort.

EXCELLENT suggestion regarding sleeping in the recliner - - I LIVED IN MINE after a full hip replacement and it made things so much easier.

His and Her Spyders.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Jim
    Peace Brother !!!!

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    BEST OF LUCK PAL.....
    i'm heading for knee surgery... fun fun fun...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Best of luck with your surgery - - as I said in another post, I think a lot of us are held together with Duct Tape and Super Glue! Another poster also suggested using a recliner and I TOTALLY agree! I had total hip replacement and the recliner was a life saver. It made getting up soooo much easier. Maybe this will be helpful with your knee surgery. Again, good luck!

His and Her Spyders.

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

We'll be thinking of you. My wife had 3 repaired all at once, she was pretty uncomfortable for the first week, but it does get better. Good Luck!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Just had 4 done 4 months ago nothing to it they shave you from the belly down they gave me back my belly button which i didnt have for years 2 in the groin area left and right and on about 4 inches under the belly button. You won't feel a thing other than shorty will be swollen and your gonads will be slightly larger, don't scratch off the glue when they put you back together itches like hell but holds the incision together no lifting over 2 lbs. have fun

Spyder Garage

Jim

Make sure you Ice right away, helps allot. Ask the surgeon if he can do the repair the old way without the "mesh". I did not get the mesh for my Hernia Repair. There are some problems later on with the mesh not sitting well with your body. They did the repair for years with no problems before the mesh came along. "Just Saying "

Good Luck!

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was cut open from my lower chest to my belly button. And woke up to all kinds of tubes and a catheter too . I thought it was going to be hell taking that thing out but I got lucky and pulled right out no problems.

Take your time for the recovery and you will be fine..

Spyder Garage

yeah, i plan to take it easy. Here i sit, one eye on the clock one on the computer. The 1:00 deadline to when i have to be there looming.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The surgery is the easy part. They knock you out and you wake up .. That numbing ball thing was something new to me but worked well..

Spyder Garage

yeah, i plan to take it easy. Here i sit, one eye on the clock one on the computer. The 1:00 deadline to when i have to be there looming.

Jim
    Stop looking at the clock. Speedy recovery

My g.f. was surprised to see who the dr was that did my hernia surgery. The dr. came in to see me right after surgery. My g.f. had mistook her for a homeless person dressed raggedy, carrying a big bag with all her worldly possessions , and asking for money for coffee at the hospital cafeteria, before my surgery. I later checked, and found she was one of the best surgeons in the area, and had quit her job at her last hospital b/c she was not a political person, and said what was on her mind. I never judge a book by its cover any more.