Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

it doesn't matter what others do, kaepernaki among many others in my opinion is disrespecting this country that gives him the
    right most other countries would never allow. he can protest but he needs to do so on his time not that for which others pay for.
    now if he & other players wish to pay the admission fee then they can do what they want up until then PLAY BALL.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-17-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

An interesting interview on NPR today about how it all began.

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/17/558390...-knee-protests

Here's part of the interview with Nate Boyer, a former Green Beret and pro player with Seattle Seahawks.

BOYER: It was right before the last preseason game last year in San Diego in the team hotel. And we talked for a couple hours about everything. I mean it was military appreciation day in the stadium. 9/11's approaching. And he was sensitive to that. You know, he was - he didn't want to offend veterans. He didn't want to offend people in the military and even police officers that do it the right way every day. So, you know, I urged him to stand and then take action because that's really how this change will happen. And he said, no, I'm committed to sitting until I feel that things are changing and that we're moving in the right direction. And so through that conversation, I guess we agreed on a middle ground, with him taking a knee alongside his teammates.

MCEVERS: What was it about kneeling that you were OK with as a veteran?

BOYER: Yeah. I mean, for me, that's a sign of reverence. You know, people take a knee to say a prayer. And then, also, military personnel - it's very common to see an image of a soldier or Marine or an airman or a sailor take a knee in front of a fallen - you know, a fallen brother in arms' grave to pay respects. So I just thought it was better. You know, and it showed more about that he's paying attention, as well. He's not, in a sense, sitting it out. You know what I mean? He's engaged.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    An interesting interview on NPR today about how it all began. http://www.npr.org/2017/10/17/558390...-knee-protests Here's part of the interview with Nate Boyer, a former Green Beret and pro player with Seattle Seahawks.
    Fake news! So sad!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

i didn't know kapernaki served in the military. i'm sure he donates his time of which now he has a lot of to vet organizations. i was very
    wrong about him. NOT
    oh, i was wondering has kapernaki made any statements about players who beat wives/girlfriends, drug use, fights or any other things
    that might plague professional sports?

Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-18-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    And now, to get this thread back onto its original theme; Watch this if you think #TakeAKnee protests are 'disrespecting the flag'

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1719676148063868/

EXACTLY !!!

Furthermore, the Supreme Court decided in 1943 that no one can be required to stand for the pledge... and this was before they added the 'under god' nonsense to it in the 1950's.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i didn't know kapernaki served in the military. i'm sure he donates his time of which now he has a lot of to vet organizations. i was very
    wrong about him. NOT
    oh, i was wondering has kapernaki made any statements about players who beat wives/girlfriends, drug use, fights or any other things
    that might plague professional sports?

Straw man arguments.

Everyone has different issues that are important to them. No one can take them all on. He chose the systematic, unjust killing of black males by police. His choice. His freedom.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Straw man arguments.
    the systematic, unjust killing of black males by police.
    There are random incidents, yes. But you have to prove it with an unbiased source if you claim its systematic.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tragic: yes!
    Systematic?
    Explain to me how this great conspiracy was hatched?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Tragic: yes! Systematic? Explain to me how this great conspiracy was hatched?
    Maybe he meant systemic.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Maybe he meant systemic.
    Nope.. I meant systematic.

Blacks in America have been systematically oppressed since they were 'freed'. Jim Crow. Sundowner laws. Segregation. Incarceration. Police brutality.
    Blacks are generally treated differently by police. They have a much better chance of being shot or beaten. If arrested they generally do considerably more time than a white counterpart does for the same crime.

They are not treated the same or fairly in general. There is plenty of evidence to support this.

If people seriously don't understand that, then they're in denial.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope.. I meant systematic. Blacks in America have been systematically oppressed since they were 'freed'. Jim Crow. Sundowner laws. Segregation. Incarceration. Police brutality. Blacks are generally treated differently by police. They have a much better chance of being shot or beaten. If arrested they generally do considerably more time than a white counterpart does for the same crime. They are not treated the same or fairly in general. There is plenty of evidence to support this. If people seriously don't understand that, then they're in denial.
    Obviously, I agree with you that we have a long way to go in race relations in this country. But, I agree with Bob; to say there is a systematic pogrom afoot implies a conspiracy. The Nazis' eradication of Jews was systematic; our mistreatment of minorities in this country I don't think is. I think there are pockets of bigotry and hatred and mistrust in the US - some of them quite large - but I don't believe there is a concerted effort country-wide to deny blacks or any other 'protected' minority their rights.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Obviously, I agree with you that we have a long way to go in race relations in this country. But, I agree with Bob; to say there is a systematic pogrom afoot implies a conspiracy. The Nazis' eradication of Jews was systematic; our mistreatment of minorities in this country I don't think is. I think there are pockets of bigotry and hatred and mistrust in the US - some of them quite large - but I don't believe there is a concerted effort country-wide to deny blacks or any other 'protected' minority their rights.
    Okay... fair enough... how about widespread instead then..

