Spyder Garage

Default Cai-Sci and Custom Dynamics

Today I added the Custom Dynamics rear LED parts for the Spyder's rear reflectors to my side cases. They were tied into the wiring for the Admore rear case lights and work perfectly.

The Cal-Sci larger windscreen was added. Haven't tried it out yet, but it is large and has a lower vent, so I will give it a try in a few days.

IMG_3216.jpgIMG_3218.jpg
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Well done...👍

Both look very nice. now for the test ryde and subsequent review..enjoy the new windshield traffic will be aware of the lights...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Got out today for a fairly long ride with the new windscreen. This was Cal-Sci's extra-wide and tallest version.

In the lowest position, there is much more hand protection from the wind buffeting compared to the OEM unit. The amount of turbulence on the helmet area has been cut in half. The largest improvement was on my shoulders and arms. The OEM allowed much wind to flow over the sides and immediately beat your arms to death. The new one almost completely takes this away.

In the highest position, some of the hand protection is lost, however, is still much better than the OEM was. The helmet buffeting at this point is almost barely noticeable. Shoulder protection is still very good.

I believe the lower open vent does a lot to alleviate the back pressure and reduce the buffeting.

I think somewhere in one of the middle positions is where you get a medium balance between the air disturbance on the hands and helmet areas. Depending on the ambient temps on any given day, there is enough latitude to balance between hand and head buffeting protection.

Overall, I like the product. Just my penny's worth..........
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac