Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah, he MIGHT say that, hypurone, but on the other hand, he might know exactly what the issue is. A phone call is definitely the best first course of action.

It's a bit unfair to publicly dismiss the upgrade as being a failure without giving them a chance to indentify what the issue may be.

Pete
    Nowhere did I "dismiss" the upgrade in the sense that you are referring to. I simply stated it does not perform for me in the night and day fashion like what everyone else has been describing. The flash has to have "parameters" that must work right from the start or the engine will never achieve what the flash is designed to do. This "tank and a half" business etc is for short and long term fuel trims to build and be stored in the ECM tables thereby becoming "optimized" for said flash parameters. It isn't going to be like a light switch at that point. Simply more refined.

All I'm stating is that I was not impressed in the way that others have been so far and that I am OK with just moving on. I simply wanted to know which F3 Wildrice had as I haven't seen anyone else with an F3-S post up yet.

I have tried to call but his VM says he cannot accept calls at this time etc. I will PM him just out of curiosity to see if he has had any other issues like this. But as I stated I am OK at this point to just move on. It is a personal choice and by no means says anything dismissive about the flash.
    Last edited by hypurone; 09-26-2017 at 10:59 AM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I understand, hypurone My comment was not so much about the interpretation of the word "dismiss", but more about giving the vendor a chance to perhaps explain what and why you are experiencing before you say that it's not meeting your expectations
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I understand, hypurone My comment was not so much about the interpretation of the word "dismiss", but more about giving the vendor a chance to perhaps explain what and why you are experiencing before you say that it's not meeting your expectations
    Steve and I have been in touch and as I expected he cannot tell anything without having the ECM in his hands....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Steve and I have been in touch and as I expected he cannot tell anything without having the ECM in his hands....
    Did you see Dennis' post number 24 on the previous page, Chuck?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Did you see Dennis' post number 24 on the previous page, Chuck?

Pete
    Yup. Steve has not indicated any requirement for ECM learning. The available gains should be evident from the get go. There will be some fine tuning done over time but that is not what "makes" the flash what it is.
    He said as well that the gains should be the same for all 1330 engines....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Bugger !
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Bugger !
    Meh, I knew that was gonna be the answer.... !!

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .If I were you ... I'd contact them and find out what's going on ..... NO ONE else here has reported Poor performance .... Mike
    I am noticing a regular increase in performance with mileage. Initially the spyder showed power increases in the mid to upper rpm range--I didn't feel magic off the line. Now on tank of gas later I can burn some serious rubber. I took it out on the freeway & ran it up to 8600 in 4th gear--99-100 mph. Hit 110 mph in 5th until traffic jammed up. It was spinning the rear wheel after 10-15 mph. But I forgot to mention---I removed the Cat Bypass pipe & re-installed the Cat with the Big City Thunder Baffle in between the exhaust pipe & Cat entrance. Lost the loud noise--still have a touch of rap-off decelerating. I'll keep trying to test the top end when traffic allows but the 1st & especially 2nd gear performance is amazing plus for some reason the thumb shifting is much quicker--no delay--I like it. Best $400 I've spent on the Spyder by far.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FLASH RESULTS

....................tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE ..............Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I am noticing a regular increase in performance with mileage. Initially the spyder showed power increases in the mid to upper rpm range--I didn't feel magic off the line. Now on tank of gas later I can burn some serious rubber. I took it out on the freeway & ran it up to 8600 in 4th gear--99-100 mph. Hit 110 mph in 5th until traffic jammed up. It was spinning the rear wheel after 10-15 mph. But I forgot to mention---I removed the Cat Bypass pipe & re-installed the Cat with the Big City Thunder Baffle in between the exhaust pipe & Cat entrance. Lost the loud noise--still have a touch of rap-off decelerating. I'll keep trying to test the top end when traffic allows but the 1st & especially 2nd gear performance is amazing plus for some reason the thumb shifting is much quicker--no delay--I like it. Best $400 I've spent on the Spyder by far.
    Your first and second gear improvements are more from restoring the back pressure that the primary cat and muffler give. Still, glad you are pleased and I hope mine turns around but I don't hold much hope as it should all have been there from the get go according to Steve.... Except for the "fine tuning" that does happen as you amass more miles.....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Your first and second gear improvements are more from restoring the back pressure that the primary cat and muffler give. Still, glad you are pleased and I hope mine turns around but I don't hold much hope as it should all have been there from the get go according to Steve.... Except for the "fine tuning" that does happen as you amass more miles.....
    Interesting problem I wish my local traffic would permit a better documented evaluation. But besides re-installing the Cat-- 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear have more jump from lower RPM to the redline & wearing down my rear tire brings a smile on my face.. I've always been disappointed with the shifting delay but now it's a very quick shift between gears. (supposedly not part of the ECM upgrade) Quite often after a slow shift into 2nd it would bog down & then take off. I mentioned it in the past & the guy responding thought I had a mental issue--he may have been right but the prior shifting sucked going into 2nd gear. Shifts like it should now.. I think returning the ECM to Peter for a re-flash is best--every modification line has an occasional error. Smart of you to bring the problem up & pursue a happy ending.
    Wishing you the good luck you deserve,
    Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 10-01-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default ECU and YOU learn together