Spyder Garage

ok i would like anyone on here or kapernaki to tell me why there are no protests against the mormon church since in their bible it says
    dark skin is a curse or evil or something like that. the koran has statements from mohammad calling blacks raisin head & that whites
    are superior to blacks.
    wouldn't this outright racism be a lot more important to protest and make people aware of? i'm sure kapernaki might have some muslim
    teammates he should be talking to, and understand this according to the koran you can not be a good muslim unless you believe and
    follow all that mohammad says.
    the kkk and the very small percentage of police who absolutely are racist are a minute fraction compared to these 2 religions in the u.s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    ok i would like anyone on here or kapernaki to tell me why there are no protests against the mormon church since in their bible it says
    dark skin is a curse or evil or something like that. the koran has statements from mohammad calling blacks raisin head & that whites
    are superior to blacks.
    wouldn't this outright racism be a lot more important to protest and make people aware of? i'm sure kapernaki might have some muslim
    teammates he should be talking to, and understand this according to the koran you can not be a good muslim unless you believe and
    follow all that mohammad says.
    the kkk and the very small percentage of police who absolutely are racist are a minute fraction compared to these 2 religions in the u.s.
    There's far more racism within Christian organizations in the USA than the Mormons and Muslims in the USA combined......

Also.. please go take a theology 101 class before posting about religions you obviously know nothing about.....

It's this kind of misinformation that is destroying America....

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There's far more racism within Christian organizations in the USA than the Mormons and Muslims in the USA combined......

Also.. please go take a theology 101 class before posting about religions you obviously know nothing about.....

It's this kind of misinformation that is destroying America....
    Indeed when you source of education is the neighborhood bar, and that is how you form your opinions, we are all in trouble!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

True Pete! But I can't give up my caffeine!!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Indeed when you source of education is the neighborhood bar, and that is how you form your opinions, we are all in trouble!

Far too many Americans get their news from only one source and that source may not even be a reputable one. When you limit your news sources, you set yourself up to be woefully uninformed and easily misled by false claims or manipulation of facts.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Mormons are Christians. "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints"

And, since this is a thread on patriotism, maybe all American theists should join the Mormon church. It is, after all, the only authentic American church, untainted by 2000 years of foreign traditions and holy wars.
    Do you have scientific proof? Who was the scientist, and where was he credentialed, and in what year? Does he/she (transgender) also shear sheep, while eating a pastrami sandwich? All while on one knee, which was just replaced recently, and is awaiting bilateral hip replacements.

I think that covers it.

Who is on first?

Spyder Garage

Actually, if the US had a national church, it would have to be the Mormon church. It is the only authentic, original, made-in-America religion. Everything else is a foreign import and would be subject to an import tariff.
    Christian Science (Mary Baker Eddy), Jehovah's Witnesses (don't remember the name of founder), also come to mind.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually, if the US had a national church, it would have to be the Mormon church. It is the only authentic, original, made-in-America religion. Everything else is a foreign import and would be subject to an import tariff.
    This is absolutely a non-issue: we have safeguards in place to prevent the existence of a "national church"...
    Why bring it up?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Of course it's a non-issue. But interesting to contemplate don't you think in light of the religious bigotry that is expressed every day by red-blooded, bible-thumping citizens?
    I prefer to think about the possibilities, and not waste time on things that will never be...

Spyder Garage

Well, your ignorance and religious bias is on full display in this post. I think I know now where you prefer to get your information from.

What we should be concerned about in this country is the perpetuation of misinformation for political and economic gain.

Not that you will change your beliefs, but the Mormon Church is actually called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; they have the same Bible as you do. They have additional texts to guide their daily life and behavior, just as does the Catholic Church and other major religions.

If you really knew the Old Testament, you wouldn't be so quick to judge Islam as being racist, misogynistic or anything else that is anathema to our modern society (you know, the one with football).
    YES i admit i am racist for reading the koran, judeo/christian bible , mormon bible and others and not interpreting just straight reading. but what i do know is up until the late '80's blacks were not allowed to be mormons and the reason they allow them is because they were opening up churches on the continent of africa. now as for the koran, it is the absolute word of allah and can not be altered. so
    everything in it is true today and must be followed verbatim. so in essence a radical muslim is one who does not follow all that the
    koran says so they may not be racist or beat their wives, a good muslim does so. as for the judeo/christian bible most people today
    use them as allegories and don't follow it exactly and only the good that is stated in it.
    Perhaps if you read more and attacked less you might know this to be true. If i truly were racist or ignorant i might follow religion
    but alas i don't, i apologize.
    Oh, by the way, do you know anyone who actually follows the old testament?
    Now back on point a little, why does the kkk hate blacks & burn crosses? i am just saying these are the people that the protests
    should be against since they are the ones (a**h***s & religious fanatics) that have a higher propensity towards hate then the
    average joe or johnny law.

Spyder Garage

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

Time to turn down the rhetoric you three. Your going to get the thread closed or deleted. The line has been crossed a whole bunch of times.

I would consider deleting a couple of the most recent posts, I am guessing the black triangles are showing up or some are thinking about them. Not me--so far.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

Time to turn down the rhetoric you three. Your going to get the thread closed or deleted. The line has been crossed a whole bunch of times.

I would consider deleting a couple of the most recent posts, I am guessing the black triangles are showing up or some are thinking about them. Not me--so far.

Spyder Garage