Spyder Garage

Default Error trying to load Spydrlovers.com using Firefox

This is not the first time I couldn't load this forum some minutes ago. This is not the first time as it happens at least once a month. I do get errors using Firefox browser on Linux Mint 18.1. I tried to load this forum on my android cell only to have the same error. Please see attached screen shot from the computer. The problem goes away after some time (I didn't track down yet, how long does it last).
    I believe the issue is in the http system setup, which is per the Firefox over four years old system in relation to the security. Firefox is pretty good on security, that is why I won't use any other browser loading web sites.
    Could this be looked into please?
    Spyderlovers ERR.jpg
    Last edited by INfox; 09-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    This is not the first time I couldn't load this forum some minutes ago.
    The error screen you posted is NOT complaining about this site but about something in Yahoo.

What kind of convoluted process are you using in trying to connect here ??

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...😠

Not many I know are using Linux so can't help there but the picture is showing a security problem that firefox needs to deal with. Do you have google chrome, explorer or other ..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I use chrome, but just tried Firefox and it worked fine. You might have a yahoo version of Firefox, uninstall it AND got to mozilla and download the real version. Yahoo and others have "taken" over Firefox and decide where you can go, or a spam has captured your browsers.

Here is a free virus scan program: https://www.vipre.com/support/home/ scroll down to find it. I've used this company for 5+ years so you can trust it. I use their virus program (Internet Security Pro)

It will run for hours depending on the stuff on your computer, at the end you will see what it found and removed or all is well.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for all your responses. I Use Linux and therefore I can’t download from the web sites for security reasons, there is a process for software install. It is a secure system, no antivirus programs. No telemetry from Microsoft, although Firefox does some telemetry.

I will not install Chrome just to access this forum. Sorry to sound so rude, but I do not have any other problems and no need for another brower.

I keep my system lean and clean and I’m very careful with everything from the Internet, computers and cell phone are not opening anything I didn’t expect. That is also why I have a unlocked Android, so I can check what is going on in there too. I am not a geek, but I understand enough about computers to be aware of what am I doing. This does not mean, I don’t make mistakes.
    Something must be blocking it, my Internet provider gave me this message. There is no other provider in here and most likely won’t be as this area is monopolized by a rich company.

Why is Yahoo involved in it, I have no clue I do NOT use Yahoo Search at all. I will check the Firefox if I can permanently disable Yahoo from their browser. My android is using the same Internet provider via Wi-Fi, that’s why I got very similar message and yes, there is Yahoo in the message as well, most likely generated by Firefox.

Knowing it’s only me having this problem, I will also test a cell phone provider Internet access to load Spyderlovers next time I get this message. I will also test the Linux’s browser next time, I didn’t use it yet as I like Firefox, that is I liked it till now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

pitzerwm, I noticed you have the Sceptor decals. I am currently deciding of how to embellish my spyder. How long do you have it and how well does it stick and reflect - if I may ask? Is there a warranty for their decals or a limitation of how long can it be on without it damaging the paint upon removal? Thank you

Spyder Garage

I got it taken care of now. It was the Firefox!
    I just encountered another error and went straight to the Firefox Preferences > Search and deleted the Yahoo from their "One-click Search Engines", even though I didn't have Yahoo checked on for Search.

One note I do clean No Script by Revoking temporary permissions often, because cleaning cookies will log me out of everything. I think this cleaning action initially starts the problem; but deleting Yahoo from Search in Firefox stops the problem. No Script changed some settings while back and that is probably when my errors started as well.

Now its loading just fine.
    Last edited by INfox; 09-20-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    I Use Linux and therefore I can’t download from the web sites for security reasons,
    Those two things are NOT dependent on each other, in general.

You don't really know how this stuff works as much as you think you do.

All of this probably means that you need to "obtain" a newer updated version of a browser that will run on Linux.
    If you really can't download one, see your IT department.

Or maybe the IT department has used Yahoo to block you from sites like this on purpose.
    The possibilities are almost endless........and nobody here knows enough about your particular software/hardware structure to give you any meaningful help.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I am my own IT and this is at my home. If I get stuck I talk to my computer engineer geek son or my network geek neighbor.
    And yes you are correct I don't know exactly what happens, I don't even think I would like to go that deep.
    For now I know how to deal with it by myself and if things get worse, I will consult with them. Thank you.