Spyder Garage

Default Triaxis bars and GPS

Good afternoon. It's kinda chilly and rainy here in Chicagoland. Hope everyone else has better weather.

I plan on putting the Triaxis handlebars on soon. I know if you want to keep the oem GPS you need to buy the new mount which used to be $250 or so but the dealer just told me you can mow get it for 50 or 60, much better.

I have a Garmin 2595LMT that I can mount to my dash mount up be the windshield which I would think would be better to see than down by the bars. Any ideas or opinion about the stock oem GPS mounted by the bars or my 2595LMT mounted up by the windshield?

Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I went with the oem mount, I think I paid about $100 CAN for it.
    I like the fact that it's plugged in so no worries about low battery and all directions come clearly over Spyder speaker system.
    The bars are a great improvement...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I went with the oem mount, I think I paid about $100 CAN for it.
    I like the fact that it's plugged in so no worries about low battery and all directions come clearly over Spyder speaker system.
    The bars are a great improvement...
    Thanks, I agree that you wouldn't have to worry about power issues and you can use the speakers on the bike. I wish there was a way to use the oem wiring and mount it higher so it would be easier to see. The original price of $250 was just way too high and stupid. I hadn't thought about the speaker issue. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I can second everything the Purple Guy said. If you search for tri-axis posts here you'll come across my install photos and hints.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My GPS & wiring

I have and like my GPS up high inside the windshield on JT's mount...I have the power source tied into the wiring for the front trunk power socket so it works with the key...Taking your eyes off the road to look down at your GPS or anything else while riding in a BIG NO NO in my book...larryd

Spyder Garage

Default Either will work

Either solution will work. I have the TriAxis and GPS mount and I like it very much for the same reasons already stated. As you probably know, with the TriAxis mount you can adjust the GPS tilt at any time. This is handy depending upon the position of the sun. It's also easy to press the screen while riding. Personally I'm glad I went with the factory option.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I put a Triaxis on my '14 RT and had Shawn Smoke (ProCaliber) put my Garmin in the center of my handle bars. Works great and easy to glance at.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Anyone that had the dealer put their bars on, how much did they charge--parts and labor. Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO