Thread: LED bulbs

Spyder Garage

Default LED bulbs

RT STD 2014

Does anyone know of a tried and tested HB3 9005 LED bulb. In Europe and UK, the lights either side of the frunk are the low beam, USA have them as fog lights, it's these bulbs that are HB3 9005, I emailed Lamonster about buying his but he said they would not fit EU models, I hate to argue with him but they look like the right ones from his pictures, or does he mean the beam pattern is wrong for a headlight.

Does anyone have a good photo of a lamonster fog light bulb, also with it fitted and working?

Wish I could convert the high beam lights to dual filament, the high beam is so bright but the low beam leaves a lot to be desired.

I could use HID bulbs but would they not be too hot and start distorting the tupperware?

Any input gratefully appreciated

Alex

DSC00586.jpgHB3 9005 bulb
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agedbikeman View Post
    RT STD 2014

Does anyone know of a tried and tested HB3 9005 LED bulb. In Europe and UK, the lights either side of the frunk are the low beam, USA have them as fog lights, it's these bulbs that are HB3 9005, I emailed Lamonster about buying his but he said they would not fit EU models, I hate to argue with him but they look like the right ones from his pictures, or does he mean the beam pattern is wrong for a headlight.

Does anyone have a good photo of a lamonster fog light bulb, also with it fitted and working?

Wish I could convert the high beam lights to dual filament, the high beam is so bright but the low beam leaves a lot to be desired.

I could use HID bulbs but would they not be too hot and start distorting the tupperware?

Any input gratefully appreciated

Alex

DSC00586.jpgHB3 9005 bulb

It appears in the USA they fit H9 bulbs as fog lights and 9005/HB3 bulbs as their main beam as their Main beam also functions as a dipped beam by using a shutter in the headlamp housing

I have fitted Tric LED's to both Headlamps H9 and 9005 HB3 as dipped beams
    If you search e bay (or Similar auction sites) you will see several LED options for 9005 HB3 bulbs
    I went with Tric LED as they are tried & tested for the RT models if you do order any make sure you specify the type you want as it's not always clear on the various websites

Be aware the Fog lights on the RT models 1330 are not easy to fit on the left hand side due to the air intake getting in the way the right side is easier maybe a job for a dealer

see :- http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Bulb-2014-RTS

Hope this helps
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default headlight bulbs

No matter what type bulbs you use ...they all go in the same way with the same amount of work .... So forget the Halogen's they won't last more than TWO years, and are 40% as bright as an LED..... The HID 's are about 8x's more expensive .......I bought Phillips LED's for $ 16.00 .... jmho, ..Mike

Spyder Garage

Default LED Bulbs

Tell me about it!! this all started because both dipped beam blew, just replaced them with halogen again from ebay, I bought 2 LED's on ebay, so useless you couldn't tell they were on. so I had no choice, got the halgens on ebay from scotland £6.99 the pair, here in France forget LED's and halogens are 25€ each. Looking now to go LED in my own time.

Thanks for the info I'll persue it
    As for dealer, never taken a bike to a shop in 50 years, not likely to start now. always found the problem and fixed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    It appears in the USA they fit H9 bulbs as fog lights and 9005/HB3 bulbs as their main beam as their Main beam also functions as a dipped beam by using a shutter in the headlamp housing

I have fitted Tric LED's to both Headlamps H9 and 9005 HB3 as dipped beams
    If you search e bay (or Similar auction sites) you will see several LED options for 9005 HB3 bulbs
    I went with Tric LED as they are tried & tested for the RT models if you do order any make sure you specify the type you want as it's not always clear on the various websites

Be aware the Fog lights on the RT models 1330 are not easy to fit on the left hand side due to the air intake getting in the way the right side is easier maybe a job for a dealer

see :- http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Bulb-2014-RTS

Hope this helps
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light

2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    No matter what type bulbs you use ...they all go in the same way with the same amount of work .... So forget the Halogen's they won't last more than TWO years, and are 40% as bright as an LED..... The HID 's are about 8x's more expensive .......I bought Phillips LED's for $ 16.00 .... jmho, ..Mike
    Yes I want to fit LED's, but the 2 I bought on ebay were rubbish and here in France LED's are not available, so I'm looking for a tried and tested LED's. had to use Halogens again as it's all I could get
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light

2014 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agedbikeman View Post
    Yes I want to fit LED's, but the 2 I bought on ebay were rubbish and here in France LED's are not available, so I'm looking for a tried and tested LED's. had to use Halogens again as it's all I could get
    This may be an exercise in futility......or worse.

LED headlights often need a different shaped reflector to work well.

HIDs require additional hardware (ballast) to work at all......and often run hotter.

If you haven't already, you might consider a PIAA replacement bulb.
    They get good reviews from those who use them in cars.