Thread: Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors

My wife and I just bought a rt limt. So far I love it. I have been a Harley Davidson rider for years but I am very happy with our new spider. The only thing is that we pull a bunk house with it and I can't see behind me. Is there anyone that could give me an idea on how I could put something on the spider so I can see cars behind me. I would be very thankful for the help.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Do a search for mirror extensions. I recall a discussion a while back.

Spyder Garage

Tricled sell some mirrors....also Saeng Quick Scans are cool!

Spyder Garage

Default What I've seen....

A rear view cam ... some with dedicated screen some to the smart phone. Depending on trailer height mounted on the trunk or trailer.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation TricLED wide Vu mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen View Post
    My wife and I just bought a rt limt. So far I love it. I have been a Harley Davidson rider for years but I am very happy with our new spider. The only thing is that we pull a bunk house with it and I can't see behind me. Is there anyone that could give me an idea on how I could put something on the spider so I can see cars behind me. I would be very thankful for the help.

Hi Bigen, we sell Wide Vu mirror for RT, this is a stick on convex mirror, just right on top of your OEM mirrors.
    the mirror will eliminate blind spots, wider angle by 30%. I'm including images below (2) to show comparison of angle view between OEM and Wide Vu.
    A link to product in our website also included.
    Let me know if you have any questions

https://www.tricledusa.com/_p/prd1/4...clusive-mirror

RT Wide vu1.jpgRT Wide vu2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default I bought these on Amazon...

... and screwed them on the ends of the handlebar grips because I pull a bunkhouse as well...
    mirrors.jpg... and I added the TricLED Wide-vue mirrors on the standard mirrors...

Now I am thinking about the rear-view cam... I really want to see the cages that are around me...

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Thank all of for the help. I will be getting the one the go on the grips and the other ones also thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would recommend the wide-vu from tricled. I bought a pair and installed them on my '16 RT-S and really like them. Great product from a great site sponsor. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default Here is the type of mirrors I bought on Amazon...

Thank all of for the help. I will be getting the one the go on the grips and the other ones also thanks.
    Black Motorcycle 7/8 Handle Bar End Rearview Mirrors for Ducati Monster Sport Bikes (Black & Chrome)

and they work just fine for the Spyder grips...
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

I think the TricLED mirrors are in my future.
    Great idea.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is that because the Bunkhouse is too wide or too high. In either case I'm not sure the Wide-Vu mirrors will help. When I pull my tent-on-a-trailer it's high enough that my view directly behind is pretty much totally blocked. I've tried a couple of different mirror setups without much luck. One problem is vibration. Any mirror on the end of a stem wants to vibrate a lot, so much so the image is not clear at all. I've concluded the best solution to see directly behind if the stock mirror sight line is blocked would be a rear view camera. If I take another long trip with my tent trailer I plan to seriously look at doing that.

The windshield is a good place to mount a mirror, but it vibrates a lot. I had mine fastened to the dash, but at the end of a 6" stem it vibrated a lot. On the end of the handlebars might work, but if your trailer is wide you still won't be able to see directly behind. But put them on the end of a 6" or 8" long stem they'll vibrate.

I would seriously explore the rear view camera approach.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)