Spyder Garage

Default who should i finance me spyder with?

The banks/credit unions I've checked out all seem to be stuck on 5.99 for all motorcycles, some will go 2.9 for Harleys. why is that?
    any who if anyone knows of a credit union with a low rate let me know. I have excellent credit. I'm Getting a 2018 F3-3,financing about 10 grand of the purchase price. thanks in advance spyder lovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For that amount of a loan: will the amount that you save be worth the effort and the worrying?
    Just enjoy your bike: that's what it's all about anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Mine is 1.9% at Summit credit union in Madison Wisconsin. Doesn't matter what bike you by. But that was 1-1/2 years ago. Just looked up now is 3.45%
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Always use a credit union or your savings account

Quote Originally Posted by AraņaRider View Post
    The banks/credit unions I've checked out all seem to be stuck on 5.99 for all motorcycles, some will go 2.9 for Harleys. why is that?
    any who if anyone knows of a credit union with a low rate let me know. I have excellent credit. I'm Getting a 2018 F3-3,financing about 10 grand of the purchase price. thanks in advance spyder lovers

Spyder Garage

Financing for toys is like insurance. You may have to shop around for the best rate and terms. I am finding that credit unions seem to have the best rates these days.

Fortunately, we are at an all time low for interest rates. I remember paying 12% for a MC long ago--and that was with good credit.

I recently got 3.35% for 72 months on a new 2015 Vulcan. I financed the unit to maintain a good credit rating since I have not used an installment loan for anything in over 5 years. Local Credit Union. I plan to make a years payments and then pay it off.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-01-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

financing about 10 grand of the purchase price. thanks in advance spyder lovers

6% is not bad for a vehicle loan.

BUT if you are financing only about 50% of the purchase price, I would think you could do better.

Initial depreciation is part of the problem.
    Do you REALLY "need" a brand new 2018 ?
    Most of your "problem" might disappear with a left over '17 or even a '16 maybe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I imagine in the Tampa area, obtaining financing for non-essentials like a motorcycle is going to be tough for awhile. A lot of demand for financing of disaster recovery I would imagine. You may be better off going online to one of the internet loan companies.

Can't imagine why H-D financing would be different to the banking community....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Finance

My credit union suggested that I refinance my truck and that way you get a better rate.

Spyder Garage

Default M/C Finance Rate

Last December, Sheffield Finance was recommended by BRP and offered 0%. I signed up with Sheffield. 888-438-8837.

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For that amount of a loan: will the amount that you save be worth the effort and the worrying?
    Just enjoy your bike: that's what it's all about anyway!
    The amount you could save is insignificant in the long run. Just pay it off as quickly as you can. Larger payments to principal, especially at the beginning of the loan, means a lot less interest paid to the bank. (But what do I know. I am only a retired bank vice president)
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Try

Try Langley Federal Credit Union look them up and call if you have excellent credit you will get better than advertised on the website (at least I did) I bought my bike in may @ 1.74% not sure what they are offering now but was the cheapest I found when I was looking.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Take up one of the credit card offers for 0 APR and 3% transaction fee, or no transaction fee and 1.99% APR for 12 to 18 months. Then pay that off in 18 or 24 months with another super new credit card offer. After you get 3 or 4 cards in hand then you can cycle through their offerings every year or so.

If your credit is stellar you might be able to do better with a 10k signature loan.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The internet is your friend. I did a search for a previous purchase and found that AAA had the best rate through a credit union not in my area. I paid for the AAA membership and was able to get the loan as membership with them made me eligible. Even factoring in one year of membership it was a great deal. When renewal time rolled around I canceled.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

I was REALLY lucky to get in on the 0% for 36 months special that BRP ran over the summer. Even the dealer was surprised at that rate with no transaction fee. The cost of financing was one of the things that kept me from purchasing sooner.

Spyder Garage

Check with your local credit union.

4 years ago when I bought my 2014 RTS-SE6( Current) I used my local credit union.

Good Luck!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

My F3 Was through (BRP) Sheffield Financial at 3.99% and they are a Good Company-Title came Quick when I paid it off a Year Early.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I financed about the same amount at the end of July and got 2.9%. The dealer arranged it through a local credit union.
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bolson View Post
    I was REALLY lucky to get in on the 0% for 36 months special that BRP ran over the summer. Even the dealer was surprised at that rate with no transaction fee. The cost of financing was one of the things that kept me from purchasing sooner.
    That's what I did. Purchased new with a trade and took advantage of the 0% for 36 months and payment was well under 200.00 a month. Plus I think it was 2k off as well, when I saw that I jumped knowing BRP does not offer that often.

Spyder Garage

Default This is exactly what I did

Quote Originally Posted by bolson View Post
    i too took advantage of this 0% deal for 36 months. I purchased mine this past June.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.