Spyder Garage

Default Shuddering mirrors On F3 Limited

has anyone found a golden arrow to stabilize F3 mirrors? I have tightened the mounting screws and it helped, but it’s still troublesome on less than perfect road surfaces.

Spyder Garage

I have the same issue on my RS. It's annoying....
    Magnesium 2011 RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolffspyder View Post
    has anyone found a golden arrow to stabilize F3 mirrors? I have tightened the mounting screws and it helped, but it’s still troublesome on less than perfect road surfaces.
    Yep......but it requires fillers. You either have to wedge some two sided tape between the mirror and the body (either on the top or the side), or you can remove the mirror, apply some two sided tape to the body under the edge of the mirror. (I needed 3 layers, and left the top coating on (the green in the picture), so I could remove the mirrors easily. I have no more vibration.
    IMG_0575.jpgIMG_0576.jpg

I can't show you the other two methods, but a search of F3 Limited Mirror Vibration should locate them

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Here's Tango's solution.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rror+vibration

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolffspyder View Post
    has anyone found a golden arrow to stabilize F3 mirrors? ....
    I take it you mean besides buying an RT & installing a set of Magic Mirror Mounts?!?

Seriously tho, vibrating mirrors have been one of the apparently 'necessary evils' about m'bikes pretty much since m'bikes were invented; just like discovering there's something hot between your legs cos you are sitting astride an internal combustion engine; or getting wet when it rains while you are riding because you are out in the wind more so than when you are driving a cage Mirrors vibrating are so much a part of the m'bike riding experience that despite some delusions to the contrary, I seriously doubt that there is a m'bike brand on the market today or that ever has been on the market that hasn't had some complaints about their mirrors vibrating! So if you are one of the lucky riders who has a m'bike with mirrors that haven't yet driven you to distraction with their vibrating, it's probably best to keep your mouth shut or the Karma god will smite you!!

That said, your best bet to reduce the vibration is to add some sticky stuff like Tango (see above) or add a stay or bracket of some sort to add an extra leg of support, but anything like that's probably gonna look a little ugly or make other stuff harder, & seriously, are the vibrations really that bad that they totally destroy the enjoyment you get from riding?? Enjoy the good stuff, don't worry too much about the small stuff & Ride More, Worry Less!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-27-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

That said, your best bet to reduce the vibration is to add some sticky stuff like Tango (see above) or add a stay or bracket of some sort to add an extra leg of support, but anything like that's probably gonna look a little ugly or make other stuff harder, & seriously, are the vibrations really that bad that they totally destroy the enjoyment you get from riding?? Enjoy the good stuff, don't worry too much about the small stuff & Ride More, Worry Less!
    So what about MY solution, complete with photos, Aawen? Was there something you found offensive in it? Gee some people are hard to please.......

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

You must've posted while I was typing Pete, & then by the time I hit the submit button, your first post had been relegated to ancient history, so I gave it the attention that generally deserves!! You should be grateful that I even mentioned the content of your second post! Like someone just said, "gee, some people....."
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You must've posted while I was typing Pete, & then by the time I hit the submit button, your first post had been relegated to ancient history, so I gave it the attention that generally deserves!! You should be grateful that I even mentioned the content of your second post! Like someone just said, "gee, some people....."
    Well, when you put it like that.......... please accept my heartfelt thank you for mentioning my second post, Peter !

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Fixed

Had some silicone line. Cut a couple of pieces to go between the posts that clip in. Secured them with a bit of electrical tape. Problem solved!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I had that problem on my ST and just replaced the base bracket with a new one. good as new. I ordered it threw cheep cycle parts for cheep. sometimes the required ninja move to remove them will damage them and they will begin to shutter. Its really hard to see but there is plastic broke off somewhere.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror shutters

I used hot glue in a couple of places near mirror mount and fixed the shutter and squeak. Pull the front covers off and just a dab where the move at mount and fixed it

Spyder Garage

Just go faster than everyone else and forget about what is behind you...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black