Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I would consider deleting a couple of the most recent posts, I am guessing the black triangles are showing up or some are thinking about them. Not me--so far.
    Done. Thanks for the heads-up.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    ok i would like anyone on here or kapernaki to tell me why there are no protests against the mormon church since in their bible it says dark skin is a curse or evil or something like that. the koran has statements from mohammad calling blacks raisin head & that whites are superior to blacks. wouldn't this outright racism be a lot more important to protest and make people aware of? i'm sure kapernaki might have some muslim teammates he should be talking to, and understand this according to the koran you can not be a good muslim unless you believe and follow all that mohammad says. the kkk and the very small percentage of police who absolutely are racist are a minute fraction compared to these 2 religions in the u.s.
    This is misinformation. Express your opinion if you'd like, but don't go making things up just to bolster your argument.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    This is misinformation. Express your opinion if you'd like, but don't go making things up just to bolster your argument.
    are you kidding?! you think that is stuff i am making up?! try watching the news, reading even read the mormon bible or koran to
    find out if what i said is true or b.s. do a google search or look at wikipedia or perhaps ask those who go to those churches, what they
    will say is "we don't do that anymore" not that we don't do that. the mormon religion is partially based on freedom for plural marriage &
    islam is for domination over inferiors & over women (plural marriage & child rape. pakistan, saudi arabia, nigeria...)
    i read a lot on the internet, i don't youtube, facebook or any of those other things that you might waste time on.
    if you think the mormon church is fair & just then look into what they did about prop 8 in california a few years ago and why the u.s.
    government has investigated their finances for many years.

this is just the quick stuff i have found, please tell me if any of it is wrong.
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.co...elty/long.html
    http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/05/pr...traight-koran/
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/BOM/cr/long.html
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-20-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Nope.. I meant systematic.

Blacks in America have been systematically oppressed since they were 'freed'. Jim Crow. Sundowner laws. Segregation. Incarceration. Police brutality.
    Blacks are generally treated differently by police. They have a much better chance of being shot or beaten. If arrested they generally do considerably more time than a white counterpart does for the same crime.

They are not treated the same or fairly in general. There is plenty of evidence to support this.

If people seriously don't understand that, then they're in denial.
    The history is bad, but the country today is not '1950 Mississippi bad'. There are people who blow the problem out of proportion for political reasons. I think most people now will agree that mistreatment by police is unacceptable. Its the exaggeration many of us disagree with.

Also, police who use force are unfairly treated in the Media (guilty until proven guilty). The criminals know this and take advantage of it. That makes the world a more dangerous place. Also, police don't have community support in Black neighborhoods. That is why many are riddled with crime. I live in the Chicago area. The local news daily reports on the latest violent acts, mostly Black on Black crime, which is glossed over by Liberals. In my neighborhood, mostly Indian, Asian and White, we support police and don't tolerate criminals in our mist. So we have a safe place to live.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    The history is bad, but the country today is not '1950 Mississippi bad'. There are people who blow the problem out of proportion for political reasons. I think most people now will agree that mistreatment by police is unacceptable. Its the exaggeration many of us disagree with.

Also, police who use force are unfairly treated in the Media (guilty until proven guilty). The criminals know this and take advantage of it. That makes the world a more dangerous place. Also, police don't have community support in Black neighborhoods. That is why many are riddled with crime. I live in the Chicago area. The local news daily reports on the latest violent acts, mostly Black on Black crime, which is glossed over by Liberals. In my neighborhood, mostly Indian, Asian and White, we support police and don't tolerate criminals in our mist. So we have a safe place to live.
    I agree with the statement in bold. But I don't think that's reason enough to ignore the problems that persist.

The statements in red are suspect at best; they are extremely biased and just add weight to the bigotry that perpetuates the problem of police violence in SOME communities.

That's my opinion.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you ever seen a cellphone video on Youtube, that showed the Officers in a positive light?
    If I have: they've been VERY few, and far between!

Spyder Garage

the other problem is for the videos that make police look bad, you don't always see the beginning of what let up to the situation or the full
    ending. oft times it is the back story that tells you why.