Something dawned on me that with more miles on the ECU it's not just the ECU learning but the driver learning the flashed ECU shift points as well. I led a group of about a dozen mixed cycles today and at EVERY STOP they talked about how some things I was doing was giving them fits to match. I have learned where my cornering and acceleration advantages and limitations are. I lined up with a FAST rider on an FZ09 and told him to let me start first. I laid down about 25' of perfect starting rubber and nutted the 2nd and 3rd gear shifts at 8,600 rpm and had a big lead up to about 90 mph. He caught me but the road I selected didn't allow him enough room to pass before the next corner. He thinks I'm just about as fast as him but little did he know he was about to toast me if the road was straighter a little longer as I was quickly running out of steam.
    What exhaust pipe are you using? Ackrpovic right? You shouldn't need the Thunder Baffle with an Akra.

[QUOTE=Wildrice;1305407]I am noticing a regular increase in performance with mileage.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Dennis in Lodi;1305542]Something dawned on me that with more miles on the ECU it's not just the ECU learning but the driver learning the flashed ECU shift points as well. I led a group of about a dozen mixed cycles today and at EVERY STOP they talked about how some things I was doing was giving them fits to match. I have learned where my cornering and acceleration advantages and limitations are. I lined up with a FAST rider on an FZ09 and told him to let me start first. I laid down about 25' of perfect starting rubber and nutted the 2nd and 3rd gear shifts at 8,600 rpm and had a big lead up to about 90 mph. He caught me but the road I selected didn't allow him enough room to pass before the next corner. He thinks I'm just about as fast as him but little did he know he was about to toast me if the road was straighter a little longer as I was quickly running out of steam.
    What exhaust pipe are you using? Ackrpovic right? You shouldn't need the Thunder Baffle with an Akra.

I am noticing a regular increase in performance with mileage.
    Dennis--out accelerating a Yamaha FZ09 to 90 mph is awesome--I would have thought he'd be even with you at 50mph. I've had mixed thoughts on using the Big City Thunder Baffle with the Cat & Akrapovic straight shot silencer. It just may reduce my top end performance. Looking at the BCT baffle in the exhaust pipe it looked like minimal air could escape via the exhaust. I really hate taking those 3 springs off/on even with Doc's wire connector. I may need to fabricate a spring hook with a heavy bar for leverage--otherwise I'm stuck pulling the spring when no one else is around to guide the spring hook to the Cat. Anyone have a photo of the device their using to hook up the 3 springs??
    Darrell

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS WORKED FOR THE *ITCH TOP SPRING

[QUOTE=Wildrice;1305686]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Something dawned on me that with more miles on the ECU it's not just the ECU learning but the driver learning the flashed ECU shift points as well. I led a group of about a dozen mixed cycles today and at EVERY STOP they talked about how some things I was doing was giving them fits to match. I have learned where my cornering and acceleration advantages and limitations are. I lined up with a FAST rider on an FZ09 and told him to let me start first. I laid down about 25' of perfect starting rubber and nutted the 2nd and 3rd gear shifts at 8,600 rpm and had a big lead up to about 90 mph. He caught me but the road I selected didn't allow him enough room to pass before the next corner. He thinks I'm just about as fast as him but little did he know he was about to toast me if the road was straighter a little longer as I was quickly running out of steam.

