Spyder Garage

Default Two RTS's in an 8.5 x 16 enclosed trailer

Have you trailered 2 rts's in a 8.5' x 16' enclosed trailer?
    curious..not any other model
    2 RTS's

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TOO SMALL TRAILER

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    Have you trailered 2 rts's in a 8.5' x 16' enclosed trailer?
    curious..not any other model
    2 RTS's
    The RT's are about 9 /12 ft long .... it can be done ...but you will have to put the tails alongside each other .... not an easy task .... pretty easy the scratch something .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Sam's Vlog

We ride with a couple in Atlanta Spyder Riders, Sam & Susan. Sam is also a vlogger and he happened to do one episode on towing an RT and a big 2 wheeler in an enclosed 7x14 trailer.

I know you asked about towing 2 Spyders, watch how he moves the Spyder around once on the trailer, that's the answer you are after. Like Mike said above drive on one, back one on and move the rear wheels with Sam's tip. He's a good guy and his vlog is entertaining as well.
    Good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hecam17 View Post
    We ride with a couple in Atlanta Spyder Riders, Sam & Susan. Sam is also a vlogger and he happened to do one episode on towing an RT and a big 2 wheeler in an enclosed 7x14 trailer. I know you asked about towing 2 Spyders, watch how he moves the Spyder around once on the trailer, that's the answer you are after. Like Mike said above drive on one, back one on and move the rear wheels with Sam's tip. He's a good guy and his vlog is entertaining as well.
    Good luck
    It seems he just grabs the passenger grab rails and drags it? I'm not sure I'd want to do that too many times.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default MOVING REAR OF .... RT

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It seems he just grabs the passenger grab rails and drags it? I'm not sure I'd want to do that too many times.
    " IF " you place two pieces of sheet metal on top of each other ( say 12 X12 & a 12 X 20 ... larger one on bottom ) you can EASILY slide the RT sideways ..... I wouldn't try doing it on bare wood etc .... the passenger Grab handles are strong ... BUT NOT THAT STRONG !!!! ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-17-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

16ft won't work you need at least an 18ft trailer. I wanted to use a smaller/cheaper trailer but due to the length of the bikes I bought a 20ft trailer since it was the same price of an 18ft. You can put them in nose to but without all that finagling and sliding them around. I've only used it once in 4 months but it worked great. Xtra room for carrying things you find on the road trip.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We had to go to an 18' (with the bull nose it actually is 19'6") when we got the second Spyder. The 16' was just too short. Also, make sure what you are towing with can handle it. We use a F150 4x4 with the towing package and I still had to beef up the rear suspension so that our headlights weren't "hunting squirrels". Good luck!

Spyder Garage

I think you guys missed that the OP asked about a 8.5' x 16' trailer. I think the 8.5' trailer would allow him to fit 2 RT's in a 16' trailer. Tail beside Tail
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default MISSED MEANINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    I think you guys missed that the OP asked about a 8.5' x 16' trailer. I think the 8.5' trailer would allow him to fit 2 RT's in a 16' trailer. Tail beside Tail
    I didn't miss it ....and neither did you ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

we did it this weekend on a 16ft trailer with sides (I believe it might have been 6.5 wide). the trailer sides are inside the wheels. we put the first one on and hugged one of the sides with the front tires and put a floor jack under it and slide the rear tire to the opposite side as far we could and then did the same with the second RT and strapped them down. it was tight but we went about 170 miles and back (340 miles total) with no problems. they were loaded nose to tail.