Spyder Garage

the other problem is for the videos that make police look bad, you don't always see the beginning of what let up to the situation or the full
    ending. oft times it is the back story that tells you why.
    Just like our news of today. Show or listen to the whole thing and thoughts would be much much different on all sides.
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach

Spyder Garage

YES i admit i am racist for reading the koran, judeo/christian bible , mormon bible and others and not interpreting just straight reading. but what i do know is up until the late '80's blacks were not allowed to be mormons and the reason they allow them is because they were opening up churches on the continent of africa. now as for the koran, it is the absolute word of allah and can not be altered. so
    everything in it is true today and must be followed verbatim. so in essence a radical muslim is one who does not follow all that the
    koran says so they may not be racist or beat their wives, a good muslim does so. as for the judeo/christian bible most people today
    use them as allegories and don't follow it exactly and only the good that is stated in it.
    Perhaps if you read more and attacked less you might know this to be true. If i truly were racist or ignorant i might follow religion
    but alas i don't, i apologize.
    Oh, by the way, do you know anyone who actually follows the old testament?
    Now back on point a little, why does the kkk hate blacks & burn crosses? i am just saying these are the people that the protests
    should be against since they are the ones (a**h***s & religious fanatics) that have a higher propensity towards hate then the
    average joe or johnny law.
    Ugggg. where to begin....

1. Allah is the same as God. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all come from the God of Abraham. Same (imaginary)guy.
    2. Mohammad is simply a different prophet like Jesus. The Koran even mentions Mr. Christ numerous times.
    3. No, a good Muslim doesn't beat his wife, etc. That is hyperbolic nonsense spread by Islamaphobes.
    4. Judging the majority of Muslims by the actions of the few radicals is like judging most American Christians by the actions of Jim Jones or the Westboro Baptists.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

So...

How many of you have driven your Spyder to a football game and had a tailgate party when you were there?

What you did after that...is your (fill in the blank) given right, or your (fill in the blank) priviledge.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-20-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ugggg. where to begin....

1. Allah is the same as God. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all come from the God of Abraham. Same (imaginary)guy.
    2. Mohammad is simply a different prophet like Jesus. The Koran even mentions Mr. Christ numerous times.
    3. No, a good Muslim doesn't beat his wife, etc. That is hyperbolic nonsense spread by Islamaphobes.
    4. Judging the majority of Muslims by the actions of the few radicals is like judging most American Christians by the actions of Jim Jones or the Westboro Baptists.
    as your bible states, a radical goes against it. i'm very sorry i am using english and the meaning of the words as written.
    you really need to read a little more before you make these silly statements.
    p.s. islamaphobia is actually the fear of islam not muslims.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

p.s. islamaphobia is actually the fear of islam not muslims

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/IslamophobiaDefinition of Islamophobia

:irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against Islam or people who practice Islam

On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So...How many of you have driven your Spyder to a football game and had a tailgate party when you were there?
    My Spyder doesn't have a tailgate; where do you get one of those?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    p.s. islamaphobia is actually the fear of islam not muslims

From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/IslamophobiaDefinition of Islamophobia

:irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against Islam or people who practice Islam

yes you are right, i took it under it's literal meaning not dictionary definition.

Radical:
    a :very different from the usual or traditional :extreme
    b :favoring extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions
    c :associated with political views, practices, and policies of extreme change
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 10-20-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    My Spyder doesn't have a tailgate; where do you get one of those?
    You just have to improvise. How about an add on platform like Bob has on his new toy? Add the fence and you can help prevent anyone who drinks to much from falling off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tailgating?
    What's that?

The Outlaw is Home 004.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Tailgating? What's that?

The Outlaw is Home 004.jpg
    It's still in the same spot where you left it the day you brought it home? You know, you can just go camping in it - doesn't have to have a Spyder in the back.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's the picture that I have: but not the experiences...

Spyder Garage

So...

How many of you have driven your Spyder to a football game and had a tailgate party when you were there?

What you did after that...is your (fill in the blank) given right, or your (fill in the blank) priviledge.
    New to the Spyder but still waiting for one of those giant trailer smoker things shaped like a Dan Wesson wheel gun to show up on the forum somewhere. Have to be an RT to carry all the Beer, BBQ sauce, plates, napkins and such though. Never see that on an RS.

Edit: I just realized the tailgate topic made this thread into 6 total topics now form the OP.
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach