Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    When we bought our first Spyder in 2012, it was assembled from the crate and with several thousand miles use, had a severe inside of the tire wear develope. We got the Spyder aligned by Lamonster garage in Springfield the next Spyderfest trip, and we did remount the tires on the wheels and got some more useful wear out of them although I did not record the mileage at the time. If your tires are otherwise rolling smooth with no vibrations or other wise uneven wear, Your Choice on how to proceed. Car tires will give you better wear and most likely better/smoother roll, as has been our experience with some Michelin defenders mounted on the 14 " wheels on the 11 RT model. The Michelins were still on the bike when we traded it with 76,000 miles on the odometer. The front tires you can usually count on getting about 20,000 miles if you watch them and at about $100 a tire depending on your choice, It's your call, and hope there are not any other frame or A-arm issues contributing to your wear. How many total miles on the bike?
    24,000 miles on the Spyder. It's thanksgiving here in Canada so the dealer is closed today but I'll take it in tomorrow and have them look at it.
    I'm one of the lucky ones. A good dealer 6 miles from home.
    Hopefully it's just an alignment issue. Certainly looks like it but we'll see.
    Last edited by Wrongway; 10-09-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: can't spell
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)