Spyder Garage

Default Doubts with the way of setting up the rear shock absorber

When I travel with my wife I have noticed that the rear suspension does "top" and I am trying to understand the operation of the set-up.
    The instruction’s manual speaks about a “set up manual” and a “remote set up”.With the compressor to swell wheels I put a pressure of about 300 kpa, starting from 0 and it seems that now the suspension goes better. My question is whether to do a manual set-up and then minor adjustments in remote or are independent way of set-up. My Spyder is RT 2011 Ltd. Thank you very much!
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Still trying to understand as well

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    When I travel with my wife I have noticed that the rear suspension does "top" and I am trying to understand the operation of the set-up.
    The instruction’s manual speaks about a “set up manual” and a “remote set up”.With the compressor to swell wheels I put a pressure of about 300 kpa, starting from 0 and it seems that now the suspension goes better. My question is whether to do a manual set-up and then minor adjustments in remote or are independent way of set-up. My Spyder is RT 2011 Ltd. Thank you very much!
    I was hoping you would get an answer here because I'm also still trying to figure it out.
    My wife says the ride is rough on the back compared to a goldwing and even a Kawasaki Nomad. I've read a lot on this site and read about former goldwing riders who love the ride of the Spyder so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Compressor is working properly and I'm not losing sir over night. It's at 30psi. I've tried all the settings on the dash from soft to hard.
    Hopefully somebody will chime in with an easy to understand explanation.
    Greg
    P.S. I stumbled across this after posting above. This may help.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ear+suspension
    Last edited by Wrongway; 09-23-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)