Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Vibration Dampers Count!

FYI, we started with 100 units in this last run about 6 weeks ago, ended up missing Spyder Quest due to my shoulder (which actually gave us more available product) and we still have Maggie Valley next month. Our current count is: 58 as of today. After these are gone it will be at least the 3rd week in October before we have another run.

Also, just turned 12,000 miles on the original Vibration Damper unit that this all started with. Still working perfectly with no play in the arm or pulley.

Spyder Garage

Just put one on my Rts 2016. Great product.

Spyder Garage

Have one on my 2015 RTS and after about 3000 miles the spring broke. Ordered a new spring from Doc and it shipped out the same day and should be here Friday. Thumbs up to Doc for great service.

Other than that I have to say the damper works great. Even with the damper I always have some slight vibration in the 55-60 range but all of a sudden it was really bad. Not a constant vibration but intermittent and bad enough the make the floorboards vibrate pretty hard. Had to stay below 55 or get up around 65 to get rid of it. I thought I would start with checking the belt tension to try and figure out what was going on and noticed the damper had no tension. It was just flopping around. Long story short the damper works and can't wait to get the new spring on it.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Seems you did well with the design and materials... good to hear your sales are going well too and proof of a good product....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Vibration Damper Spring

Doc

With reference to an earlier post (web3004) #3

"Have one on my 2015 RTS and after about 3000 miles the spring broke. Ordered a new spring from Doc and it shipped out the same day and should be here Friday. Thumbs up to Doc for great service."

I take it all your Vibration Dampers you now produce, and sale, now has the stronger Spring you came up with and is fitted as standard

As you state on your website:-

The Spring is improved over the original one because the Spring has a larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire
    It's great to think that if issues arise you are quick to respond and make improvements kudos to you

In case you need a replacement or carry a spare, these springs are improved over the original ones. Larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire.Price includes shipping anywhere in the USIn case you need a replacement or carry a spare, these springs are improved over the original ones. Larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire.Price includes shipping anywhere in the US
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Doc

With reference to an earlier post (web3004) #3

"Have one on my 2015 RTS and after about 3000 miles the spring broke. Ordered a new spring from Doc and it shipped out the same day and should be here Friday. Thumbs up to Doc for great service."

I take it all your Vibration Dampers you now produce, and sale, now has the stronger Spring you came up with and is fitted as standard

As you state on your website:-

The Spring is improved over the original one because the Spring has a larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire
    It's great to think that if issues arise you are quick to respond and make improvements kudos to you

In case you need a replacement or carry a spare, these springs are improved over the original ones. Larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire.Price includes shipping anywhere in the USIn case you need a replacement or carry a spare, these springs are improved over the original ones. Larger diameter for more travel and heavier gauge wire.Price includes shipping anywhere in the US

Yes, all kits have the upgrade. Only way to go! If anyone is interested, we have some of the smaller ones that will fit and work fine on the BRP OEM unit. It was really fun figuring this one out. But we got it. All that matters.

Spyder Garage

37 left as of today!