Spyder Garage

Default Custer Park Ride

78 degrees in Rapid City yesterday so my wife and I went for a nice ride, we put about 200 miles on. We rode from Piedmont down through Keystone out 16A through the Pig Tail Bridges, Custer Park, The Wild Life Loop, out through Wind Cave Park and had a nice dinner in Hot Springs. The Iron Mtn Road is very tight and twisty.They had just herded up the Buffalo and had the ones they caught separated in the pens awaiting the auction to thin the herds. They don't go after the big bulls because they are too dangerous.We saw quite a number of them on or near the road, but since the Spyder provides little protection from a charge didn't stop to take pics. The Game Lodge in the park is pretty spectacular. It was a great day for a ride.

ride2.JPGride.JPGironmtn road.JPG
    Last edited by GOZFST; 10-08-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Bob, absolutely our favorite SD spot, love the pigtail bridge and tunnels route. Last time we were there, dined at the lodge and then headed out towards Hermosa after dark, got caught in a herd on 36 just east of the 16a "Y" took forever to move through that heard (we were in a F-150).
    I love the Wildlife loop early in the morning, we saw so many different animals, took many a shot standing in my open sunroof of my truck, really want to do that on the Spyder soon.
    Congrats on your CSP experience and thanks for sharing!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

My favorite place to ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice....

Great pictures sound like a great place for ryding...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black