Dennis--out accelerating a Yamaha FZ09 to 90 mph is awesome--I would have thought he'd be even with you at 50mph. I've had mixed thoughts on using the Big City Thunder Baffle with the Cat & Akrapovic straight shot silencer. It just may reduce my top end performance. Looking at the BCT baffle in the exhaust pipe it looked like minimal air could escape via the exhaust. I really hate taking those 3 springs off/on even with Doc's wire connector. I may need to fabricate a spring hook with a heavy bar for leverage--otherwise I'm stuck pulling the spring when no one else is around to guide the spring hook to the Cat. Anyone have a photo of the device their using to hook up the 3 springs??
    Darrell
    The others were pretty easy ..... I has a 1/8 by 1" wide piece of flat stock... I notched the end ( so it would bite ) and then drilled a small hole for a 1/8 th nail " back from the notch ... I bent the nail into a HOOK , since the nail had a top it won't pull thru ...... I just put the hook onto the spring and levered it off ...... I could put it on the same way ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Wildrice;1305686][QUOTE=Dennis in Lodi;1305542]

Dennis--I removed the BCT Baffle--now it's been raining the last 2 days

Darrell

Spyder Garage

Default Noticing a surging of power at 7500-7800 in 5th

I don't recall this lack of acceleration beyond the 7500 rpm in 5th gear earlier. 1st thru 4th pull strong. 5th gear around 107-110 mph felt I was buffeting wind on the wind shield--took a while from 7500-7800 in 5th until traffic forced me to back off. I hadn't really noticed this before but my freeway is traffic limited--getting more congested. Still haven't been able use 6th gear in the top end. I gotta find a new test area. Big windshield, passenger backrest, & saddle bags don't help my top end. What ever happened to the guys that claimed 130 mph?
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

I don't recall this lack of acceleration beyond the 7500 rpm in 5th gear earlier. 1st thru 4th pull strong. 5th gear around 107-110 mph felt I was buffeting wind on the wind shield--took a while from 7500-7800 in 5th until traffic forced me to back off. I hadn't really noticed this before but my freeway is traffic limited--getting more congested. Still haven't been able use 6th gear in the top end. I gotta find a new test area. Big windshield, passenger backrest, & saddle bags don't help my top end. What ever happened to the guys that claimed 130 mph?
    Darrell

Seems that the CAT delete pipe without any baffle hurts low end torque. I took the CAT delete pipe off and put the CAT/Muffler back on. I could not believe the difference that the OEM set-up has in performance over the CAT Delete. Most people the first thing they do to there new bike is change the muffler system. The OEM muffler system for the most part is already perfectly tuned for the best performance. Removing it just to get more noise.

I can not wait to try the Monster re-map. I will be ordering when the Snow flies..

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Wildrice;1305686]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post

Darrell

I used my brake tools to leverage over the springs worked very well reinstalling the header springs.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by No 2817 View Post
    Seems that the CAT delete pipe without any baffle hurts low end torque. I took the CAT delete pipe off and put the CAT/Muffler back on. I could not believe the difference that the OEM set-up has in performance over the CAT Delete. Most people the first thing they do to there new bike is change the muffler system. The OEM muffler system for the most part is already perfectly tuned for the best performance. Removing it just to get more noise.

I can not wait to try the Monster re-map. I will be ordering when the Snow flies..

Chris
    Chris, you have absolutely right. I tried the cat delete on my F3 with Thunder Baffle and after two weeks I come back to OEM setup-up. I saw instantly the difference. The low end torque was come back. The monster re-map will be done soon.

Spyder Garage

Does this increase too speed? you

Spyder Garage

Gonna start a new thread on this but in case someone stumbles into this one I thought I would link to an update I made in another thread:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1341606

Chuck

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RSS that is rated at 100hp @ 7500RPM with Two Brothers exhaust. It sounds like even though I keep the stock RPM limit that I may get up to 125HP. I have been to the Monster Fuel Injection web site and they show instructions for ECU removal for the 1300 but not the 998. Does anyone have instructions for that?

Time & light rain weather limited my testing to 1st & 2nd gear. I would give it a 25% increase in power to the the new 8600 rpm redline. There is a definite increase in power. 25% increase for approx $400 including freight is a really good deal. I've spent $1900 to go from 170 rwhp to 190 rwhp on my 1st hayabusa. Over $10K + on my turbo hayabusa. Brisk would be my definition of upgraded ECM acceleration. Everything else other than new 8600 rpm redline & improved acceleration appear to have remained the same. More info to follow with time & weather permitting.
    Darrell

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will it help me out run a Corvette for more than 10 feet?

I ask this as I pulled up to a Vette today and we had some quick fun

Of coarse he blew me away in like 15 feet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Will it help me out run a Corvette for more than 10 feet?

I ask this as I pulled up to a Vette today and we had some quick fun

Of coarse he blew me away in like 15 feet.
    Yeah, there’s no way a jogger can keep up with a Vette, triker .

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.