Spyder Garage

Default X-creen is the bomb!

The only thing I didn’t like about my F3T compared to my old RTs was the rediculously tiny windshield. So I bought the X-creen rather than fork out hundreds for a new windshield. It really does the trick for me! No more buffeting on the highway, much smoother overall ride.

Spyder Garage

I use one on an RT with the small RT windshield, and love it. I keep it on until it gets cold enough to go to a full size windshield for the winter.

A note on putting it on - there is a lot of "give" in how far apart the places it attaches can be. Too far apart, and it strains the mechanism, resulting in the need for replacing some small parts (thank you, Twisted Throttle, for handling that as a courtesy). Test it out and see what works for you, but be aware it does make a difference.
    Last edited by MRH; 09-23-2017 at 01:25 AM.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

big fan of the X-creen.
    Have one ordered. (Twisted Throttle on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRA-X-Creen-...717709?vxp=mtr)
    I chose the bolt-on because of past experience with them.
    I'm guessing MRH is referring to the clamp-on since the bolt-on doesn't allow a choice in how far attachment points can be,
    Either one makes a big difference in diverting the wind and keeping things calm.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    big fan of the X-creen.
    Have one ordered. (Twisted Throttle on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRA-X-Creen-...717709?vxp=mtr)
    I chose the bolt-on because of past experience with them.
    I'm guessing MRH is referring to the clamp-on since the bolt-on doesn't allow a choice in how far attachment points can be,
    Either one makes a big difference in diverting the wind and keeping things calm.
    Yes, I chose the clamp on. That said, the same dynamics apply to the bolt on, making it even more important that it is attached without “stretching” the x-creen out and making it difficult to adjust.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Default Work well....

20150329_183317.jpg well sideways but visable. This is a MSR shield and comes with the flip and I use it all the time. Freeway up and backroads down and love it. The clip on type are perfect for the ones that use them seasonally...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

[
    Have you got a picture of it on the short RT windshield? Also so I have and idea of how it looks aesthetically. I love my short windshield, but sometimes it needs to be 4 inches taller. In the full up position.

QUOTE=MRH;1302871]I use one on an RT with the small RT windshield, and love it. I keep it on until it gets cold enough to go to a full size windshield for the winter.

A note on putting it on - there is a lot of "give" in how far apart the places it attaches can be. Too far apart, and it strains the mechanism, resulting in the need for replacing some small parts (thank you, Twisted Throttle, for handling that as a courtesy). Test it out and see what works for you, but be aware it does make a difference.[/QUOTE]
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Yes, I chose the clamp on. That said, the same dynamics apply to the bolt on, making it even more important that it is attached without “stretching” the x-creen out and making it difficult to adjust.
    never had a problem, I just used the template provided with the screen to locate where to drill the mounting holes and it worked fine and no issues in adjusting the X creen
    I can see where stretching could put strain on the clamps, they need to be a proper distance apart, that's for sure
    never had a clamp-on to compare it to
    it does take commitment to drill holes in your windshield, asked myself a couple times if I really wanted to do this before I hit the switch

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple