Spyder Garage

Unhappy Brake Pad badly worn on one Pad only

I have had a problem with my left side front wheel on my 2016 RT Limited since it was new. The brakes sounded like there was intermittent rubbing/ grinding every rotation. Had it back to dealer and they indicated there were no issues. Got new pads and a rotor as the noise was getting louder. Upon changing, the one Pad was completely gone down to metal. The other Pad on the same side was passable and the other pair on the opposite side were still good. Changed the rotor on the bad side and both sets of pads.

The Spyder has 29,000 kms (18,000 miles) on it.

Question is, has anyone seen this level of uneven wear, and any ideas as to why.

All 4 pistons on both calipers pushed back in easily with only hand pressure.

IMG_0566.jpgIMG_0567.jpgIMG_0568.jpgIMG_0569.jpgIMG_0570.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default YUP

DITTO on my 2015 F3-S....
    got 17,000 some odd miles before the failure.... had to replace the disk as well.... installed a new disk and EBC Pads... MUCH better than OEM.....
    DON'T replace just the one side, do both sides....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

image.jpgHope this helps

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=gazunni;1302429]I have had a problem with my left side front wheel on my 2016 RT Limited since it was new. The brakes sounded like there was intermittent rubbing/ grinding every rotation. Had it back to dealer and they indicated there were no issues.

I have this same issue with my 2015 RTS from day 1. Replace pads at 15k. I like my dealer a lot ,but they continued downplay the issue every time I ask about it. Sounds like an issue with more than one year model.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PAD WEAR

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    I have had a problem with my left side front wheel on my 2016 RT Limited since it was new. The brakes sounded like there was intermittent rubbing/ grinding every rotation. Had it back to dealer and they indicated there were no issues. Got new pads and a rotor as the noise was getting louder. Upon changing, the one Pad was completely gone down to metal. The other Pad on the same side was passable and the other pair on the opposite side were still good. Changed the rotor on the bad side and both sets of pads.

The Spyder has 29,000 kms (18,000 miles) on it.

Question is, has anyone seen this level of uneven wear, and any ideas as to why.

All 4 pistons on both calipers pushed back in easily with only hand pressure.

IMG_0566.jpgIMG_0567.jpgIMG_0568.jpgIMG_0569.jpgIMG_0570.jpg
    .I can't speak for the front brakes /pads ..... but on my rear pads I dodged a bullet ..... the NON piston side was worn down to whisker of the metal ..... the piston side almost 1mm left ..... why the non-piston side wears faster I don't know .........PS I had a little over 30K on the rear pads ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

These brake component conditions are much more common that people realize. And it is also not uncommon for the dealership to tell you there is nothing wrong with your braking system. I've even had customers tell me the dealership said the BUDS would show a code if there were anything wrong.

Not true and Not True!

The computer has no way to know if the pads are wearing unevenly. Your pads should not be wearing unevenly or at an angle. If they are then something is hanging up somewhere. The troubleshooting diagram in a previous post is a very good reference tool.

It's your Spyder and your safety. It is sad to say but you can't always trust either one to your dealership.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Same problem

I have the exact same problem on a 2015 rt limited with 15000 miles. Replaced pads and rotors with ebc.
    Still have rubbing noise on left front. Taking it to pitbull next month to try and find problem.