2. You may not vote on this poll
  • RT SE6

0 0%
  • led bulb

2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RT SE6 Head light issues

I checked my manual and other sources that say the headlight bulb should be a H4 (High/low beam), when I took the headlight bulb out it was a 9005 ( single filament bulb)bulb! WTF? What is the correct bulb? Where are the high and low beam bubs located? I am new at this as I recently quit the Harley Cult and joined the Can Club! Thanks for any and all help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drifterdan View Post
    I checked my manual and other sources that say the headlight bulb should be a H4 (High/low beam), when I took the headlight bulb out it was a 9005 ( single filament bulb)bulb! WTF? What is the correct bulb? Where are the high and low beam bubs located? I am new at this as I recently quit the Harley Cult and joined the Can Club! Thanks for any and all help.
    The RT uses a shutter mechanism to partially close the headlight to create a low beam effect. It's a single filament bulb.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

DrifterDan, I'm curious, which manual are you looking at. Some of the non-RT models use high/low beam dual element bulbs. Is it a Spyder Roadster RT specific manual or something else? My '13 RTL uses the 9005 bulb with the shutter like UtahPete stated. You can hear the mechanical shutter flip when you switch from low to high or vice versa.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drifterdan View Post
    My 2012 manual says type h9--2x65 W halogen for headlight---

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default headlight bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by wallburl View Post
    My 2012 manual says type h9--2x65 W halogen for headlight---
    I know from 14 on an RT uses a 9005 or HB-3 .... same bulb but the HB-3 sells for more money ......IMHO don't waste your time and money on a Halogen bulb ... get the LED's .... Mike