Spyder Garage

Default F3 Krikit 2 Settings?

Any body know what the Krikit 2 settings should be for a 2016 F3?

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I set the tire off the ground at about 80. When on the ground it gives about 180.

Spyder Garage

Thank you sir and does the addition of the vibration damper change that in any way?

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pig View Post
    Thank you sir and does the addition of the vibration damper change that in any way?
    It is such a small load that it does not. Think of a guitar string being strummed and the damper as a finger that stops it. Not much pressure at all.

Spyder Garage

Aaaaand thank you again

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pig View Post
    Any body know what the Krikit 2 settings should be for a 2016 F3?
    My 2015 F3's is at 125--135 lbs while on the ground, I need to lift the rear off the ground to adjust the tension but it's the final on the ground tension that I consider important. Several people run with a higher tension but I have heard of drive bearing failures. I use the belt tension device & my F3's runs just fine in the 130# range on the ground.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    My 2015 F3's is at 125--135 lbs while on the ground, I need to lift the rear off the ground to adjust the tension but it's the final on the ground tension that I consider important. Several people run with a higher tension but I have heard of drive bearing failures. I use the belt tension device & my F3's runs just fine in the 130# range on the ground.
    Darrell
    Hmmmm. I just got my Krikit II and checked the belt tension on my F3-L on ground and it is set to around 110lbs. I put it on the belt just behind the BRP belt tensioner (which looks fine, but it’s only got a few thousand km on it.).

All seems to be running ok and is relatively quiet .....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hmmmm. I just got my Krikit II and checked the belt tension on my F3-L on ground and it is set to around 110lbs. I put it on the belt just behind the BRP belt tensioner (which looks fine, but it’s only got a few thousand km on it.).

All seems to be running ok and is relatively quiet .....

Pete
    Peter,
    You will be just fine at 110 lbs on the ground--it's about 20# lower than mine but there appears to be a wide variance between riders. The ones set in the higher 180# range may be experiencing bearing failure after several thousand miles--some will--some may not but why strain the drive train. Reading the Krikit is somewhat objective depending on the angle the krikit is being held & the eyesight of the rider, the temperature both of the belt & outside air will provide at least a 10# variance
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

Peter,
    You will be just fine at 110 lbs on the ground--it's about 20# lower than mine but there appears to be a wide variance between riders. The ones set in the higher 180# range may be experiencing bearing failure after several thousand miles--some will--some may not but why strain the drive train. Reading the Krikit is somewhat objective depending on the angle the krikit is being held & the eyesight of the rider, the temperature both of the belt & outside air will provide at least a 10# variance
    Darrell
    Thanks very much, Darrell. I didn’t check my tension/alignment after I replaced my rear tyre as I used the “tape the adjusters” method, and didn’t have a Krikit. I did take the F3 in for a service and to have the BRP tensioner installed after that and asked them to check the alignment and tension, so either they didn’t bother to do that (they charged me for it), or a BRP (or possibly non BRP) tech has knowingly set the tension at 110. As I said, I’m not hearing any strange noises, experiencing any untoward vibration or seeing any belt oddities, so fingers crossed

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 10-08-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Just checked my 2015 F3 and its 140 OFF the ground and 160 on the ground so I Guess I better adjust tomorrow. Needs to adjust to get it a Little off the pulley anyway.
    Anyone know what 300 Neutons plus OR minus is equal to in Kriket Readings on and off the ground?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Just checked my 2015 F3 and its 140 OFF the ground and 160 on the ground so I Guess I better adjust tomorrow. Needs to adjust to get it a Little off the pulley anyway.
    Anyone know what 300 Neutons plus OR minus is equal to in Kriket Readings on and off the ground?
    http://www.kylesconverter.com/force/...-pounds--force
    Good luck, I was thinking explosion
    Darrell

PS: The are 100's of other more experienced Spyder owners on this forum that have a different opinion as to the correct belt tension. Most are higher than mine. To each his own.
    Last edited by Wildrice; 10-09-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

http://www.kylesconverter.com/force/...-pounds--force
    Good luck, I was thinking explosion
    Darrell

PS: The are 100's of other more experienced Spyder owners on this forum that have a different opinion as to the correct belt tension. Most are higher than mine. To each his own.
    Thanks I have been Reading and jcthorne Posts seem to indicate it should be 68 to 90's something with the rear wheel JUST off the ground? He said the higher you raise the rear wheel ( Like 3-4 inches) could Make for a higher tension and an aftermarket shock could also effect it. Wonder how the 2 up shock effects it.
    My slight vibration is between 68-70 so lowering it to about 90 should give me the slight vibration "About" 62-63? We will see.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default What is the current BRP spec?

Does anyone know what the current spec is for the RT and the F3? When I got my RT back from the dealer (new rear tire along with belt tension and alignment) it was at 210# with wheel in the air. Based on many discussions here I have lowered it to 180# with the wheel on the ground.

Has anyone used the 10# method? My Victory is set at 1 1/4" deflection with 10# of pressure.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited