Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    Wow, you really are sensitive. I would have just given the "biker wave" and had a good day. Way to impress people seeing you do that. We all represent the Spyder Community when we ride.

Chris (Long time Forum member, usually short on words)

I have already said that, yes, my reaction was uncalled for.
    However, if you are THAT worried that you had to reply after it was already , about how a ONE TIME incident to ONE person is going to represent ALL Spyders, then perhaps you are the one who needs to reevaluate his sensitivities.

Spyder Garage

I read this whole thing and I am still not sure why. I meet many people who give me a hard time about the spyder and the funny thing is, most of them don't ride or even know how to ride. I just laugh it off and say to each their own. That is the good thing about living where we do, we have options and what is not good for one is good for another. My own son rides a crotch rocket and he calls the spyder a convertible, go figure, lol. The point of this story is don't let someone else ruin you day and have fun riding regardless.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post

I have already said that, yes, my reaction was uncalled for.
    However, if you are THAT worried that you had to reply after it was already , about how a ONE TIME incident to ONE person is going to represent ALL Spyders, then perhaps you are the one who needs to reevaluate his sensitivities.

Huh, what I say?? Not "worried" you started the thread. I just said that we all "represent" when we ride. I replied when I First saw the post. Excuse Me! I did not know that you where the Moderator for this Forum.

Thanks for letting me know that my opinion does not count when YOU think that the discussion is closed.

I am on my second Spyder. The first was the Premier Edition 2008 GS No. 2817. (50K plus miles) I know a good thing when I see it. I am on my Second Spyder 2016 F3-T (10K miles)

And yes, the old saying still applies "One bad apple will spoil the rest" We ALL represent ALL the time. This horse still has some life in it.

Chris
    Last edited by No 2817; 10-12-2017 at 04:51 AM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default His time will come......

You know here is the way it goes....
    You are born, then a short time later after you learn to eat and walk you get a
    good ole plastic Big wheel WOW, then in time you get a Tricycle, about 10 or so
    you get a 2 wheeled bike !!!!!!! WOW I bet you thought you died and went to heaven,
    moving on in time you get a learners permit to drive so you can now get a SCOOTER
    mine was a Cushman... WOW SPEED FUN, then a MOTORCYCLE, oh man what fun
    I can do a wheelie but shouldn't....then about 50 years go by and DAMN now you are
    back riding a Tricycle.... BUT this one has a motor on it.
    That seems to be the progression of life on wheels so as you can see, he is going to be
    the guy getting the thumbs down in time so you get the last laugh

Was driving down the road and a guy on a crotch rocket coming the other way was shaking his thumb down at me. So, I flip him the bird. Then he gives me the "huh? What was that for?" Shoulder shrug, like he was surprised that I gave him the bird. I dunno...maybe thumbs down means thumbs up in the crotch rocket world..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Yeah--I had the same experience driving my work Dodge conversion Van with a 383 4 Barrel--some guy in a small pick up became upset with me & kept giving me the finger on the freeway--I just wave & smiled & acted like I knew him. The move I wave & smiled the more upset he became with his finger out the window--now it was time to see who would get in the fast lane--383 4 Barrel against the 4 cyl mini pick up --the outcome really upset him
    I love a story with a happy ending :-) But I'll never know what started the issue..
    Darrell

You are so right - - if you just smile and give 'em the Forrest Gump Wave, for some reason, it really pisses them off that they weren't able to piss you off!

forrest-gump-shrimp-1000x544.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Found on another forum....

Around here (California) the universal signal for cops or radar is a left hand flat palm tap on top of the helmetas well.

It's good for a group of new riders to decide what their universal hand signals are gonna be.

As a matter of fact, here's a quick list.

Cops/Radar/Speed trap ahead: Left hand flat palm tap on top of helmet two or three times in succession.

Turn signal indicator left on: Opening and closing a circle made with the thumb and forefinger of left hand.

Turn on high beams: Fist with left hand, then point index finger straight up, raise and lower finger without moving fist.

Turn off high beams: Fist with left hand, then point thumb down, raise and lower thumb without moving fist.

Increase speed: Left hand thumb up motion moving left hand and thumb in repetitive upward motion.

Decrease speed: Left hand thumb down motion moving left hand and thumb in repetitive downward motion.

Debris/Hazard ahead in road: Kick right foot slightly outward twice.

Tighten formation: Extend left arm out, with elbow bent and fingers pointing upward, then bring flat palm to side of helmet. (Slide arm into position from side of body to avoid signal being confused with universal hand signal for right turn.)

Loosen formation: Reverse of tighten formation. Start with left hand flat on side of helmet, move hand away from helmet.

Need fuel: Point to top of tank with left hand index finger, tap on the tank cap or cap cover.

Check out the hot babe: Left hand to chest as if cupping breast. Repeat cupping motion. Then point in direction of hot babe. []

Begin show/stunt: Tap left fist on top of windscreen twice.

End show/stunt: Move left hand back and forth over top of windscreen in a wiping motion.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    Around here (California) the universal signal for cops or radar is a left hand flat palm tap on top of the helmetas well.

It's good for a group of new riders to decide what their universal hand signals are gonna be.

As a matter of fact, here's a quick list.

Cops/Radar/Speed trap ahead: Left hand flat palm tap on top of helmet two or three times in succession.

Turn signal indicator left on: Opening and closing a circle made with the thumb and forefinger of left hand.

Turn on high beams: Fist with left hand, then point index finger straight up, raise and lower finger without moving fist.

Turn off high beams: Fist with left hand, then point thumb down, raise and lower thumb without moving fist.

Increase speed: Left hand thumb up motion moving left hand and thumb in repetitive upward motion.

Decrease speed: Left hand thumb down motion moving left hand and thumb in repetitive downward motion.

Debris/Hazard ahead in road: Kick right foot slightly outward twice.

Tighten formation: Extend left arm out, with elbow bent and fingers pointing upward, then bring flat palm to side of helmet. (Slide arm into position from side of body to avoid signal being confused with universal hand signal for right turn.)

Loosen formation: Reverse of tighten formation. Start with left hand flat on side of helmet, move hand away from helmet.

Need fuel: Point to top of tank with left hand index finger, tap on the tank cap or cap cover.

Check out the hot babe: Left hand to chest as if cupping breast. Repeat cupping motion. Then point in direction of hot babe. []

Begin show/stunt: Tap left fist on top of windscreen twice.

End show/stunt: Move left hand back and forth over top of windscreen in a wiping motion.
    Could have been saying High beam was on?
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

You are 100* right. I am not going to lose sleep over it. What did strike me odd was his reaction to me flipping him the bird.
    The fact that you posted this argues against your statement.

It happens to Jap bikers by Harley guys, etc. So what?
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Responses

Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
    I don't get the waves like I used to when I was on my Victory. Oh well.
    I always respond with a reciprocal wave when someone gives me the wave. Despite the number of bikes on the road, it's still a small community, and the gesture, the comradery, is something that most motorists will never comprehend. It seems to matter little whether one is on two wheels, or three. Sometimes I'm given the wave, sometimes I'm not. But it never bothers me when fellow riders fail to wave. (1) they failed to see me wave, (2) they were too occupied with other things, or (3), they had never heard of the custom.