Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Limp Home Mode / Flashing Check Engine Light ?

I had the dreaded Limp Home Mode and flashing check engine light on the way home today. I checked all the fluids and lights. Everything checks out. The strange thing is when it went into Limp Mode it did not slow down at all? Drove it home at 65mph in 6th gear at 3300rpm? It still starts and runs fine? I was able to check the codes and got a P0340 which is a crankshaft position sensor inactive. I checked for any loose wires ,but could not find any. I guess its off to the dealership?

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Did you shut the spyder off remove the key and let the computer's reset..? Takes a while then start her back up and see if it clears. If not or comes back then have it checked out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Did you shut the spyder off remove the key and let the computer's reset..? Takes a while then start her back up and see if it clears. If not or comes back then have it checked out...
    Ya I tried that with no luck. Pretty sure the sensor is out.

Spyder Garage

Default Limp home mode. Need help

Hi all. I just got a new to me 2015 RT-S SE6, No problems with it on the drive back to Iowa from North Carolina other than I lost power to my heated gear plug. I checked all the fuses finding no problems yet. Has to be further up the line somewhere that I haven't gotten to yet.

Now to the problem. After putting it all back together, I went to go ride it to a friends and got the limp home mode warnings, check engine light, tow to dealer light, etc. I disconnected the battery for a half an hour and put it back together. Still have the same issue. Any ideas?

It ran fine this morning. No issues. Can't believe I could have done anything by just checking the fuses but obviously I must have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dcirvin View Post

Now to the problem. After putting it all back together, I went to go ride it to a friends and got the limp home mode warnings, check engine light, tow to dealer light, etc. I disconnected the battery for a half an hour and put it back together. Still have the same issue. Any ideas?

Thank you
    Did you check for codes? Start it, press Mode, Set and turn signal cancel buttons simultaneously.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Did you check for codes? Start it, press Mode, Set and turn signal cancel buttons simultaneously.
    No I have not. Didn't know anything about that. New to this machinery. How do you read them? Long and short codes? How can I find out what the codes mean if there is a code?

Spyder Garage

I googled how to get the codes. Now just need to see if I can find what they mean and how to maybe fix it.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

I googled how to get the codes. Now just need to see if I can find what they mean and how to maybe fix it.

Thank you
    Publish the code(s) as they appear on your multifunction screen on this thread and someone with the Spyder Codes app will respond.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Publish the code(s) as they appear on your multifunction screen on this thread and someone with the Spyder Codes app will respond.
    Thanks. I downloaded that app. Looks like it could possibly be something wrong with my battery connections. Maybe I didn't get them back just right. Will have to try again.

Spyder Garage

Codes would be C0020 and C006C

Spyder Garage

Default Fixed

Hi all. I just got a new to me 2015 RT-S SE6, No problems with it on the drive back to Iowa from North Carolina other than I lost power to my heated gear plug. I checked all the fuses finding no problems yet. Has to be further up the line somewhere that I haven't gotten to yet.

It ran fine this morning. No issues. Can't believe I could have done anything by just checking the fuses but obviously I must have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Hey all. Thanks for the help. Turns out I was a moron who forgot to go back to basics. I swore I had put the fuses back just as they came out but I had shifted one row one slot to the left so I had a fuse in a dead hole and a hole that needed a fuse in it and didn't. Stuff moved to it's correct slots and all is good now.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Riding the brake unawares can also cause limp mode.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spovelko View Post
    Ya I tried that with no luck. Pretty sure the sensor is out.
    Good luck with the fix.

Spyder Garage

Hey all. Thanks for the help. Turns out I was a moron who forgot to go back to basics. I swore I had put the fuses back just as they came out but I had shifted one row one slot to the left so I had a fuse in a dead hole and a hole that needed a fuse in it and didn't. Stuff moved to it's correct slots and all is good now.

Thanks.
    Thanks for letting us know what the problem was and the fix for it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze