Spyder Garage

Default Jacking up the front end on a 2016 F3-T

I want to adjust the shocks on my 2016 Spyder F3-T. I have been looking a floor jacks, but even most of the "low profile" ones look like they would have trouble getting under the Spyder. Also, I am not quite sure where on the Spyder I would position the jack for lifting. This can't be done on ramps, because the tire has to come off the ground to reduce the tension on the shock spring.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a floor jack that would work and where it should be positioned?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post
    I want to adjust the shocks on my 2016 Spyder F3-T. I have been looking a floor jacks, but even most of the "low profile" ones look like they would have trouble getting under the Spyder. Also, I am not quite sure where on the Spyder I would position the jack for lifting. This can't be done on ramps, because the tire has to come off the ground to reduce the tension on the shock spring.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a floor jack that would work and where it should be positioned?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    I use a jack like the Harbour Freight with the two prongs, Wayne. It rests at 4" off the ground. I position the front prong as far forward on the centre sub frame as I can (it goes under the floorboard which is set to position #5). That lifts both the front and rear of the F3-L. I then chock under the rear tyre for stability. That's the config I use for everything.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I use a jack like the Harbour Freight with the two prongs, Wayne. It rests at 4" off the ground. I position the front prong as far forward on the centre sub frame as I can (it goes under the floorboard which is set to position #5). That lifts both the front and rear of the F3-L. I then chock under the rear tyre for stability. That's the config I use for everything.

Pete
    I drive up on 4" staggered (qty 2 2" x 4") & then use the standard support jacks. To lift the Spyder front end place the floor lift jack on the most forward part of the center frame,
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 09-27-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Jack the front end

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post

Thanks,
    Wayne

I've got this jack and it works fine, fits under the bike with no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-W...torcycle+jacks

Spyder Garage

Default what I use

Craftsman Professional Motorcycle ATV Jack Lift 1500 Lb Bike Stand Garage Repair. This works great for me. Used it to change oil installed a Baja Ron Sway bar with it. Great lift for my Spyder. $190. to $200. dollars